Unleash the Villains-Limited Time Magic

GottaGetToDisney!

Deeeee-troit Basketball!!!!
So, the lure of Free Dining & a great price on airfare was too much for me to resist and we will be in WDW September 7-14! :cool1:

I'm thinking of taking the kids to DHS on Friday, September 13th for the Unleash the Villains LTM celebration, but I can't find much info on this. Does anyone know if the party will be an all-day event? I'm just wondering if we decide to go back to our hotel after lunch for our traditional "sleep during the day so we can party all night" nap, will we run the risk of the park being at capacity due to overwhelming interest & miss out? What say you all? :goodvibes

Thanks!
Gotta Get To Disney! :moped:

I just found this on mousesavers

•Unleash the Villains: A Friday the 13th in 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland and Disney Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th Hour (1:00 am). Maleficent, Capt. Hook, Jafar and other Disney villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and nighttime mischief on September 13.

I am glad you posted this topic. I hadn't heard about this, but we are already scheduled to be there that week. We may just have to check it out.

I am so jealous! I want to go, but there is no way I can take the kids out of school twice in a semester (we are going in November.)

And if I go by myself, there will be a mutiny.

Have fun!

Wow I hope you have fun! We are going a week to late:headache: I really wanted to do this, but just did not work well into our plans. Have a wonderful time!

What do you guys think the chances are they'll do this again for the Friday the 13th in December? Or something like it?

What do you guys think the chances are they'll do this again for the Friday the 13th in December? Or something like it?

Small at best. The September event was announced from the get-go, not a peep about December.

I can't guarantee that the park won't reach capacity, but September is a historically low month. Since its a Friday night you will get more local crowds but I don't think it would close due to capacity. I plan to be there. We get in that day so maybe it's just my hopeful thinking that it won't be busy

With MNSSHP also that night, I'm hoping the crowds will be more manageable.

We're still debating on which party to go to.

2manypets said:
With MNSSHP also that night, I'm hoping the crowds will be more manageable.

We're still debating on which party to go to.

I didn't even think about that. I wonder if there will be any new villains that night from recent movies?

I didn't even think about that. I wonder if there will be any new villains that night from recent movies?

Unlikely, the most recent villain is Lotso I believe. I've not seen any newer villains than him anywhere, and they don't typically debut at a party.

Hoping that it's not too busy - although we will be there all day - I'm thinking that it may be a night time event, so hopefully won't get busy until later.

I am so excited for Unleash the Villains! :cool1:
My family gifted a trip for my birthday specifically around this event because Maleficent is my favorite baddie and I collect anything I can find with her on it. I've been scouring the web since December to see if there's any additional info about it but Limited Time Magic seems to be announced 1-3 ahead of time. Drat! We're going Sept. 9-16 so we can go to MNNSHP on Sept. 10 and have a completely clear day (no ADRs, etc) on the 13th in case it's an all-day event with various activities. Sooo excited!!!
We're even thinking of decorating our window in a Halloween/villains theme when we get there! :maleficen

I am so excited for Unleash the Villains! :cool1:
My family gifted a trip for my birthday specifically around this event because Maleficent is my favorite baddie and I collect anything I can find with her on it. I've been scouring the web since December to see if there's any additional info about it but Limited Time Magic seems to be announced 1-3 ahead of time. Drat! We're going Sept. 9-16 so we can go to MNNSHP on Sept. 10 and have a completely clear day (no ADRs, etc) on the 13th in case it's an all-day event with various activities. Sooo excited!!!
We're even thinking of decorating our window in a Halloween/villains theme when we get there! :maleficen

Same here! My mission last trip was finding Maleficent pins!

I am super excited about this. I will be attending the 13 - Reflections of Evil pin trading event at EPCOT during the day, then head to DHS for the party. :cool1:

Soooo jealous of everyone who gets to go to this! It's still my dream to meet Cruella and this would probably be one of the best opportunities to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter