Unlimited Fastpass?

Citation? Because Universal could have easily proved prior art according to this and therefore had Disney's patents (NOT copyrights) invalidated. And it definitely is not in the mindset of a corporation to share something like that, ESPECIALLY to their competition.

Wasn't Fastpass first introduced at DL in 1999? That would mean it would have been in development prior to then.

Sorry, I don't have any citation for it. When I was doing my employee orientation at Universal we talked about the Express Passes and I got to talking to the trainers and their sups about the systems. Because I had been a big fan of the UO system back in the day. Also, talking to other friends who worked there during the time and implimentation. From what I understand it was being developed before then, but I don't remember asking the question on roll out date at Universal and I don't remember them saying one way or the other. I do know that it has kind of turned into a dirty secret that not many people know about... you have to find people who were there during that time (and they are fewer and further between than Disney cast members).

I am not trying to defend their decision to make it an open source system, actually I think it was rather ignorant on their part. Like I said before, I know and can see the flaws in both parks. UO has a tendency to just fail at things and let more things slip through the cracks. One of my best friends is now "the guy" working to make sure more and more things don't fall through the cracks. UO is bad at not following through on their systems/ stuff like trying to prove things. It was also easier to just implement the "pay as you go" Express Pass and honestly that is much more in-line with their corporate policy/ goal statement.

If you care I will try to do some more research and ask around to more of my friends who were/ and still are in the park and see what I can find. Also, if I am totally wrong I will admit depending on what I might be able to find out.

How in the world did a question about fastpasses get turned into a debate about hotels? Sheesh.

OP - I think it was only Disneyland that did the enhanced fastpass thing, but its been discontinued.

Oh how nice it would be to have it at WDW though =)

Have you priced value vs. comparable resorts? :lmao:

Have you compared the features? :lmao:

You are just as "overpaying" at the Values for what you get as you are at the Mods/Deluxes.

Seriously I compared the Fairfield Inn Lake Buena Vista to the "Values" at Disney. Over the course of a week the savings were in the $400 range to stay at the Fairfield and of course you get more "features" there. (Free breakfast, Free fridge, no charge king size beds, interior corridors, in room coffee pot, etc....)

The pools at the Values far outclass about every comparably priced hotel in Orlando I've seen. Add in EMH, transportation (you don't need a car at all) and they are a great value.

That said, for YOU the on site features are worth paying for. But don't assume that "Value" guests aren't overpaying for the "quality" etc.

I think that the assumption that 'only deluxe or moderate' are paying more then the Fair Market Value and should get "Freebies" is in error. Everyone giving Disney money could find a comparable (or better) quality room offsite for less money.

Would it have DME? No
Would it have EMH? No

Is that worth the preimum? That's a personal decison. My decision has pretty much been no. (Especially since I can get a "real deluxe" with EMH for about the same price as a Disney moderate!:lmao: Just booked Dolphin for $20 a night more then the "Moderate" special Disney was running for the same week. Yes, I won't get DME, but I get a bigger room, a MUCH nicer bed, a great location etc....)

I suppose that is why people who do choose to stay on property, stay there and not one of the "higher quality outside hotels". Not really sure what the Fair Market Value of the transportation to and from the parks each day and the EMH's is. Those who stay there must be taking these benefits into consideration and agreeing that it is worth it, or they wouldn't be choosing to stay there. If all of these perks are available at Dolphin at a moderate rate, then that is great. Also great if people are getting great AK rates like $100 night. I can only speculate that those rates aren't always available. Isn't Dolphin treated like a disney property in regards to the inside bussing to parks? And for the EMH's? If so, wouldn't that kind of classify as a Deluxe for what we are talking about here? So I suppose if I stay at the Dolphin, I'm also paying for the on site features, location being another one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter