• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universe of Energy with Phineas and Ferb?

I don't like Disney constantly using celebrities of "now", that's more like Universal's game. What if something happens with the celebrity, a major scandal or something really bad happens...would they leave the attraction open like that, or be forced to change it?

When UoE was changed in 96 Ellen was the celebrity of now. She had a hit show on ABC and in my opinion she was meant to be ABC's answer to Seinfeld.

Well she did go though a bit of not a scandal but a I don't what to call it but when she came out there was probably a lot of ABC and Disney execs wondering if they needed to change things.

Well her sitcom ended, not sure why, but she stayed in the attraction because, if for whatever reason they wanted to, it would cost a bundle to change it.

So Ellen is there not because of what she is now but what she was then.

I think Phineus and Ferb would be a great addition to UOE. I think the ride is becoming dated. I don't think that the ride needs to be shortened, but make the ride more interactive by using Phineus and Ferb.

I think Phineus and Ferb would be a great addition to UOE. I think the ride is becoming dated. I don't think that the ride needs to be shortened, but make the ride more interactive by using Phineus and Ferb.

No more characters in Epcot they already ruined one pavilion that way!

I'd love it if they went back to the old Energy intro show. The bass was outstanding. And yes redo the final movie and incorporate the Deepwater Horizon in it. As a disaster it'll be around for a while. I don't know what you could do to update energy sources...except maybe to show current commercial solutions in solar and wind followed by ideas about smaller solar solutions rather than big grid ideas (solar powered cars, cellphones, laptops and so forth). Reduction in energy demand is as good as alternate sources.

Add seats in the waiting area. Why insist that people stand when a lot of them came in to sit down in the first place.

PS. The kids need to see this show even if the adults have seen it six million times.

While I agree the ride needs an update, I'd never go on again if they integrated Phineas and Ferb. I can't stand that show.

While I agree the ride needs an update, I'd never go on again if they integrated Phineas and Ferb. I can't stand that show.
Ellen is one of my least favorite people in Hollywood. I still go on the ride. I like the dinosaurs, and lets face it, It's a great way to relax on a scorching hot day! I can overlook her to see the dinosaurs.
It took about 2 trips before my DW could get me on the ride with her name on it. Once I did, as much as I dislike Ellen, I think she does a great job in this show. I think the same would apply to P&F. Disney has a way of making things magical.:thumbsup2

One more thing... Disney is BENT on making Epcot into a child friendly park. (As if it's not... Its my children's favorite park, but thats a whole different debate that has been covered on far too many threads here.)
My point is if it changes characters from Ellen to [anything], you can bet it will be a childrens' show character. Take Kim Possible for instance. Disney waited till KP was old news and no longer very popular to make the communicators in Epcot. The same could happen with Ellen's Universe.

Yet your nick is Figment ;)

AN original character specifically designed for the park, not taking the cheap and easy way out like slapping Nemo where he doesn't fit.

Not sure, but I believe the original statement from Figment may have been referring to the placement of Donald Duck...Three Caballeros all over Mexico...but then again I could be wrong, it's been known to happen :goodvibes

As to the original thread, might be because my dd is older, but I had to google Phineas and Ferb. No clue here, lifts rock up to go back to living under :laughing:

Not sure, but I believe the original statement from Figment may have been referring to the placement of Donald Duck...Three Caballeros all over Mexico...but then again I could be wrong, it's been known to happen :goodvibes

As to the original thread, might be because my dd is older, but I had to google Phineas and Ferb. No clue here, lifts rock up to go back to living under :laughing:

No it was to Nemo in TLS while he fits the seas There is no way Nemo fits in FW.

No it was to Nemo in TLS while he fits the seas There is no way Nemo fits in FW.

Ha! I should not type while in need of coffee. I actually quoted you and what you meant by Nemo in my post. Man, I think I need a vacation sooner than December :)

I assumed Donald duck as well. But while I can "see Nemo" I just can't see the ducks in Mexico. I think it goes back to how partial you were to a ride. I rarely ever rode the clamshells before Nemo, so I didn't notice the change much. However Riu Del Tiempo was one of my favorites. I liked the "mysterious" beginning with the fog and such. Now its one of my least favorites. It looks to me like a ride that was doctored to be more kid friendly, and thats exactly what it is.
just like POTC. I liked the original more in that the characters were classic. The new effects are great, and the addition of Jack and Barbosa (especially the fog wall) are sweet, but the OVERPOPULATION of Captn Jack Sparrows is a bit much!!! Did they really need him in there 3 times plus references???

sorry, :offtopic: I know.

I assumed Donald duck as well. But while I can "see Nemo" I just can't see the ducks in Mexico. I think it goes back to how partial you were to a ride. I rarely ever rode the clamshells before Nemo, so I didn't notice the change much. However Riu Del Tiempo was one of my favorites. I liked the "mysterious" beginning with the fog and such. Now its one of my least favorites. It looks to me like a ride that was doctored to be more kid friendly, and thats exactly what it is.
just like POTC. I liked the original more in that the characters were classic. The new effects are great, and the addition of Jack and Barbosa (especially the fog wall) are sweet, but the OVERPOPULATION of Captn Jack Sparrows is a bit much!!! Did they really need him in there 3 times plus references???

sorry, :offtopic: I know.

I have to agree. I loved the movies, and don't mind the idea of him being included in the ride, but it's a bit overkill. They could take him out at this point and I'd be ok.

Maybe they can get BP to be the new sponsor while they are at it...

There's nothing wrong with Ellen - she's hilarious - the problem with UOE is that it is sooooooooooo long. The whole concept of that attraction needs to be redone to a much faster and concise package.

See the fact that the UOE is so long upsets me b/c they cut out parts of the Adventures of the Little Mermaid and yet they trap you on UOE for an hour.

NO KIDDING! I hate what they did to Mexico. Iused to love that ride and now it is just horrible.

Figment is really not what I would call a character a la the movies but he was created as a part of a ride in which he was the main character. I wish they did not screw up Imagination, I wish they did no screw up Mexico and I wish that Body Wars and Horizon were still around. I hope they do not screw up the American Adventure by putting Mickey in place of Ben Franklin. :rotfl:

IN all honesty all the money they re putting into MK I think it is just going to cheapen it. Disney has for the last 15 years made their money hunger visible. It used to be that when they put their hand in your pocket years ago you did not notice now it is so blatent. The make over to Fantasyland just sounds like more and more character opportunites to make money. I have nothing against that but I just don't want the money grubbing aspect to detract from my experience.

See the fact that the UOE is so long upsets me b/c they cut out parts of the Adventures of the Little Mermaid and yet they trap you on UOE for an hour.
I actually prefer that it's so long. Its just a different way of looking at it. I like that if I'm dead beat (it happens at one point in every trip), and I'm hot and tired, and I've had enough of the crowds and blazing FL sun, there is a 45 minute long refuge. For that moment there is no better place to get a little AC relief than Universe of Energy. I do the same with Living with the Land and the Timone and Pumba show thats right above it. Many people pass both of those up as well, but I usually just do all of them. Just call me lazy, but my vacation isn't all about fast thrills. I like to slow down on vacation. Thats why Epcot is my favorite park, because its the most laid back and relaxing (and it has free sodas!!!:thumbsup2 Love that BEVERLY!!!:banana:)

NO KIDDING! I hate what they did to Mexico. Iused to love that ride and now it is just horrible.

Figment is really not what I would call a character a la the movies but he was created as a part of a ride in which he was the main character. I wish they did not screw up Imagination, I wish they did no screw up Mexico and I wish that Body Wars and Horizon were still around. I hope they do not screw up the American Adventure by putting Mickey in place of Ben Franklin. :rotfl:

IN all honesty all the money they re putting into MK I think it is just going to cheapen it. Disney has for the last 15 years made their money hunger visible. It used to be that when they put their hand in your pocket years ago you did not notice now it is so blatent. The make over to Fantasyland just sounds like more and more character opportunites to make money. I have nothing against that but I just don't want the money grubbing aspect to detract from my experience.

I don't mind Mexico as much because the whole pavilion is not dedicated to those chracters.

I could see how the ride could work with P+F, they would be trying to find a fuel for their newest innvetion and ferb would break out into a monologe about energy, the theater seats could be remade into the time machine from the show.

We would be transported to the time of dinos as P+F continue narrating about energy, by the time we return to theater Phineas and Ferb had wondred off and now Doofensmirtz plans to annilate the audience with an inator ray we are saved by Perry the Platapus who turns back to mindless pet mode before P+F come back to finish the show.

And as you exit you hear Candance shout "Mom! Mom! Phineas and Ferb are hosting a Epcot Palavilon!!" and their Mom would say "Sure they did honey." :laughing:

Phineas and Ferb would defiently make the ride more intresting (I have nothing agaisnt Ellen) and make the show more fun for the younger kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter