Universal Rides... How scary?

mystic_path

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how frightening some of the rides are at Universal. Ive gone a few time but never have done some of the rides such as The mummy and Jurassic Park. See I am not scared of horror films ect but a friend of mine who is coming is a bit creeped out at some of the mummy stuff especially.

Is the ride frightening? How about Jurassic Park? Is the drop really long?

I didn't go to Universal on our trip in March because I had a rest day with our 2 little ones but my husband took our son whose 7 and my brother and sister who are 14 and 16. My son is a big chicken and went on Jurassic Park 6 times and loved it. I had them all convinced that the mummy was very scary because that's what I had read but they said it wasn't scary at all.

Im not really a big fan of heights so I didn't think I was gonna be too fond of Jurassic Parks 85 foot drop, but since it's enclosed it wasn't really that bad at all. The drop itself wasn't as bad as I expected, I didn't even get that funny feeling in my stomach. I rode it twice that day, haha I wanted to ride it more by the fiance was tired of getting soaked. The Mummy basically is a roller coaster in the dark that goes both fowards and backwards for a minute or so but is really, really tame. The only part that really might get you is the shuttle take off at one point where the vehicle goes from 0 to 35 or 40mph within 2 seconds...other then that the drops on the ride are no more then 15 feet. Overall both are awesome rides. Those two are my favorites when visiting USH.

apart from the hulk, dueling dragons and the mummy, i'll do the rest. not to keane on doctor doom's fearfall, but there we go

apart from the hulk, dueling dragons and the mummy, i'll do the rest. not to keane on doctor doom's fearfall, but there we go

well US Hollywood only have the mummy ride. The others are in Florida.

Jurassic Park isn't really that bad. The drop is long, but compared to other rides it could be worse.

There is a haunted houses of sorts that can be quite intense though!

well US Hollywood only have the mummy ride. The others are in Florida.

Jurassic Park isn't really that bad. The drop is long, but compared to other rides it could be worse.

There is a haunted houses of sorts that can be quite intense though!

ah, thaught we were talking about florida. silly me!. guess i was so excited to get going on thursday, i just posted in the wrong board

None of the rides (all two of them) at USH are that bad at all. My belly goes when I drive over a humpback bridge so I was REALLY expecting my stomach to go when I first rode JPRA. It didn't though. No sooner are you at the top, you're at the bottom and are pulling into the station. The ride is a total must when visiting USH though!!

So is ROTM... I agree with VegasMike in that the worst part is probably the launch. Gets me EVERY time... :scared1: That and the going backwards which if you are not used to it, can be a little unsettling at first. It's a great ride though. I hear it has nothing on the Florida version, but I love it all the same.

Went to Universal in March as a chaperon for the high school choir. We went on the Mummy and Jurassic Park too many times to count. If you sit mid boat in the middle you don't get as wet.

We went on the Mummy over and over again at the end of the day, they wouldn't let us go twice in a row even though there was no one in line, so we had to get out and run around. The ride overheated as we were just about to launch. We had to walk out of the ride. While we were waiting all the choir kids started singing, there were only 2 people in the car that were not with the choir. It was kind of cool to hear them sing a spiritual while waiting to be released from the car.

i'm not going in it but my 7yr dd and dh want to go in it. how scary is it? i watched the video and it looks pretty scary to me!
mousiemom

House of Horrors was pretty scary. I was with a group of 13 kids (boys and girls 15-17 years old) and me, all the kids except the two girls that were hanging on to me took one of the early exits. I love scary and kept telling the girls that it was almost over and took them all the way to the end. They were scared, but were able to boast that the girls made it to the end and the boys chickened out.

I don't think that I would take my 10 year old through it, and I am sure my 7 year old would freak out at the beginning.

House of Horrors was pretty scary. I was with a group of 13 kids (boys and girls 15-17 years old) and me, all the kids except the two girls that were hanging on to me took one of the early exits. I love scary and kept telling the girls that it was almost over and took them all the way to the end. They were scared, but were able to boast that the girls made it to the end and the boys chickened out.

I don't think that I would take my 10 year old through it, and I am sure my 7 year old would freak out at the beginning.

Wow, I didn't think it was that bad. Haha I guess that's just me. Hard to believe 15-17 year old boys would take an early exit out of a "fake" haunted house....hahaha!

They were with some girls, maybe the girls couldn't handle it. All I know is that I was walking calmly through and the two girls grabbed hold of me. Of course, I have walked calmly through haunted houses since I was 8 years old. I have yet to find a haunted house that can get me walking fast, let alone running through or out!

yeah, i'm still not going in it. but my dh cannot wait to go thru it. i told him about the early exits and he said, "well, i'm not using those". we'll see!
thanks,
mousiemom

We just got back last week and went to Universal and the haunted house was only disturbing because of the people screaming and pushing to get away from the people dressed up that are part of the attraction. The teen girls seemed to be the worst and they were really pushing at us and actually almost bruised my mom by trying to run away.

We just got back last week and went to Universal and the haunted house was only disturbing because of the people screaming and pushing to get away from the people dressed up that are part of the attraction. The teen girls seemed to be the worst and they were really pushing at us and actually almost bruised my mom by trying to run away.

I could see that really being annoying when immature teens acting up, the pushing part would of really bothered me though, and i would of had to say something about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter