Universal Studios Florida trivia questions

Originally posted by nWo_Thunder
...I was told by Doc Bosch and Europa that previously answered questions would not count.

I assumed they wouldn't count. I thought that, if somebody had already given the answer, and had been told that answer was correct, it wouldn't make sense for the next person to come by and answer the same question when they could easily check the other person's answers and cheat off of them.

Obviuosly I was worng, so I'll know better for next time.

-Kevin

Funny-

Niether of your posted links mention the number of tornadoes that hit.

hmmmmm.....

I assumed they wouldn't count. I thought that, if somebody had already given the answer, and had been told that answer was correct, it wouldn't make sense for the next person to come by and answer the same question when they could easily check the other person's answers and cheat off of them.

I think in the future, if Barry wants to take on this headache, I mean...challenge :rolleyes: again, he should post the questions and you should all post your answers before ANY grading takes place. Then he should have a deadline, like he ended up doing with this, for posting. Cuz actually, he gave away answers in the beginning of this.

Also, for the record, you're both right that deadly tornadoes was the reason Twister's opening was delayed. I don't think the # is relevant from a point perspective. :)

Karen :smooth:

Originally posted by Notatourist
Barry-

Here's the comment. In the preshow video (in the rooms) on BTTF, when Doc Brown sits down, you can actually see his telepromter in the reflection on the glass.

Does that get me credit?

How do you see that?

You get credit. :)

I have a few questions. I am not a sore loser but I need to point these out.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.) Name at least one of the volunteers needed for Earthquake – The Big One. 5 points each, 20 points for all three.

Current or Past? Past Stunt Man/ Grip 1 - 2/ 3 Shoppers

Current 3 U571 Boat Captains/Grip/Stuntman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, two out of the 3 in the current is good, but 5 bonus points for doing the past.

Last time I was on Earthquake the had 3 People on the Sub, 1 boy who did the water and 1 stuntman, I can provide a picture of that as well if needed.

You still got credit.

quote:

10.) In Earthquake – The Big One, how much did the model that was destroyed in the pre-show film cost? 5 points (5 bonus points: How long did it take to destroy? 5 bonus points: How much time did it take to build the model?)

2.4 Million Dollars

6 Minutes

2 Months

2 out of 3 ain't bad

That's true, I posted that right from the host's mouth on the video I recorded on the ride and will produce an audio clip if need to prove it.

From Kelly Monaghan's www.theotherorlando.com about Earthquake:

The chest-high buildings are in their shattered, post-quake condition. It’s worth lingering a moment to get a closer look. It took model makers six months to build and it was destroyed in six seconds. The cost: $2.4 million — and those are 1974 dollars!

quote:

13.) The best car to ride in Back to the Future: The Ride is Car number ____. 30 points

I have no idea what the question is. The 8-Passenger DeLorean? All the seats are good, row 5 on level 3 is the best.

Nope!

I still have no clue what the question is asking, is it someones opinion? Was it something said on the ride?

From Kelly's site about BTTF:

The best way to experience this mind-boggling attraction is from the front row of the middle car of the middle row of DeLoreans. Regardless of which of the two “theaters” you enter, this car is designated as “Car Six.” This position points you directly at the center of the domed screen. You’ll experience less distortion of the image (and, not incidentally, reduce any tendency towards motion sickness) and you’ll be less likely to be distracted by glimpsing other cars out of your peripheral vision.

quote:

16.) Where was the original entrance/exit of the Hard Rock Café? 15 points (20 bonus points: what else was in that area that is no longer there?)

Outside the old Parking Lot. I know it's now Universal Storage Area. Cafe La Bamba had a walkway to the Hard Rock as well.

OK

Did I get it right?

You sure did.

quote:

20.) What does slime taste like? 20 points

Lime Jello

21. What does gak taste like? 20 points

Jello

There may be room for Jello in your house, but not here. These are not correct!

I know they are made from jello, so I don't know why it wouldn't taste like it.

It doesn't. Trust me.

Check p. 249 for the Econoguide 2001 book Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando.

Then if Animal Crackers look like animals, do they taste like animals?

quote:

28.) Where is the Portifino Bay Sales Office in Universal Studios? 50 points

The Parking Deck has one, as does the Vacation Center.

I've never seen one at the parking deck.

It's in the Dome Area, next to the bathrooms. Next time you go look. As you are leaving the park when you reach the dome turn to the right and it's right there a Big Booth.

When you see it there will I get my 50 Points.

You got 50 points already.

Besides, the question said INSIDE Universal Studios. The parking lot is not inside USF.

quote:

36.) What incident prompted the addition of seatbelts in Men in Black: Alien Attack? 75 points

The Roger Rabbit Toon Spin Accident at Disneyland.

Nope

That's what the news said. It was the same ride as toon spin and when that accident happened and the boy flew out and cracked his head open they added seatbelts.

Nope, it was not the Disneyland incident that caused the seatbelts to be added. The cause-result logic never indicated that. If you have one, please send a link or something from a news article that confirms your answer.

quote:

37.) Give the name of at least one area in the Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera interactive area. 10 points each, 40 points for all three

Scooby Doo, Flintstones, Jetsons

2 are correct

The Flintstones is to the Left with the house, piano, car, paints.

Scooby Doo is to the right with the voice over Scooby Cartoons.

The Jetsons is the Jetsons Laser Animator.

So all 3 are correct.

From Kelly's site:

After the show, the audience files out through an “interactive area,” a large open space with imaginative cartoon-like stage settings evoking Bedrock, Jellystone Park, and the Jetson’s space city. The theme is the animation process and those who pay attention can learn something about how their Saturday morning cartoon shows are created.

Scooby Doo is shown on the walls of the Jellystone Park trees, but Scooby Doo itself is not an area.

quote:

46.) In Jaws, what is the sinking boat’s name? 15 points

Gordon and Amity 3

Gordon is the skipper. Amity 3 is the boat name.

Did I get that right? I was adding Gordon because I knew the Skipper and the Boat.

Yes, but I only asked for the boat name, not the skipper.

quote:

6.) “…she’s quite a woman.”

Beetlejuice

Not correct

Beetlejuice did say in the old Beetlejuice Graveyard Review "She's quite a woman, you're a lucky man Frank."

Mike

Yes, but the ellipsis in the front would indicate that something was taken out at the beginning of the sentence. The Beetlejuice statement of "She's quite a woman..." is from the beginning of the sentence. Still, I will give credit.

+10 for nWo_Thunder. I'm not adjusting the scores because Notatourist got many additional points from corrections. It wouldn't matter anyway.

nWo_Thunder said: Well, the vacation center is in the paradise theater. That is correct. The question also asks IN UNIVERSAL STUDIOS.

Yeah it's also called the Universal Vacation Center on the park maps it's called Universal Vacation Center and he asked for offices I named 2 of them you named one and I named it as well.

The original question asked for an "OFFICE." This is singular. You said "...he asked for offices I named 2 of them you named one and I named it as well." "OFFICES" is plurial. So I asked for 1 office, not 2. You still got credit for 1.

Mike, If you got points for the few questions in question you still would not have the most points, so any continued complaining is exactly what you said you were not. A SORE LOOSER.

It is only a game and the judges decision is final. Or was this a conspiracy against you as well.????:smooth:

quote:

10.) In Earthquake – The Big One, how much did the model that was destroyed in the pre-show film cost? 5 points (5 bonus points: How long did it take to destroy? 5 bonus points: How much time did it take to build the model?)

2.4 Million Dollars

6 Minutes

2 Months

2 out of 3 ain't bad

That's true, I posted that right from the host's mouth on the video I recorded on the ride and will produce an audio clip if need to prove it.

From Kelly Monaghan's www.theotherorlando.com about Earthquake:

The chest-high buildings are in their shattered, post-quake condition. It’s worth lingering a moment to get a closer look. It took model makers six months to build and it was destroyed in six seconds. The cost: $2.4 million — and those are 1974 dollars!

Well Either Kelly is wrong or the Host of Earthquake is because this is what the host of Earthquake said.

Reviewing my tape again I made a typo, but Kelly is wrong as well. http://usf.i8.com/Scale_Model_Cost.htm

$2.4 Million Dollars

6 Minutes to Destroy. (It's 6 Minutes not Seconds as Kelly has)

6 Months to Construct.

So I did get that wrong but I did at least prove it was minutes not seconds.

OK, I will give you 5 points on this. I checked the Econoguide 2001 book and it said 6 minutes.

quote:

13.) The best car to ride in Back to the Future: The Ride is Car number ____. 30 points

I have no idea what the question is. The 8-Passenger DeLorean? All the seats are good, row 5 on level 3 is the best.

Nope!

I still have no clue what the question is asking, is it someones opinion? Was it something said on the ride?

From Kelly's site about BTTF:

The best way to experience this mind-boggling attraction is from the front row of the middle car of the middle row of DeLoreans. Regardless of which of the two “theaters” you enter, this car is designated as “Car Six.” This position points you directly at the center of the domed screen. You’ll experience less distortion of the image (and, not incidentally, reduce any tendency towards motion sickness) and you’ll be less likely to be distracted by glimpsing other cars out of your peripheral vision.

How can you base a question on someones opinion? I mean come on how can that even be a fair question? You are basing your question on someones opinion. I never heard of Kelly or been to her site so unless I did I could not possibly get that right.

I thought these questions would be on things you can see or hear at the park.

Nope, BTTF ride fans know about car 6. The next time you are there, as a BTTF if car 6 is indeed the best car to ride.

Also, on p. 235 of the Econoguide 2001, it says:

Universal insiders say the very best experience can be had by sitting in the front row of the center car on the second tier; dispatchers call it Car 6.

Oh, and the entire text about BTTF from Kelly's site is:

The best seats in the house. The best way to experience this mind-boggling attraction is from the front row of the middle car of the middle row of DeLoreans. Regardless of which of the two “theaters” you enter, this car is designated as “Car Six.” This position points you directly at the center of the domed screen. You’ll experience less distortion of the image (and, not incidentally, reduce any tendency towards motion sickness) and you’ll be less likely to be distracted by glimpsing other cars out of your peripheral vision. (By the way, in the unlikely event you find yourself bored during your umpty-umpth ride, especially if you’re off to the side of the bottom row, looking around at the other cars will give you a deeper appreciation of just how clever this ride is.)

Unfortunately, there’s no easy way to position yourself to get the optimum seat. It’s pretty much luck of the draw. If the lines are short or nonexistent, you might ask an attendant to point you to car number six (they’ll know what you’re talking about). That might at least get you to the right level. Otherwise, you’ll just have to keep trying until your lucky number comes up. For die-hard fans that’ll be something they can live with.

quote:

36.) What incident prompted the addition of seatbelts in Men in Black: Alien Attack? 75 points

Nope

That's what the news said. It was the same ride as toon spin and when that accident happened and the boy flew out and cracked his head open they added seatbelts.

Nope, it was not the Disneyland incident that caused the seatbelts to be added. The cause-result logic never indicated that. If you have one, please send a link or something from a news article that confirms your answer.

That will be hard to prove since that happened almost 2 years ago.

Oh well...

quote:

37.) Give the name of at least one area in the Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera interactive area. 10 points each, 40 points for all three

Scooby Doo, Flintstones, Jetsons

2 are correct

The Flintstones is to the Left with the house, piano, car, paints.

Scooby Doo is to the right with the voice over Scooby Cartoons.

The Jetsons is the Jetsons Laser Animator.

So all 3 are correct.

From Kelly's site:

After the show, the audience files out through an “interactive area,” a large open space with imaginative cartoon-like stage settings evoking Bedrock, Jellystone Park, and the Jetson’s space city. The theme is the animation process and those who pay attention can learn something about how their Saturday morning cartoon shows are created.

Scooby Doo is shown on the walls of the Jellystone Park trees, but Scooby Doo itself is not an area.

***I'll by that when you can tell me why it is that The Scooby Doo Voice Over is inside a Cemetary with the Haunted House from the Scooby Doo section of the ride on top****

http://www.usf.i8.com/cgi-bin/i/P8290221.jpg

It's not Jellystone Park and yes Yogi said it too Boo Boo "Yogi where are we?" Yogi "It's not Jellystone Park"

No, that is dialogue from the ride. It's as Yogi and Boo-Boo are entering the Scooby Doo haunted house.

It's not Jellystone park there is NOTHING inside the Interactive area with Yogi or Boo Boo in it. It's Scobby Doo not Jellystone Park. Jellystone park had nothing to do with the ride and therefore is not park of the interactive area the 3 parts of the ride are the 3 parks of the interactive area.

Kelly is mistaken I provided a picture to prove it.

Kelly is not mistaken. From a site that I remember you mentioned, www.orlandorocks.com:

usf_hanna_barbera_4-2-01.jpg

These are trees from Jellystone Park.

quote:
46.) In Jaws, what is the sinking boat’s name? 15 points

Gordon and Amity 3

Gordon is the skipper. Amity 3 is the boat name.

Did I get that right? I was adding Gordon because I knew the Skipper and the Boat.

Yes, but I only asked for the boat name, not the skipper.

But I answered the question correctly, giving more information got me the question wrong?

Mike

The question is correct. You just gave more information than necessary. If I ask for the boat name, I want the boat name. When you have to write down your name on your job application, do you also write down your mom's name?

Even if the HB interactive area question was right, you only got 15 more points. It's not even nearly enough to catch up with Notatourist. Mike, I ask you not to try to challenge these questions anymore. Please lose with dignity. I remember you were saying in several posts that you are the USF champion. Please, bow down to the champion, Notatourist. Thank you.

Originally posted by MIB999999
Mike, If you got points for the few questions in question you still would not have the most points, so any continued complaining is exactly what you said you were not. A SORE LOOSER.

It is only a game and the judges decision is final. Or was this a conspiracy against you as well.????:smooth:

Even if I did give Mike 75 points for the MIB question, it still doesn't catch up with Notatourist.

Mike, I ask that you please lose with dignity.

quote:

quote:

Nope

That will be hard to prove since that happened almost 2 years ago.

Ok, I'll help.
http://themeparkinsider.com/parks/accident.cfm?Attraction=358
4/1/2000 - This happened a while back, at the opening of the attraction. A child was sitting in one of the outside seats (a BIG no-no) and fell out during a spin. The father of the child tried to reach for the child... and fell out as well. Due to this incident, they added seatbelts to all the seats - along with the lapbars.

This is about the Toon-Town accident, which happened in Sept. of 2000

http://themeparkinsider.com/parks/accident.cfm?Attraction=31

9/22/2000 Four-year-old Brandon Zucker was injured, and ultimately left with brain damage, when he flew out of the ride vehicle and was pinned beneath it. A state investigation blamed Disneyland personnel for loading the Zuckers into the vehicle incorrectly, and cites additional ride design flaws. As a result, Roger Rabbit became the first attraction ordered closed for repairs under California's new theme park regulation law.

MIB9's remembers that the seatbelts were not in place during the soft opening of MIB but that they were shortly after opening, so he thinks the accident may have even happened before April as reported, but either way, the Toon-Town spin accident didn't happen until September, a minimum of 5 months later.

Does that help? :)

Karen

Yes, that helps, MsDisney! I remember riding MIB in April and I don't recall seatbelts.

Anyway, as for HB, I'm sticking to my answer. If someone wants to run into HB's interactive area and check, please do!

Excuse me, but the correct answer to the Globe question (#42:confused: ) is that Molokai is not on it!!! LOL

Originally posted by Molokai Gram
Excuse me, but the correct answer to the Globe question (#42:confused: ) is that Molokai is not on it!!! LOL

But, I thought you were the one holding it up???!!! :confused:

Karen :smooth:

The seat belts were a result of a child being thrown from the car and the adult leaving the car to get the child on the MIB ride.

I have been on the ride more than a thousand times and the ride attendents know me on site.

I was there during the early days of the car loading area being so cold you needed a coat. One Saturday i came in and lo and behold there were seat belts. I asked and was given the reason listed above. at the time this occured the toon town accident had not yet taken place. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter