UnOfficial March 2012 Trip Planners Tread-DIS Meet 3/8 Info Pg 1

My dd (age 8) and I will be there in March also - March 7-12 staying at POFQ. Corrine1973 told me about the DisMeet on the 8th. Getting excited :cool1:

I hope you'll be joining us at the DISmeet! My DD(9/10) is looking forward to having girls her age to hang out with! :goodvibes

I bet you would be mean and get me in trouble. :rotfl:

I have to tell DH today that I am getting rid of Cap't Grill , he may say NO :laughing:

Thing is I had a late lunch 1:55 at MM then after F! heading over to CG at 8:30pm. DH is gonna be tired and cranky after spending the day at DHS and fighting the crowds after F! so I am thinking it is better his belly be full before F! and then we can just head back to the resort. Would be nice if they would extend the closing time to 8 that night , then people might not all be heading to the exit at the same time (I can hope)

I have to pin him down today about if he wants to rent a car or not as that depends on if we order water + from GG

I also have to decide about the scooter today. I need to have all this settled by Monday for my own peace of mind.:headache:

I'd totally try to get you in trouble. :thumbsup2 And I'd get it on film and post it on the DIS. :lmao:

Tell your DH that I said you have to eat at 50s. There's a pot roast with his name on it. ;)

I hate the crowds after F!. We waited forever for our turn to ride a bus back to the resort last year. I think it took 3 or 4 buses, and that was the night I got attacked by a bug. :sad2: It bit my eye! :eek: It was horrible experience. But it's in the past. :lmao:

Anxiously waiting to hear if you rent a car and/or scooter. If you rent a scooter, can I hitch a ride? :laughing:

Oh my goodness this board has had alot of excitement! I thought I had it set to get mobile updates anytime someone posts but there were 20+ pages so Im gonna say it didnt work LOL!

I was only able to read 1/2 the pages so I will have to finish tonight!

I only hit one park that we should advoid but Im ok with it since we will do that park 2x and the second time its the best park to go to! We hit 3 bests parks this trip total :)

Michigan has had a pretty mild winter so far, hopefully it will be warm when we go. However, Im ok with seeing Mickey with a jacket on!!!

Wish I had more time to read but always something to do here.

Oh dear that was a good one! :lmao:

it might fit in DH's bag I know it won't fit in mine since mine is a 20" carry - on size. I use to love my fanny pack but last trip it bothered me terrible causing my lower back pain to be worse. I am going to use a crossbody bag this trip hope it works better. I am debateing about getting and ECV, DH wants me to get a wheel chair like last time when my knee went out on me his thought is you can use it as a walker or stop and sit if need be.

If you get the ECV you wouldn't need the Slacker seat, would you? Does it hurt your back to wear a backpack?

I think it took 3 or 4 buses, and that was the night I got attacked by a bug. :sad2: It bit my eye! :eek: It was horrible experience. But it's in the past. :lmao:

Lidian, you are too funny! :rotfl2:

I hope you'll be joining us at the DISmeet! My DD(9/10) is looking forward to having girls her age to hang out with! :goodvibes

We will have to see. We are going to Fantasmic that night so depends on how long it takes us to get back.

I haven't read through all 50+ pages of this thread yet... Is anyone thinking of going to Blizzard Beach?

Saw some posts on ADRs ( we are doing free Dining Plan, I upgraded dd to adult so she can eat more than chicken nuggets and pizza :rotfl:)

Arrive 3/7 - riding boat to DTD and WPE for dinner
3/8 - (DHS day) Mama Melrose Fantasmic Pkg for lunch, Sci-Fi for dinner/snack (OOP).
3/9 - (MK day) Crystal Palace for dinner
3/10 - sleep in day and will either 1) go to Blizzard Beach 2) hang out and swim at hotel for a little bit and then head to AK
I have Yak & Yeti for late lunch if we are at AK OR Kona Cafe for dinner if we do BB. (I will cancel one after we get there and decide what we want to do)
3/11 - (Epcot Day) La Hacienda for dinner
3/12 - O'hana breakfast before we fly home

Hi everyone! I'm Natty, 19 years old, and staying at WDW March 3rd - 10th for a trip with my Disney BFF. We're staying at the Pop Century and we are sooo excited!! Only 28 days left too. We have reservations for Princess Storybook Dining, which I've never done before, so I'm really excited to see what it'll be like. I love princesses the most aaa
tumblr_lmsresxbdY1qcfn0j.gif

Oh, I never did write down my ADR's. Silly me.:confused3
Well better late than never, right? Funny thing is I had most of these before I was even officially booked the resort. That was how determined I was to go.:thumbsup2 (I blame you Liddy and D.:lmao::rotfl2:)

March 8th- Epcot- Rose & Crown at 7:15pm
March 9th- MK- The Crystal Palace at 9:55am
AKL- Boma-Flavors of Africa at 5:20pm
March 10th- DHS- Mama Melrose at 1:15pm
March 11th- DAK- Tusker House at 9:30am

I'd totally try to get you in trouble. :thumbsup2 And I'd get it on film and post it on the DIS. :lmao:

Tell your DH that I said you have to eat at 50s. There's a pot roast with his name on it. ;)

I hate the crowds after F!. We waited forever for our turn to ride a bus back to the resort last year. I think it took 3 or 4 buses, and that was the night I got attacked by a bug. :sad2: It bit my eye! :eek: It was horrible experience. But it's in the past. :lmao:

Anxiously waiting to hear if you rent a car and/or scooter. If you rent a scooter, can I hitch a ride? :laughing:

Lidian - Well I cancelled Cap't Grill but added T-Rex which I will most likely cancel since I made another T-Rex for Monday when we plan on going to DTD. I am thinking maybe I need to make an ADR for RR even though DH said he did not want to go there but darn I do just like I want to go see the dinosaurs :rotfl:

I am thinking depending on how tired DH is we can always walk back after F! or take the Boat. That had to be awfull having a bug bite you in the eye. Did it swell up? I hate bugs:scared1:

Besides playing with my ADR's I pinned DH down and he said he wants to rent a car so I reserved one. You know I do not know who this man is but I wish the Aliens would stop taking the "real" one and leaving this stranger.
He never wanted to drive in WDW and now he says he wants to:confused3

I also reserved a scooter, so watch out WDW here I come. :lmao:

Think I am gonna go change the late evening T-Rex to Raglan Road. Yep Yep that is what I am gonna go do now.

If you get the ECV you wouldn't need the Slacker seat, would you? Does it hurt your back to wear a backpack?

Beiji - I rented the ECV so do not have to worry about the slacker seat now. I am not sure about wearing a backpack but I do not need anything that large anyway, I keep what I take into the parks to a bare minimum.

Saw some posts on ADRs ( we are doing free Dining Plan, I upgraded dd to adult so she can eat more than chicken nuggets and pizza :rotfl:)

Arrive 3/7 - riding boat to DTD and WPE for dinner
3/8 - (DHS day) Mama Melrose Fantasmic Pkg for lunch, Sci-Fi for dinner/snack (OOP).
3/9 - (MK day) Crystal Palace for dinner
3/10 - sleep in day and will either 1) go to Blizzard Beach 2) hang out and swim at hotel for a little bit and then head to AK
I have Yak & Yeti for late lunch if we are at AK OR Kona Cafe for dinner if we do BB. (I will cancel one after we get there and decide what we want to do)
3/11 - (Epcot Day) La Hacienda for dinner
3/12 - O'hana breakfast before we fly home

All your ADRs are added to the list on page 1 :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! I'm Natty, 19 years old, and staying at WDW March 3rd - 10th for a trip with my Disney BFF. We're staying at the Pop Century and we are sooo excited!! Only 28 days left too. We have reservations for Princess Storybook Dining, which I've never done before, so I'm really excited to see what it'll be like. I love princesses the most aaa

:welcome: to the thread Unicorned! :wave:

Added you to Our list of March travelers on page 1

Well better late than never, right? Funny thing is I had most of these before I was even officially booked the resort. That was how determined I was to go.:thumbsup2 (I blame you Liddy and D.:lmao::rotfl2:)

Corrine Great list of ADRs added them to the list on page 1 :thumbsup2

But I was serious! The bug bit my eye. :sad: It was horrible and painful. Why do you laugh at me? :lmao::rotfl2:

We will have to see. We are going to Fantasmic that night so depends on how long it takes us to get back.

I haven't read through all 50+ pages of this thread yet... Is anyone thinking of going to Blizzard Beach?

We're hoping the weather is nice enough so we can hit BB at least once during our trip! We don't know for sure when ... but looks like the 3rd, 5th, or 6th are our best days for a WP. So it will be weather permitting. Our fingers are crossed though!

What day are you going to Akershus? We have an ADR scheduled on the 8th. :goodvibes

I happily take the blame. :lmao:

Lidian - Well I cancelled Cap't Grill but added T-Rex which I will most likely cancel since I made another T-Rex for Monday when we plan on going to DTD. I am thinking maybe I need to make an ADR for RR even though DH said he did not want to go there but darn I do just like I want to go see the dinosaurs :rotfl:

I am thinking depending on how tired DH is we can always walk back after F! or take the Boat. That had to be awfull having a bug bite you in the eye. Did it swell up? I hate bugs:scared1:

Besides playing with my ADR's I pinned DH down and he said he wants to rent a car so I reserved one. You know I do not know who this man is but I wish the Aliens would stop taking the "real" one and leaving this stranger.
He never wanted to drive in WDW and now he says he wants to:confused3

I also reserved a scooter, so watch out WDW here I come. :lmao:

Think I am gonna go change the late evening T-Rex to Raglan Road. Yep Yep that is what I am gonna go do now.

DH mentioned hitting up T-Rex ... so now I really want to (pending DS can handle it) and then he changed his mind. :headache: I'm hoping he'll change his mind again once we get there. :lmao:

Will it work out well to rent a car and a scooter? I don't know how well the scooter can be transported via car. :confused3 And FYI, I'm totally hitching rides anytime I see you. :rolleyes1

Wait a minute ... STOP CHANGING YOUR ADRS!!!! :rotfl2:

But I was serious! The bug bit my eye. :sad: It was horrible and painful. Why do you laugh at me? :lmao::rotfl2:

We're hoping the weather is nice enough so we can hit BB at least once during our trip! We don't know for sure when ... but looks like the 3rd, 5th, or 6th are our best days for a WP. So it will be weather permitting. Our fingers are crossed though!

What day are you going to Akershus? We have an ADR scheduled on the 8th. :goodvibes

I happily take the blame. :lmao:

DH mentioned hitting up T-Rex ... so now I really want to (pending DS can handle it) and then he changed his mind. :headache: I'm hoping he'll change his mind again once we get there. :lmao:

Will it work out well to rent a car and a scooter? I don't know how well the scooter can be transported via car. :confused3 And FYI, I'm totally hitching rides anytime I see you. :rolleyes1

Wait a minute ... STOP CHANGING YOUR ADRS!!!! :rotfl2:

Well I am getting the smallest scooter 3 wheel model and it disasembles into 4 parts and fits into the trunk of a compact car at least that is what it says, it also says it takes just minutes to take apart and put together, DH said yeah right, he is the least mechanical person in the entire world if not the universe :rotfl:

We shall see :laughing:

Sorry my quotes are all wacky, but the forum keeps logging me off, making it impossible to do multiple quotes properly.

Lidian: But I was serious! The bug bit my eye. :sad: It was horrible and painful. Why do you laugh at me? :lmao::rotfl2:

Something about the way you said it . . . :rotfl:

Lidian: And FYI, I'm totally hitching rides anytime I see you. :rolleyes1

Me too! In fact, I plan to just hop on every scooter I see and say, "Hi, SJS314," until I get it right! Or until they kick me out of the park. :sad2:

SJS314: I rented the ECV so do not have to worry about the slacker seat now. I am not sure about wearing a backpack but I do not need anything that large anyway, I keep what I take into the parks to a bare minimum.

Good for you, Sheila! Why is it my bare minimum necessitates a backpack and sometimes a stroller to carry it in? :rolleyes:

So ladies, I was just at the Disney Outlet Store and look what I found.

005-8.jpg

I couldn't resist getting it, it has a Dis Green Mickey.:lmao:

If any one going to the Dis Meet wants one, let me know. I bought 6 and as of right now 4 are spoken for. If more people want one I will go back to the store but I can't gaurantee they will not be gone.:)

So ladies, I was just at the Disney Outlet Store and look what I found.

I couldn't resist getting it, it has a Dis Green Mickey.:lmao:

Cute! It looks like Mickey is running for his life! Who do you think he's running from? Minnie?

Well I am getting the smallest scooter 3 wheel model and it disasembles into 4 parts and fits into the trunk of a compact car at least that is what it says, it also says it takes just minutes to take apart and put together, DH said yeah right, he is the least mechanical person in the entire world if not the universe :rotfl:

We shall see :laughing:

I can't see a scooter being quick and easy to take a part. :confused3 Anxious to see how it works out for you!

Sorry my quotes are all wacky, but the forum keeps logging me off, making it impossible to do multiple quotes properly.

Something about the way you said it . . . :rotfl:

Me too! In fact, I plan to just hop on every scooter I see and say, "Hi, SJS314," until I get it right! Or until they kick me out of the park. :sad2:

Good for you, Sheila! Why is it my bare minimum necessitates a backpack and sometimes a stroller to carry it in? :rolleyes:

But I said it with honesty. :confused3 It really did bite my eye, and it really did hurt. :sad:

I can see you jumping on everyone's scooter. I can also see security banning you from WDW. I'm just going to chase all the scooters down yelling, "Sheila! Wait for me!" And if they speed up, I know it's her and I shall run faster. :thumbsup2

Cute! It looks like Mickey is running for his life! Who do you think he's running from? Minnie?

He's obviously running from us.

:lmao: Or maybe he is running from the crazy Dis people who are hijacking the world.:lmao:

See, even Corrine agrees!

Then he shouldn't wear Dis green! :rotfl2:

He's just jealous of us. He can't help it. :thumbsup2

Maybe that is what Mickey will look like if I accidently run over him..........splat! :scared1:

The good thing is I won't have to worry about having DH take it apart except for when we go to DTD and MK since we can walk or boat to Epcot and MK and I think my knees and back should hold out for going over to Bomas and exploring AKL since we won't be there all that long.

But I said it with honesty. :confused3 It really did bite my eye, and it really did hurt. :sad:

This is me begging you for forgiveness for laughing at the way in which you told the story of your eye being bitten. :worship:

Maybe that is what Mickey will look like if I accidently run over him..........splat! :scared1:

The good thing is I won't have to worry about having DH take it apart except for when we go to DTD and MK since we can walk or boat to Epcot and MK and I think my knees and back should hold out for going over to Bomas and exploring AKL since we won't be there all that long.

Poor Mickey! :rotfl2:

Would it be easier to take the ECV on the buses to DTD and MK? Don't the buses have lifts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter