unofficial dvds-anyone buy them?

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Hobbes, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Hobbes

Hobbes DIS Veteran

Just saw the banner for Celebrate the mouse's DVDs-clicked on it-just out of curiosity,as you do- and had some sort of blackout...30 seconds later theres a screen up saying "Thank you for your order , that will be $63!" I appear to have bought a poop-load of DVDs....:scared1: Has anyone ever bought any of these and are they any good? In my defence I appear to have ordered about 20 dvds and the conversion is about £43 so even if they are cr-er-rubbish, I am only slightly poorer but wiser! I'm hoping that DIS wouldn't carry the ads if they were rip-off merchants!;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. T16GEM

T16GEM <font color=blue>I must have a funnel cake when I'

Did you put in payment details then? I wouldn't have thought that they are ordered unless you did that?

4. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

Never seen them before, my pop up blocker was stopping me seeing their ad, just had a look, no idea what you have bought, WDW 16 DVD set is saying $14 or Disneyland 20 DVD set $69.95. Cant see anything for $63:confused3

5. Hobbes

Hobbes DIS Veteran

It was some sort of special offer-buy the $14 set and if you add everything else the postage is free-might not have been $63 but it was thereabouts! I often go on Youtube and another site just to watch the rides and Fantasmic-sad I know! so if the DVDs are like those I'll be happy-some of the dark rides are , well, dark! but it gets me in the mood;)

I just remember the saying "If something sounds to good to be true, its because it usually is"

6. UKDEB

UKDEB <font color=CC33FF>Found the Tag Fairy's hangout<b Moderator

My thoughts entirely.

7. Cyrano

Cyrano Moderator Moderator

I think the OP posted tongue n cheek, since they would have had to register their details as well as credit card for payment :)
    They are hoping that others can let them know about the dvd's :goodvibes

8. wickesy

wickesy <font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y

I've got the entire set, plus the 'Walking The World' set :blush: They are OK as long as you bear in mind that it is basically just somebody holding a camcorder on the rides and they are in no way professionally produced. A bit like YouTube on your TV I suppose. Their delivery times seem to have gone downhill as well from what I've read so don't expect them to come for a good few weeks.

Great for a fix until you can get back to Florida but no substitute for the real thing.

9. Ware Bears

Ware Bears Bring me that horizon Moderator

I got these a few years ago, I think they cost around £10 - £15 but of course the exchange rate was so much better then. Like David said, they aren't professional videos but it's a good way of getting your Disney fix inbetween trips without having to spend your whole holiday filming everything yourself.

10. Hobbes

Hobbes DIS Veteran

Oh great thanks guys-I don't mind the quality being iffy, just as long as they do come! Its amazing what you'll do for your Disney fix-me and DBf are getting sick of my official DVDs!