• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unleash the Villains

tlenzendorf

Always Dreaming of Disney!
Working REALLY hard on making a short trip to WDW work for DBF and I in September, most specifically for this event. Other than the dance party, what do you you think the other "mischief" might be?

Working REALLY hard on making a short trip to WDW work for DBF and I in September, most specifically for this event. Other than the dance party, what do you you think the other "mischief" might be?

This is the only event that has been announced for LTM in September and, based on what we've seen so far, I wouldn't be surprised if this dance party is all there'll be.

This was from the press release. It looks like there should be more than just a dance party.

"Unleash the Villains: A Friday the 13th in 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland and Disney Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th Hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Capt. Hook, Jafar and other Disney villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and nighttime mischief on Sept. 13.

This was from the press release. It looks like there should be more than just a dance party.

"Unleash the Villains: A Friday the 13th in 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland and Disney Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th Hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Capt. Hook, Jafar and other Disney villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and nighttime mischief on Sept. 13.

I expect we won't know until a few days before the event, if at all. The phrase "nighttime mischief" is just vague enough (and except for Long Lost Friends the LTM events so far just underwhelming enough) for any real planning to occur around.

tlenzendorf said:

It almost makes me want to go. But the others have been so.... Well. Lame so far.

I expect we won't know until a few days before the event, if at all. The phrase "nighttime mischief" is just vague enough (and except for Long Lost Friends the LTM events so far just underwhelming enough) for any real planning to occur around.

Hmm, that is true. And a bummer if it's how it actually ends up.

It almost makes me want to go. But the others have been so.... Well. Lame so far.

I will use ANY excuse for another trip ;) It's better than being at work!

Hmm, that is true. And a bummer if it's how it actually ends up.

I will use ANY excuse for another trip ;) It's better than being at work!

I'll admit to the dance party being somewhat appealing, but what little info I've read is that it'll probably include the same villain characters that appear at MNSSHP. Because of that, we'll probably end up skipping it.

I did a day-trip down there yesterday with a 5-hour round-trip drive just to see a dozen or so characters (for LTM Long Lost Friends) we'd never seen before. So I totally understand making a trip to see them! :goodvibes

How does this Unleash the Villains at DHS going to affect MNSSHP?
Will they move the Halloween party to a different night? Anyone want to venture a guess?

Robin K said:
How does this Unleash the Villains at DHS going to affect MNSSHP?
Will they move the Halloween party to a different night? Anyone want to venture a guess?

I expect it will not affect MNSSHP at all--that's my guess.

If they make it into some kind of ridiculous "Hyper space hoopla" show, I'll DIE!!!! Darth Vader, and dancing storm troopers just aren't right, I can't stomach the thought of my girls doing something like that.......Let's pray to the dark forces they get the respect they deserve *evil grin*

:hourglass

Based on what I infer from the announcement, this event will be VERY similar to the Villains' After-Party for the ToT 10-Miler. Basically, the rides will be open late, there will be a Disney Villains dance party (probably like the one at MNSSHP but a bit lamer), and character greetings with the Disney Villains.

I'm just warning you that, if you go with any higher expectations, prepare to be under-welmed. Sorry to be harsh but that seems like the cold, dark truth (a bit of a pun there to lighten up the mood)...;)

We are making a special trip just for this. We were going to go later in the year but changed the dates to be there for this, so I am hoping it will be fun! I am worried that there wont be much for character meet & greets - never been to a dance party but from what I have read the characters just kind of mingle and dont pose for pictures? I would be pretty bummed if we went down for that and I didn't get my picture with Maleficent... I also wonder if HS will be INSANE that night... like, even if they do pose for pics, will I be lucky to even get one? Really wanting to get excited, but... :confused3

We are making a special trip just for this. We were going to go later in the year but changed the dates to be there for this, so I am hoping it will be fun! I am worried that there wont be much for character meet & greets - never been to a dance party but from what I have read the characters just kind of mingle and dont pose for pictures? I would be pretty bummed if we went down for that and I didn't get my picture with Maleficent... I also wonder if HS will be INSANE that night... like, even if they do pose for pics, will I be lucky to even get one? Really wanting to get excited, but... :confused3

I haven't done many dance parties, but in my limited experience they don't pose, they just keep on dancing. I expect it will be very, very busy but that is only a guess.

I haven't done many dance parties, but in my limited experience they don't pose, they just keep on dancing. I expect it will be very, very busy but that is only a guess.

This is my fear :worried: it also seems to me when things get busy people get pushy and I'm just worried I won't enjoy it.... Boy I am being a negative Nancy! Shame on me! :blush: I wonder if maybe I should try to get to a MNSSHP and make sure I see Maleficent there first... This will be our last night at Disney and I want to make sure its awesome!

This is my fear :worried: it also seems to me when things get busy people get pushy and I'm just worried I won't enjoy it.... Boy I am being a negative Nancy! Shame on me! :blush: I wonder if maybe I should try to get to a MNSSHP and make sure I see Maleficent there first... This will be our last night at Disney and I want to make sure its awesome!

Maleficent will pose with you at MNSSHP (assuming she's there again this year), but won't sign autographs. She's out after every Villains Mix & Mingle, but not for long at all and she is probably the most popular villain there. Definitely doable if you know what you're doing. Still, she is one of our favorite meets of all time. I wish you luck! :goodvibes

This is just speculation, but I am guessing it might be something like the TOT 10 mile after party race. It was a kind of villain themed after party (Villain's Bash I believe is what it was called) at DHS. All that happened was that about 6 villains were out meet and greeting. I think Darth Vader was the best one. There was no one super rare besides him.

That'd be awesome if Darth Vader was there.

I was planning on being there already anyway on that day before I found out about this event. I'm a little worried about the crowds, as I meticulously planned my schedule around avoiding them, but there's no way I'd switch even if I didn't have lunch ADR's. The only problem is I scheduled an 8p ADR thinking that would be the last thing. I'm still okay with the time unless that's when the party starts.

Anyway, I'm going crazy waiting for more concrete information. I adjusted my outfit for the day accordingly (inspired by Captain Hook now), but don't like knowing what I'm in for. Before buying tickets for MHP at Disneyland, I did so much research on what it entails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter