UnOfficial March 2012 Trip Planners Tread-DIS Meet 3/8 Info Pg 1

Our trip was originally March 10 - 17 at AKV - Kidani...2 br for 9 of us. DH and I are flying and the other 7 are driving down. When we went to book our flights today, we found we could save well over $100 by coming home Monday instead of Saturday...so we booked a studio at BLT for 3/17 and 3/19. I am so excited...never thought we would ever get to try BLT.

For Miss Olivia... I hope the Dr.s are able to figure out what is going on, and she is feeling better quickly. There is nothing worse than your child being in pain.

D~

Thanks! She is out of the hospital now and doing OK gut wise, but she picked up some sort of respiratory bug while there...if its not one thing its another!!

Our trip was originally March 10 - 17 at AKV - Kidani...2 br for 9 of us. DH and I are flying and the other 7 are driving down. When we went to book our flights today, we found we could save well over $100 by coming home Monday instead of Saturday...so we booked a studio at BLT for 3/17 and 3/19. I am so excited...never thought we would ever get to try BLT.

Congrates on adding 2 more days and snagging a ressie for BLT :banana:

Thanks! She is out of the hospital now and doing OK gut wise, but she picked up some sort of respiratory bug while there...if its not one thing its another!!

Happy to hear Olivia is back home, good wishes for a speedy recovery with the respiratory bug.

Oh no... I sure hope she is feeling better soon. :lovestruc

D~

Added a dining reservation here!

We're having lunch at Hollywood and Vine on Sunday, March 4th, at 1:15pm!

Jake and the Neverland Pirates have been added to the Play N Dine character meal and my youngest LOVES them, so we made lunch reservations yesterday. :banana:

Added a dining reservation here!

We're having lunch at Hollywood and Vine on Sunday, March 4th, at 1:15pm!

Jake and the Neverland Pirates have been added to the Play N Dine character meal and my youngest LOVES them, so we made lunch reservations yesterday. :banana:

Updated the dining list to show your new ADR at Hollywood & Vine, it sounds as if your youngest is going to be delighted :thumbsup2

I added and ADR yesterday for our DHS day also. I had been planning on just stopping at Starring Rolls for a bite before or rather early dinner F! Pkg at HBD but after reading how if it is busy of the long lines and lack of seating there I decided to make an ADR at Sci Fi to grab a lil lunch. This meal was going to be OOP and Sci Fi seems to be more reasonable than the other TS places in DHS.

DH and I both do not care for CS due to having to stand in line to get our food and then hunt down a table so we can sit to eat. I think Sci -Fi will just be a better option for us on our DHS day.

Anyone have any expierence with Starring Rolls? good? bad?

I added and ADR yesterday for our DHS day also. I had been planning on just stopping at Starring Rolls for a bite before or rather early dinner F! Pkg at HBD but after reading how if it is busy of the long lines and lack of seating there I decided to make an ADR at Sci Fi to grab a lil lunch. This meal was going to be OOP and Sci Fi seems to be more reasonable than the other TS places in DHS.

DH and I both do not care for CS due to having to stand in line to get our food and then hunt down a table so we can sit to eat. I think Sci -Fi will just be a better option for us on our DHS day.

Anyone have any expierence with Starring Rolls? good? bad?

I have never been to Starring Rolls ... but it's a mission on my March trip (well, it was a mission on my May trip, but "later" never came). When I walked by, it didn't appear to be busy ... but it could have been the time-frame (it was nearing the parade), and it could have been my half-blind eyes not seeing it correctly.

However, I love Sci Fi!!! :cloud9: I love the experience and the food! Yum!

But if you're going for a bite of lunch at Starring Rolls, maybe go right when they start serving their sandwiches? (They do serve sandwiches, right? :confused3) I know that even the busiest places are usually more tolerable during non-peak hours, and everything recommends visiting before the lunch rush hits. :thumbsup2

I just want a cupcake. A yummy cupcake. The calories and fat don't count at WDW. :banana::banana::banana:

I have never been to Starring Rolls ... but it's a mission on my March trip (well, it was a mission on my May trip, but "later" never came). When I walked by, it didn't appear to be busy ... but it could have been the time-frame (it was nearing the parade), and it could have been my half-blind eyes not seeing it correctly.

However, I love Sci Fi!!! :cloud9: I love the experience and the food! Yum!

But if you're going for a bite of lunch at Starring Rolls, maybe go right when they start serving their sandwiches? (They do serve sandwiches, right? :confused3) I know that even the busiest places are usually more tolerable during non-peak hours, and everything recommends visiting before the lunch rush hits. :thumbsup2

I just want a cupcake. A yummy cupcake. The calories and fat don't count at WDW. :banana::banana::banana:

Yes ham and turkey sandwiches but Sci Fi has rubens which are a favorite of DH and me so I figure since we are paying OOP for that meal we could split an app and a sandwich, I have to eat something since I am diabetic and need to take my insulin. I agree those cupcakes at Starring Rolls look fantastic but all I can have is one bite :sad2:

I want to try out the sushi at Starring Rolls so badly....but alas it is not a "fun" restaurant for the kids. :sad2: They always want to do Pizza Planet...:scared1: the lines and chaos are horrid! Maybe I should pick up a little something from Starring Rolls to take to Pizza Planet. :thumbsup2

Yes ham and turkey sandwiches but Sci Fi has rubens which are a favorite of DH and me so I figure since we are paying OOP for that meal we could split an app and a sandwich, I have to eat something since I am diabetic and need to take my insulin. I agree those cupcakes at Starring Rolls look fantastic but all I can have is one bite :sad2:

I love Reubens! (I went with the Steak Salad... my mouth is watering thinking about it)

We can split a cupcake... I'm sure they are too rich for me anyway, but I want to try one. :lmao:

For anyone who is excited about the new FantasyLand Expansion -

New video (11/13/11 )showing FantasyLand Expansion work.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JeffLangeDVD#p/u/2/ywg5uTCFa3Q

Enchanted Grove is now Cheshire Cafe (11/13/11 )

http://www.youtube.com/user/JeffLangeDVD#p/u/1/ftwlXbzwrGY

Thanks for the videos! :cloud9:

I want to try out the sushi at Starring Rolls so badly....but alas it is not a "fun" restaurant for the kids. :sad2: They always want to do Pizza Planet...:scared1: the lines and chaos are horrid! Maybe I should pick up a little something from Starring Rolls to take to Pizza Planet. :thumbsup2

Sushi at Starring Rolls? :eek: This I have to look up! :yay:

So do you think Dumbo will be back open by our trips in March? I'm crossing my fingers pretty hard!

So do you think Dumbo will be back open by our trips in March? I'm crossing my fingers pretty hard!

I am hopeing so also, it seems that they are moving right along with their projection of having part of the expansion done for early 2012. :goodvibes

The refurb schedule says that Dumbo is only closed until 2/17 ... so it should be. :confused3

Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Closed For Refurbishment [ Monday, January 09 - Friday, February 17 ]

It should be the Double Dumbo, too ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter