• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unlimited Soda?

Jimsta1

Earning My Ears
When we first cruised with DCL in 2001, in order to get unlimited soft drinks, we had to purchase an insulated mug and carry it around all day when we wanted a soda. Very inconvienient. Other cruise lines allow you to buy a card for the unlimited sodas. We are planing a trip on the Wonder in December and were "wondering" how the unlimited soda situation was handled now.

There is a drink station on deck 9 open 24 hours. This is included in the cost of your cruise.

Soda at meals (including on Castaway Cay) is also included.

If you order soda from a bar or room service, you will be charged.

Welcome to the Dis! A free soda station is on deck 9 aft. All the soda you want, 24 hrs a day. You still have to buy it at the bars or room service though.

The soda on deck 9 is very convenient, but if you can't wait, you can buy them at any bar or the theaters.

They also have free punch, lemonade, coffee, tea, and milk at the beverage station.

I appreciate the answers so far. My main questions, is there still an option to buy a mug or a card so you can get drinks at the bars or snack bars between meals?

Jimsta1 said:
I appreciate the answers so far. My main questions, is there still an option to buy a mug or a card so you can get drinks at the bars or snack bars between meals?

First off welcome to the DIS and the DCL forums.

No, when they added free pop to the drink station they got rid of the mugs and the cards.

You can go to to the drink station any time. We bought nice larger insulated containers with straps so we could load up and sling it over our shoulder. The cups are rather small and the covers were blowing off and all around the ship.

I was so happy when DCL went to free unlimited soda. I didn't want to carry around another mug or card like you have to in the parks. Way to go DCL! :cool1: Now if DCL would just provide the sodas in bigger cups it would be a bit nicer.

Good news! We were just on the Wonder's 3-night cruise (July 20-23) and the cups are bigger now! :cool1: They are about 16-oz size and our family of four found them to be perfect. Even our Coke-guzzling DS-22 said they were the right size, otherwise the ice would melt and the drink would be watery before finishing. He sailed on the Wonder two years ago and made sure we all packed larger cups to use this trip, but we never needed them.

Jimsta1 - the drink station is on Deck 9, close to the bar and snack bars, so there would be no need to have a pre-paid mug or card. Just grab a cup, fill up your favorite beverage, snap on a lid, throw in a straw, and be on your way! :)

Our strategy was to get our drinks before getting snacks. That way, the french fries and hamburgers (or pizza) were always nice and hot when we sat down to eat.

Here is a photo of the drink station....you can still purchase insulated mugs at $3.00 each...but you don't need them to take advantage of the unlimited soda...they are just souvenirs. There are 3 or 4 of these "machines" in the immediate area so never a line to get soda.

sodamachine.jpg

x
x

Thank GOD for Coke Products!! Sorry, Pepsi Lovers!! We're going to use our cups that we have bought from the WD Resorts in the past. :banana: Also, my DH :santa: will be our "waiter" for the drinks!! Thanks, HONEY! :woohoo:

jotop said:
Thank GOD for Coke Products!! Sorry, Pepsi Lovers!! We're going to use our cups that we have bought from the WD Resorts in the past. :banana: Also, my DH :santa: will be our "waiter" for the drinks!! Thanks, HONEY! :woohoo:

Don't forget to tip him!

Tip "him"? I'm letting him go on this cruise with me and my DD5 princess:that's enough! Just kidding :rotfl2: !!!! Yes, I will!!! He's even giving me a manicure and a pedicure on the cruise :cloud9: Come to think of it...he's my :love1:!!!

I asked my son on camera last year what he thought of the free soda station, this is his answer on tape....

It gives your bum a lot of energy and makes you fart a lot!!!!!

Hopfully you will enjoy his remark, Maybe there is a downside to free soda!!!!

hello??? does anyone know what kind of juices they have for little kids???? like apple juice?? And do we have to pay for it?????

hello??? does anyone know what kind of juices they have for little kids???? like apple juice?? And do we have to pay for it?????

I only recall Hi-C at the drink station, but the buffet had juice in the mornings for breakfast and you could get it at dinner (free). Also had milk (incl. chocolate milk, which my DD4 learned quickly about.)

Probably had juice at lunch at Topsider's as well, but we only ate there one day.

You can order juice from room service as well. (We did for breakfast and I assume they'd have it at other times too) No charge except for tip.

looks like i have to go out and buy apple juice that are easy to pack and pack them. my daughter only like apple juice and cranberry juice that's it.. so it would be hard! good i asked!!! phew!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter