universal plus disney trip (flying)

jmkst58

DIS Veteran
sigh. I thought it would be easier than this by now but I need advice. I'm not sure what to do.

we are flying in to MCO about 10am on thurs 5/25 & staying at royal pacific for one night. We are visiting the universal parks all day thurs & all day Friday. Friday night we wanted to move to Disney's all star resort so hopefully return our rental car at the dolphin or the car care center late Friday night after checking in at Disney.

We were going to rent a national emerald aisle car for about $160 total for the rental. But we will have to pay for 2 days parking while at royal pacific too?

There is not a much cheaper way to do this, right? ( rent a car for 2 days to get us to universal and then over to Disney property by Friday night).

We should definitely expect to pay about $160 plus the 2 days of parking at royal pacific?

I hate the added expense, but guessing it's worth the convenience.

Would be cheaper to take a cab/Uber/Lyft from the airport to US (~$60 + tip), then one from US to Disney (~$20 + tip).

Finally, hop on DME on your way back to the airport.

It is often cheaper to rent a car for a week, rather than a couple of days. While, you can't avoid paying for parking at Royal Pacific, I would price out keeping your rental car for the days you are at Disney - where parking is free as a resort guest (including parking at the parks).

Also, double-check Royal Pacific's parking policy. Hotels that charge for parking normally charge per night, not per day.

I think barbliny is right, you will only pay parking for 1 night, not 2 days. I always start my carless trips at WDW, take DME to my Disney resort, then Lyft to Universal and to the airport. Much less than renting a car! Your price is really high, but perhaps because you are not keeping it over a Saturday night?

Uni hotels charge for parking for hotel guests at midnight. So if you're out before then on checkout day it's just the one parking charge.

To be clear, you'll leave the car at the hotel lot while in the parks. You don't drive to the themepark/citywalk lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter