Universal

6 people. Good point. We usually rent a car, but the rental car prices are really high for a minivan.

Thanks, CarolMN! That's THE best-and-cheapest way if you don't have tickets yet!

If you do have tickets, the cheapest way is by public bus. You'd need to get to the TTC, so WDW bus to Magic Kingdom then monorail to the TTC. The bus system is called Lynx, and you'd start with the Route 50 bus. You'd need to transfer somewhere, and do some walking. The fare is $2 per person, and I don't know if they allow free transfers. If they do, it'll cost you $2 per person each way, or $24 total; if not, double that. See www.golynx.com for exact routing, transfer, and schedule information. ETA: This price may sound appealing in comparison to what follows, but it's a lonnnnnnnng trip.

Alternately, you could go with a car service. Tiffany Town Car (for example) is $90 round trip for the van you'd need. A taxi would be about comparable, but because the fare is affected by things other than simple mileage, it's less predicatble. From a mile and a half off I4 on 192 to Universal was $38 and change a couple of years ago.

There's also the Mears Shuttle for about $20 per person round trip. As you can see, that's more expensive than the above options, but - and I admit I get my transportation options confused :teeth: - there MAY be no charge for passengers under a certain age.

Has anyone used the Dreams Unlimited Universal tickets with transfers package before? I'm just looking for a little feedback before I purchase. I need to buy twelve tickets and with a huge sign that says 'NO REFUNDS" I'm a little weary of paying before hearing some positive things. Any help? Thanks!

Has anyone used the Dreams Unlimited Universal tickets with transfers package before? I'm just looking for a little feedback before I purchase. I need to buy twelve tickets and with a huge sign that says 'NO REFUNDS" I'm a little weary of paying before hearing some positive things. Any help? Thanks!
I have a friend who used Mears shuttle, but I don't think she bought her pass as part of the pkg. I haven't heard anything bad about the pkg. It's a good deal. Just be aware that the bus ride back, at night, can take a substantial amount of time...much more so than the morning shuttles.

Mears taxi fare estimator suggests a taxi from Universal to the MK is around $35, to EPCOT is around $33 and around $24 to the Disney Institute (SSR/OKW area). A service will probably charge around $80-$90 R/T.

I will be traveling with 6 ppl total. I would just rent a car. I'm renting for about 3 days while in disney. Have you thought of renting a Mazda 5? it have 6 seating and consider standard size car. However to me it's mini minivan. so there no cargo space.

What is the best/cheapest way to get to Universal without a rental car?

The best is a taxi. You leave when you want. You don't have to commit to a pickup time at your resort or at Universal.

The cheapest way either involves walking the entire distance (probably not practical) or taking multiple buses ending with a walk.

Mears shuttle may be a reasonable compromise but a family of 4 (or even 3) might as well spend the few extra dollars for a taxi.

The DU deal only makes sense if you plan to park hop. Check park hours project crowd levels before you book. You probably won't hop if you go off peak season, with limited hours. You might not hop if you go on a crowded day.

ok..when taking mears bus to seaworld or universal how much time do you have there? do they do trips back and forth all day?

ok..when taking mears bus to seaworld or universal how much time do you have there? do they do trips back and forth all day?
When you call Mears, the day before you want to use them, to reserve your ride, you will let them know what time you want to be picked up..then they will give you a time to be ready. For the return to your resort, you can either let them know, when booking, what time you need to depart from US/Ioa or you can call them a few hours before you want to leave and they will tell you when a bus will be available for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter