• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universe of Energy with Phineas and Ferb?

I could see how the ride could work with P+F, they would be trying to find a fuel for their newest innvetion and ferb would break out into a monologe about energy, the theater seats could be remade into the time machine from the show.

We would be transported to the time of dinos as P+F continue narrating about energy, by the time we return to theater Phineas and Ferb had wondred off and now Doofensmirtz plans to annilate the audience with an inator ray we are saved by Perry the Platapus who turns back to mindless pet mode before P+F come back to finish the show.

And as you exit you hear Candance shout "Mom! Mom! Phineas and Ferb are hosting a Epcot Palavilon!!" and their Mom would say "Sure they did honey." :laughing:

Phineas and Ferb would defiently make the ride more intresting (I have nothing agaisnt Ellen) and make the show more fun for the younger kids.

It is not what Epcot is supposed to be about.

It is not what Epcot is supposed to be about.

Let's face it- those days are over.

At this point, as much as I am an "old school" Epcot fan, I'm for anything that will get money and attention to Epcot so that all the original pavilions just don't get unloved, broken, and then abandoned, only to be torn down for completely new attractions or just closed off. I have a nightmare of Epcot becoming a big ghost park of unloved attractions, which would destroy me.

At least there's still *some* spirit of Epcot in an UoE refurb.

Let's face it- those days are over.

At this point, as much as I am an "old school" Epcot fan, I'm for anything that will get money and attention to Epcot so that all the original pavilions just don't get unloved, broken, and then abandoned, only to be torn down for completely new attractions or just closed off. I have a nightmare of Epcot becoming a big ghost park of unloved attractions, which would destroy me.

At least there's still *some* spirit of Epcot in an UoE refurb.

Not if P&P are added imo.

IMO, is matters not who presents it or how - it is the subject matter that makes it relevant.

Who presents and how determine if it is good.

Why can't it be original? Everthing Disney does these days has to be tied in with a character and that just isn't very creative.

Why can't it be original? Everthing Disney does these days has to be tied in with a character and that just isn't very creative.

I did not say it couldn't be original. Not mentioned anywhere in my post.

But if P+F can be integrated into an attraction, that is still relevant AND done in a good way, AND it brings more interest in the attraction by having them, then what is wrong with that? *

Epcot was suffering for a while because guests believed it to really be an adult-oriented park with little to nothing to interest younger children. I both agree and disagree with that - in 2003 we whizzed through it with our 3yo. Over the years Disney has been adding things to draw families to Epcot - some worked at some level (relevant character M&Gs in the countries), some not so much (taking over the entire Living Seas pavilion). By having some hook to draw people in, then interest in the attraction will increase. The attraction does not need to suffer because of it. But that is ALL a matter of opinion.

* And should we call it a "ReFerb" then? :)

I did not say it couldn't be original. Not mentioned anywhere in my post.

But if P+F can be integrated into an attraction, that is still relevant AND done in a good way, AND it brings more interest in the attraction by having them, then what is wrong with that? *

Epcot was suffering for a while because guests believed it to really be an adult-oriented park with little to nothing to interest younger children. I both agree and disagree with that - in 2003 we whizzed through it with our 3yo. Over the years Disney has been adding things to draw families to Epcot - some worked at some level (relevant character M&Gs in the countries), some not so much (taking over the entire Living Seas pavilion). By having some hook to draw people in, then interest in the attraction will increase. The attraction does not need to suffer because of it. But that is ALL a matter of opinion.

* And should we call it a "ReFerb" then? :)

Yes you are decribing the dumbing down of Epcot :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter