Universal ticket at my coke rewards...anyone swap it for Island of Adventure?

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
I noticed on my coke rewards they have a free Universal ticket "for sale". This would help out a lot with our trip...BUT,we just want to go one day to Islands of Adventure to see Harry Potter. Can the ticket be used for that, or can it be traded at the gate? Anyone know?
The description is very obvious in NOT mentioning Harry Potter at all.
TIA!!

I'm not sure about this exact ticket, however last year I ordered Universal Tickets using points from my Chase rewards cards. The tickets said just Universal and they were good for either park if that helps at all.

FYI, if anyone has rewards from a Chase card, the universal ticket was actually a pretty good deal. 50,000 points for a one day ticket which was equivalent to about $50.

It looks to me like the ticket is good for Universal Studios HOLLYWOOD.

Maggie

Agreed. The Universal coupons available on My Coke Rewards (1000 pts) is for HOLLYWOOD, not Florida.

I keep looking, as I got a Universal Florida coupon on MCR about 4 years ago and it was a great deal! We used that one at Islands of Adventure. :goodvibes

It looks to me like the ticket is good for Universal Studios HOLLYWOOD.

Maggie

Agreed. The Universal coupons available on My Coke Rewards (1000 pts) is for HOLLYWOOD, not Florida.

I keep looking, as I got a Universal Florida coupon on MCR about 4 years ago and it was a great deal! We used that one at Islands of Adventure. :goodvibes

Well I guess that's why they didn't mention Harry Potter then, huh? LOL
Thanks so much for pointing that out!!!!

I'm not sure about this exact ticket, however last year I ordered Universal Tickets using points from my Chase rewards cards. The tickets said just Universal and they were good for either park if that helps at all.

FYI, if anyone has rewards from a Chase card, the universal ticket was actually a pretty good deal. 50,000 points for a one day ticket which was equivalent to about $50.

Was the ticket 5,000 points or 50,000? If 50,000 that's equivalent to $500.00.

... FYI, if anyone has rewards from a Chase card, the universal ticket was actually a pretty good deal. 50,000 points for a one day ticket which was equivalent to about $50.
Fifty thousand points, earned one point per dollar of card purchases, for one Universal or Disney one day ticket is not a good deal. Most of the gifts in the catalog are overpriced, point wise.

Gift cards are some of the better deals. For example 5,000 points for a $50.00 gift card.

But redeem the points only for things or gift cards you will actually use. If you are lucky you may find a gift card you like for less than 100 points per card dollar. (I have gotten $50.00 Lowes gift cards for 4,500 points in the past.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter