Universal Studios CA vs Universal Orlando

fiddlefaddle2

Earning My Ears
Hi!
I'm planning my first ever trip to CA next month. It's just me and my friend (both in our twenties) and we're going for a week. At the moment we don't have a day scheduled for Universal Studios and I'm not sure if we actually could fit it in.
So I just wanted to know peoples opinions on whether it's something we should really look into. We've been to the Universal in Florida and like it but from what I've read the one in CA seems similar but smaller (no Islands of Adventure) and has the backlot tour.
We also don't drive so would have to take the Grayline bus.
Am I wrong, is it worth trying to squeeze a day at the studios into our trip?
Thanks so much for your opinions :)

Its not UO by any means and its kind of unfair to compare the two. UO Is a amusement park period, UC is more movie history and "look i seen that on TV" excitement, then amusement park. If you have never been there I would try to make the visit. If it was just the rides there, i would say you have already been on them at UO, the back lot tour Is worth the admission price by it self. For me its like crawling inside my TV set (yes the box version)as a kid and getting to look around. OMG seeing the Beave's house made me feel like i was back home. If you are a coaster junkie and that is what makes you tick, then stay away you will be diss pointed. Yes they have some neat rides, Jurassic park, Mummy the Simpsons but its the movies/Tv is what you come here for.

Thanks so much for the insight. It does sound interesting, I'm going to look and see what tv shows/movie things you see on the tour as that will probably make my decision easier :)

Hi!
I'm planning my first ever trip to CA next month. It's just me and my friend (both in our twenties) and we're going for a week. At the moment we don't have a day scheduled for Universal Studios and I'm not sure if we actually could fit it in.
So I just wanted to know peoples opinions on whether it's something we should really look into. We've been to the Universal in Florida and like it but from what I've read the one in CA seems similar but smaller (no Islands of Adventure) and has the backlot tour.
We also don't drive so would have to take the Grayline bus.
Am I wrong, is it worth trying to squeeze a day at the studios into our trip?
Thanks so much for your opinions :)
I too am curious about how to go about getting to Universal Studios from Anaheim hotels

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter