Universal Orlando officially announces Harry Potter expansion

I got an email. Exciting! Can't wait to see what they do. Any thoughts on the name of the new restaurant?

That's awesome. THey needed a train too for kids

I am very excited that they finally officially announced what everyone knew! Can't wait until next year!

Well that's a surprise. hahahahahahha

The new restaurant is the Leaky Cauldron. The new ride is Gringott's. And there will also be the Hogwarts Express which is also supposed to be an e-ticket ride.

Here's an article and photo from Orlando United. http://orlandounited.com/2013/05/08...wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-diagon-alley/

2527878952.jpg

Another article from Inside the Magic http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/...or-2014-with-hogwarts-express-gringotts-ride/

And more artwork:

dragon-400x600.jpg

street-550x523.jpg

london-550x220.jpg

knight-bus-550x301.jpg

I thought they already had part of diagon alley inside the already existing area? IS that not considered DA where the shops are, like Olivanders and stuff?

I thought they already had part of diagon alley inside the already existing area? IS that not considered DA where the shops are, like Olivanders and stuff?

The Ollivanders in Hogsmeade is supposed to be just a branch and did not occur there in the books and movies. The Ollivanders in the books and movies was in Diagon Alley.

In the books, Ollivanders is in Diagon Alley, not Hogsmeade. I've heard that they're going to rebrand the current Ollivanders store and open a new one in the expansion, complete with multiple larger rooms doing the wand selection show, given how popular it is and how many wand sales it undoubtedly inspires.

I wonder if this will mean the end of base tickets? Presumably you'll need a park-to-park to go between Hogsmeade & Diagon Alley, and adding another place to scan your ticket seems excessive.

From the folks at UOR:

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES: THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER – DIAGON ALLEY IS COMING TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT.

Building on the global phenomenon that is The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. Entertainment today announced an expansion of historic proportion with the entirely new themed environment, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.

Scheduled to open in 2014, the world’s first centrally themed, multi-park experience expands The Wizarding World of Harry Potter across both Universal Orlando theme parks and allows Universal’s creative team to bring an unparalleled vision to this unique project. The new area will bring to life some of the experiences and places found in and around London in the Harry Potter books and films, offering brand-new adventures for fans and theme park guests from around the world.

Diagon Alley and ‘London’ will be located within the Universal Studios Florida theme park, which is adjacent to Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park, where guests now experience Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. The new area within Universal Studios will be just as expansive, immersive and authentic as the existing themed environment.”

As exciting as this is, I MISS JAWS!

I really hope they do some soft openings in May 2014 when we go.. although it would be an excellent excuse to go back the following spring :goodvibes

Did anyone notice this in the article? "may take cues from the scene in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," where Harry and his friends are chased by a dragon along a mine cart-like track through the bank's vast, underground vaults."

Seriously? Did the person even READ the book (or see the movie)? Journalists....

Did anyone notice this in the article? "may take cues from the scene in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," where Harry and his friends are chased by a dragon along a mine cart-like track through the bank's vast, underground vaults."

Seriously? Did the person even READ the book (or see the movie)? Journalists....

I actually thought the same thing when I read the article, but bit my tongue. Drives me crazy when reporters don't get their facts straight, especially with Harry Potter :)

I've been excited about the expansion for awhile now, now that it's official I am even more excited. I'm hoping for it to be open before Oct 2014 so I can do WWoHP, HHN (been 2 years since my last one) and WDW ToT 10 miler

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter