Universal's 2 Park Power Pass Info

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
This "seasonal pass" is now being offered for $109.95. This is the information from the official Universal site:

2-Park Power Annual Pass

Entitlements for 2-Park Power Annual Pass:

Valid for both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida

Blackout dates for 2-Park Power Annual Pass

Christmas 2003 - December 24, 2003 - January 1, 2004

Easter/Spring Break 2004 April 4 - 17

Summer Weekends 2004 June 26 & 27

July 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, and 31

August 1, 7, and 8

Christmas 2004 December 24, 2004 - January 1, 2005

Park-to-Park Access
Self-Parking is NOT included
NO Discounts on food, merchandise or on-site hotels
Not valid for hard ticket events (i.e. Rock the Universe or Halloween Horror Nights)
Universal Express applicable
When you buy your non-transferable pass online, you'll receive a voucher which can be presented at the Voucher Window (or any ticket window after 11am) at the front of either theme park . Once inside the park, proceed to the Vacation Services Center at any time to have your photo taken and receive your pass.

For pass renewals, please call (800) 889-7275. Pass upgrades must be completed inside the park at the Vacation Services Center.

HI Robin,,,,are there any discount for the power pass, like Access Card or FL resident discounts? Thanks :) Mary ....counting down the days :)

:wave: Hi, Mary!

Sorry, the Power Pass is considered "already discounted" and is not subject to further discounts. It really is a deal considering I spent more than that for a 3 day ticket a couple of years ago!

oh yes, thats a great price! But ya can't blame a gal for trying, LOL<,,,,,,,,btw, read your email when you get a chance,,,,,I want to be able to answer Karen ,,,,,thanks :) Mary (Tell Michael we're looking forward to meeting him :):bounce:

We leave Wednesday and need two more tix, can we buy these at the parks?

Do they include front of the line priviledges?

Another question. If purchased on-line, is there a deadline date when the voucher must be activated? If we purchase these APs, how long can we wait before we use them to begin the year? Thanks!

A suggestion...if you go to the parks often buy power passes for the whole family and buy a single annual pass for one family member to get the discounts and free parking. It won't take long to cover the extra cost of the full pass when you add up the parking fees, 20% merchandise discounts and 15% restaurant discounts and only one family member needs to have the regular pass.

i was thinking the same thing about the time scale i wont be there until august also will this offer be on for long or just until a certain date also i was thinking the same about just buying 1 power pass and 3 annual passes great thinking eh
margaret

Is this 2 park/power annual pass a better deal than the 2 day/ 2 park pass? How long is it good for, a year?

The pass is good for a year after the activation date. If you think that you will spend more than 5 days at Universal through the year, then buy the pass. The bonus pass is $99 for 5 consecutive days.

We just purchased the power pass for our upcoming trip in June. I went this direction given 1) the price was the same as the bonus pass and 2) if I time it right wewill be able to use it again next June. We have been going to Florida every year in early June for quite some time now and usually do the Disney thing followed by Universal or vice versa. This year Universal is on the later end of our trip so hopefully will work out for next year by doing Universal on the front end.

The one question I do have does the power pass provide any access to the City Walk clubs? The bonus pass is supposed to provide access to the clubs during the five days it's active. This isn't a big deal to us, just curious. Thanks.

just wanted to say hi, we are also from overland park and go to disney, universal and the beach every summer! have fun on your trip!

We considered upgrading one to the regular Annual Pass but we didn't but wish we had for the discounts. Anyway the pass information they give you with the pass is:
Admission Only. Parking Not Included.
The Blackout Dates (listed in another post above)
Pass is valid for part-to-park access. Does not include: parking fees, food, merchandise or on-site hotel discounts, specially ticketed events and/or any other benefits available to 2 park annual or celebrity annual passholders. Entitlements subject to change without notice.
It expires a year from the date you activate it. It is a hard plastic card like a credit card with your picture on it. You can use it at the express machines to get express passes.
Adults and Children cost the same price.
Hope this helps.

FYI...

Some additional Blackout dates for the Power Pass is as follows:

June 28-29, 2003
July 4-6, 12-13, 19-20, 26-27, 2003
August 2-3, 9-10, 2003
December 24, 2003 - January 1, 2004

TTFN!!!

Here's a dumb question: How much is parking? I'm trying to figure out if it would be better for us to get one regular annual pass just for the free parking. What is the break even point?

Thanks!

My wife and I will be visiting Universal in mid-Nov. 2002. Will the Power Pass be available indefinitely or should I buy two as soon as possible?

Parking is $8 and $11 for Preferred. So you would need to park 7 days to break even on the AP.
We purchased this pass for the kids and purchased the AP's for the adults thru Fanclub. It's definitely better than a consecutive day pass if you are not visiting during the black out dates anyway since it valid 1 year from first use. As stated earlier, you can move your next trip up a week and still use your pass.
Going during the week is no problem either if the wknd is blacked out. Just plan your park days accordingly.
In the week we were in Orlando, we visited Universal 5 days with our AP's. We did 1 day at MK. Plan on more Disney next year and 2 days US.

Just a tip. For Florida, Georgia and Alabama residents can redeem any non winning Universal Rules scratch off ticket. You buy a 1 year Preferred Pass for $159 and you get a 2nd year for free. This is a pretty good deal. Tickets can be purchased online. They must be purchased by August 30th and redeemed by September 30th.

This includes all the benefits that are mentioned and there are no black out dates!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

If I buy this on-line (I live in the UK) - will I just get a paper voucher? Then exchange that at the park and it will be valid a year from the date of exchange??

Thanks

Kaylee

Do I have to bring a picture or is a picture taken when I buy any of the annual passes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter