universal planning video

castlehappy

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if US has a vacation planning video like DIS does? If so, how do I get one? I did not see anything about one on their website.
Thanks a million

They do, but I got one in PAL format. It will play in US VCRs, but you get to see white lines and everyone sounds like chipmunks. :) Someone posted a link a while back for the US one. I will have to dig for it.

I have the old ones, but not the PAL format one...

That sounds funny, Barry.. Chipmunks... LOL!

I just today received my planning video from the UK and it's useless. I can't see a thing but white lines as Barry said, and I could hear what was being said only it was distorted. I ordered it off the Universal website, but I guess it was meant for UK travellers.

I JUST GOT ONE TOO.CAN NOT SEE A THING AND EVERYONE SOUNDS LIKE CHIPMUNKS.... I WAS BUMBED....

Originally posted by nWo_Thunder
I think the person would like to get one. Not know how it sounds.

http://universalstudiosvacations.com/

Go there and request one.

Mike

They probably would, but THAT is where the others got theirs, and it was in PAL format is the point. They don't WANT one that is in PAL format (and sounds like Chipmunks).

No need to be rude...

Karen :smooth:

What is PAL format? How can I get it to play on my VCR? thanks...corvairamy

PAL is a European format for tapes.. I can't remember what is stands for..

I had friends come here from living abroad, and they had a hard time realizing that the tapes here, and tapes There don't work.

Originally posted by corvair
What is PAL format? How can I get it to play on my VCR? thanks...corvairamy

It is the format used in UK...it isn't compatible with US VCR's unfortunately. :(
There are places that can convert it for you...but I'm not sure it would be worth the $$$ to do it, nor do I have any idea how much it costs anymore. :rolleyes:

Ok...
This place is in that business, it looks like it costs $35 with them to convert it...as an example.
http://www.videotransfer.com/foreign.html

I'm not recommending them or anything....I just did a search for PAL, convert and this was the first site that came up :)

Thanks. is there any site you can go to get the tape so it will play? I would love to see the tape? amy

I couldn't see a thing on the tape, but from what I heard while playing it, it was the old tape from 2000, which I have and my whole family has memorized because we must have played it 50 times LOL. You know, the one that says "Hi, I'm Kristin, a tour guide here at Universal...".
When we got this one from the UK, we let it play all the way through, and the only difference was at the end they included information about Virgin airlines and other info about getting from the UK to Orlando.

Thanks everyone! I am going to give it a try and see what I come up with. Hopefully I can find one that I can see and understand.

That person can ask for a non-pal version. I ordered a tape last year and had no problems with it.

Can you tell me where on the site they click to order one, I couldn't find one and I'd like to.

People that received PAL format ones have said they ordered them from the Universal website, and Universal themselves have said that they don't offer a video any longer...so if they are, it would be great to be able to get one in US format...

Thanks! :)

Originally posted by nWo_Thunder
You request one, if Universal does not offer them anymore why was that not mentioned in the previous posts?

2001 I requested one and I had no problems with it.

Mike

Mike, you know....It WAS mentioned, that's why I said it. But it was mentioned about 2 weeks ago in a similar thread...I'm glad YOU had no problems in 2001, but in 2002, apparently some people ARE having problems getting one in the proper format. Someone called Universal and was told that they aren't offering the video any longer. A bunch of people in the US have received theirs in PAL format. I asked if you could help out by giving a little more direction to WHERE on the site you found the order video info....You posted a link saying that's where they can find the video, and I couldn't find any option to order one, so I thought you could be helpful and point it out.

Hopefully someone else can come up with something...

Here is the link to the other thread, if anyone finds it helpful...

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=259924&highlight=universal+video

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter