Unmagical wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why???

The OP hasn't broken any DIS rules. However, those calling her names (troll) are breaking DIS rules.

Anyone who doesn't want to read her posts can put her on ignore. That way those of us that want to read her posts can continue to do so.

I wasn't aware pointing out a troll was against Dis rules. I don't think people such as yourself should put Disney on the "short list" after reading one bad review especially from someone who is obviously not a real bride. That is what everyone is trying to point out.

B/C it sounds to me like they are trying to start a law suit and like others said get more people involved against Disney. If you look this poster only has three posts meaning she came on DISboards just to DIS disney weddings before taking it up with Disney and resolving her issues then tell everyone What happened and how it was handled if this is real.

I don't think it is right to come on the DIS boards and start stuff we are all family here and support each other, but not if your going to DIS disney weddings and not tell us details and how they handled it after you took the problem up with the right disney authorities.

Post count doesn't mean a thing.

The OP may be an old timer.
It's common for DISers to create a new user name when they are about to post something that may cause others to flame them.

Based on the responses here I can see why she may have created a new user name.

I wasn't aware pointing out a troll was against Dis rules. I don't think people such as yourself should put Disney on the "short list" after reading one bad review especially from someone who is obviously not a real bride. That is what everyone is trying to point out.

Disney is on our short list because it's one of the few places we both agree on. As a matter of fact it is number 2 on the list. The typical NYC wedding is number one.

Post count doesn't mean a thing.

The OP may be an old timer.
It's common for DISers to create a new user name when they are about to post something that may cause others to flame them.

Based on the responses here I can see why she may have created a new user name.

Well no one is "flaming" them previous Posts just said that they need to give more info, and also talk to disney before they post bad things on the DIS boards. Then after they talk to disney they can post their experiences and then what Disney did to fix it. Not say hey email or call me so we can talk about detail:confused3:confused3

Yes, everyone has their own opinion and that is what the DISboards is about to tell your experiences for other to learn off of. BUT the way the post starts is not others start when you are trying to inform others about your experience. By their name also maybe shows you that they might be on here to start something?:confused3

I'm confused. The OP was a Disney bride who had posted here in the past? does anyone know who she may be? Or is she a scammer? I searched her e-mail and agree this all sounds fishy. She couldn't even list where her reception was and what hotel they were at. I don't think it would get her in trouble by doing that. Maybe if she gave more specifics in regards to locations or food I wouldn't be so suspicious.

I'm confused. The OP was a Disney bride who had posted here in the past? does anyone know who she may be? Or is she a scammer? I searched her e-mail and agree this all sounds fishy. She couldn't even list where her reception was and what hotel they were at. I don't think it would get her in trouble by doing that. Maybe if she gave more specifics in regards to locations or food I wouldn't be so suspicious.

Don't know that for a fact if she was a DISbride or not.

Seems to me to be fishy because of the Non-details and the "private" details she wants people to PM or call her? WEIRD? :confused3

Wow..you need to post some details..Such a sweeping blanket statement obviously doesn't make much sense.
yes more details would be better, but if not we could probably do our own research....just a thought
Interesting!
:confused3
Thank you Curiouser. I also just searched the email address listed "springwater125@yahoo.com" and the OP does appear to be involved in several lawsuits (with a health insurance company and several roofing companies to name a few).

While I would agree that DFTW definitely has their moments and can make mistakes it makes it difficult to step up and support you, the OP, given your apparent litigious nature. OP, if you are reading - is this your email address and are you involved in these lawsuits? If the answer is "yes" then it may be wise to step back a bit and really analyze what happened at your wedding - "Were the mistakes made by DFTW as egregious as you are remembering them?". If the answer is "yes" then I really feel badly for you because you've had a major stream of bad luck. Best wishes in resolving all of your concerns.
:eek:I didnt even know you could search someones email address to find out information about them:confused3

anyway I hope this is not true...I wont name call...but if it is yes it does take away some of the pixie dust...here's to you OP wheather it was a lie or a real disaster...I WISH YOU THE BEST

What is a troll? It has been mentioned many times..

I asked the same thing to DF(even though I could kind of tell already what it was). He said that this happens all the time on the video game message boards he reads because most of the people are immature 13 year old boys.

Sometimes people just like to post horrible lies to either stir up trouble or to get people to go for a competitor or whatever reason. That is what a troll is.

Sometimes, as someone mentioned earlier, maybe she created a new name for a "flame-shield" because she knew that what she was going to say was going to get everybody to begin attacking or "flaming" her, even though what she was saying was true.

So this is a troll being flammed. (maybe). :rotfl::rotfl: DF thought it was hilarious that these boards have the same issues.

yes more details would be better, but if not we could probably do our own research....just a thought

:confused3

:eek:I didnt even know you could search someones email address to find out information about them:confused3

anyway I hope this is not true...I wont name call...but if it is yes it does take away some of the pixie dust...here's to you OP wheather it was a lie or a real disaster...I WISH YOU THE BEST

I just wanted to say that I'm not sure what's really going on here, but these are the only message boards I've ever been on, and I had no idea people commonly go on boards and rile things up. Plus, we talk about message boards and blogs in my graduate class all the time, and I find it interesting that people would use this to stir up posters and potentially fish for others for a class action suit.

That's all I meant when I said "interesting," and I definitely hope that if the OP was genuine, they get everything taken care of.

I just wanted to say that I'm not sure what's really going on here, but these are the only message boards I've ever been on, and I had no idea people commonly go on boards and rile things up. Plus, we talk about message boards and blogs in my graduate class all the time, and I find it interesting that people would use this to stir up posters and potentially fish for others for a class action suit.

That's all I meant when I said "interesting," and I definitely hope that if the OP was genuine, they get everything taken care of.

Really? I've seen sections of message boards shut down for a short time or for good because of trolls(not Disney related).

I know on the DVC subsection, we have had people booted off by the mods, then they would get a new screen name and start stirring the post again. The one you could always tell it was him because he'd be ranting on the same few subjects over and over again.

Really? I've seen sections of message boards shut down for a short time or for good because of trolls(not Disney related).

I know on the DVC subsection, we have had people booted off by the mods, then they would get a new screen name and start stirring the post again. The one you could always tell it was him because he'd be ranting on the same few subjects over and over again.

I had no idea! The Dis Weddings forum is definitely the only one I've ever been on before. I guess people have a lot of time on their hands? I'm too busy planning a wedding! :rotfl:

This thread is going no where fast, so I am going to lock it. The OP is welcome to post a Trip Report if/when he/she is ready to share the details of their day publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter