Unofficial Guide - Free Resort Maps - Your Opinion, Please

lentesta

DIS Veteran
Hey folks,

We're getting ready to add free resort maps to our online trip planner, and I'd like your opinions on the maps we've done for our medium-size pages. Please take a look at the drafts here and let me know what you think.

Thanks very much,

Len Testa

The maps will be a great addition, len - I like to have my maps of the resorts along when we resort-hop or stop for a meal- it will be convenient to print out smaller versions if I can do that - these look good!:smooth:

Hi -

I think the maps look great, but I have one suggestion if you don't mind:D

On the maps of AKL where you list "savannah" on the location map it would be helpful if you list the actual name of which savannah. ie Arusha, Uzima or Sunset. I was on the phone booking my reservations and that would of been helpful at the time as it was prior to my reading much on these boards.

Love your book...hope this suggestion doesn't offend and this was the proper place to suggest it. ::MickeyMo

Patty

I think they are great as well. What is amazing to me is that you guys at the Unofficial Guide could just sit back and count the bucks :p as you already have such a loyal following. Instead you are constantly raising the bar; really providing the number one source for WDW travel information anywhere!! If I ever again decide to vacation anywhere besides WDW I know it will be somewhere the UG has written about.

Thank You and kudos to the unofficial guide!

Look great! Welcome the addition of these maps!

Thanks Len...these are a great idea. I feel I can only comment on CBR map as thats the map i've seen most often. Is it possible to add more detail - the numbers of buildings? As this would be very helpful.:wave2:

I think the maps look great! Since I usually stay at BCV, I have a couple of suggestions on the Yacht and Beach Club map. I thought it might be nice to put the name of Stormalong Bay on the map as I noticed on some of the other maps you have named the pool areas. Also I didn't see the villas quiet pool.

Thanks!

Donna

Thanks very much, folks!

Adding detail to the maps isn't a problem - it's my feeble knowledge of Photoshop that's usually the barrier. :) But I've been getting lots of practice lately, so we should be able to get it done.

Oh, and I'm going to rotate some of the two-page images so the holes line up on the left. Don't know what I was thinking on that.

Thanks again!

Len

I found these maps to be very easy to see and read. I think they are very good.

If I could suggest marking bus stops and pools on the maps that don't currently have them. This would be a big bennefit when requesting buildings/rooms. Otherwise, they are excellent.

Thank you.

I like them! I especially appreciate how all of the important information is compacted onto one page. When we plan our trips, I am always making my own sheet of telephone and address information for friends/family who may be child/house sitting. This would be very convenient to print out in a jiffy and have ready to go....for ourselves and others.

These look very useful to me. I know my searches in previous trips involved lots of various websites and pamplets to get the material you're presenting in these maps.

A suggestion is that you clearly mark the bus stop locations for each resort as well as approximate travel times to the themeparks.

-indigo
:earsboy:

Hi Len, these look great. I would agree with the other poster that it might be helpful if bus stops/boat launches were labeled for all resorts (seemed like it was for some, but not others). They are very easy to read and will be helpful for planning and for getting around once at WDW.

Look good to me and would be very helpful to us planner's::yes:: :wave2:

The maps are great! I agree with marking transportation (buses, boats) stops.

They look great! I second the labelling of quiet pools. I really like how the parking lots are shaded, and the detail of the walking paths. Thanks!

One other thing I noticed (and this is REALLY picky) but is the compass notation correct on all the maps? The one I noticed is the Contemporary because it makes it look like the North and South wings should be West and East.

Is it possible to show the range of room numbers in each building? For instance, if you are at CSR in Casitas, you could look at the map and see that one building contains rooms 1001-1499 on the first floor, rooms 2001-2499 on the second floor.
I think the front desk at each resort has such information. I thought it might be helpful with room requests when booking a resort.:earsboy:

:D Looks good to me!!! I just reserved my copy a couple of hours ago at B Dalton Bookstores--she told me it should be there Aug 29th. Can't wait to read it!!!:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter