Universal Orlando Annual Passholder: Please Help! (Cabana Bay Discounts)

DisDiana

Mouseketeer
Hello, Universal Orlando Annual Passholder!

I am running out of time to find the best deal at Cabana Bay. I am going to book a poolside courtyard family suite from February 19-22 (that's next week) but want to get the best deal possible. Getting a total of $958.51 for four adults after taxes and everything from Lowe's website.

Can you please look up the AP rates so I can figure out if purchasing an annual pass is the way to go or if I should book through Orbitz at a 15% room discount?

There will be four adults traveling and I believe if I picked up an AP, the other three would get a discount, along with anything we rack up that qualifies in the parks and at City Walk.

I really appreciate your help with this!

Diana

You can do it yourself. Just go to the Loews site and in promo/group codes, put in APH when you do your search for rooms. If the rate is available it will come up girls you.

I tried for you and it says no rooms are available.

Last edited:
APH discount for 2/19 to 2/22 is $553.51 for poolside courtyard family suite. Nice discount!

Just type Aph in the promo code box when checking rates on universals site..

Yay. I'm glad LynnB found a room. I don't know why it didn't for me.

Ah -- you guys are awesome. Thank you!!

And I can book with this discount and then show them my AP when I show up to get the rate?

Yay. I'm glad LynnB found a room. I don't know why it didn't for me.

For some reason the aph rate doesn't always come up initially just the stay more save more shows up. If you resubmit at that point with the Aph code it will show up. Not sure why that happens..

So since we're in this together, LynnB, I have one more question. I've booked the hotel with the APH rate (which is amazing, thank you for all your help), and now I have to buy my annual pass. Is there a place to pick it up from the hotel or do I have to trek over to the ticket counter at the parks before I check in?

I believe if you purchase the AP via Universals website you print out the receipt/voucher and you can show that at check in. I actually purchased multi day tickets thru undercover tourist and plan on upgrading one to an AP once I arrive.

Ah. I actually called Cabana Bay to ask (didn't want to take a $300 chance) and they told me that as long as I presented the annual pass during my stay, I would qualify for the discount. Now I don't have to rush around on check-in day since we're not going to the parks until the second day.

It's all coming together. Thanks for all the help!

If you choose kiosk pick up for your AP, you can pick it up at the kiosk which is located in the hotel lobby.

Do you know if they sell the AP discounted 3-day park to park tickets at the hotel or do I need to go to the ticket counter for that?

Ah. I actually called Cabana Bay to ask (didn't want to take a $300 chance) and they told me that as long as I presented the annual pass during my stay, I would qualify for the discount. Now I don't have to rush around on check-in day since we're not going to the parks until the second day.

It's all coming together. Thanks for all the help!

When you get there, ask when they need to see the AP. If your experience matches many many others, you won't be asked for it at all. I'm sad you were so nervous you called; there have been so many threads with that question (and everyone's experiences) I wish you had seen them. Hugs for the nervousness. Universal is just as easy as Disney when it comes to booking AP rates and proving to them that you're entitled to it. Easier, actually, because you can book it online before having the AP, and I think you have to call to do that with Disney (and sometimes the CMs get a wee bit confused).

I stayed at HRH with an AP discount in Dec, checked in before getting my card. had my paper confirmation ready, and was never asked for the AP. In fact the guy checking me in never even mentioned I was staying on an AP discount.

My trip in March, I'll be at RPR and I'll have my card, so it will be interesting to see if they ask.

your ap has to be activated before you can buy tickets with that discount.
Sorry to hijack, op, but does anyone happen to know what the discounted 3 day park to park price would be? I haven't seen this. I have an activated power pass. Is that one valid for the discount? Thanks!

Sorry to hijack, op, but does anyone happen to know what the discounted 3 day park to park price would be? I haven't seen this. I have an activated power pass. Is that one valid for the discount? Thanks!

yes, below is from the UO website
there are more benefits but i only copied to show you that there are discounts available with your pass for theme park tickets.

Benefits
powerpass_icon14v2_tcm13-48904.jpg
preferredpass_icon14v2_tcm13-48905.jpg
premierpass_icon14v2_tcm13-48906.jpg

Florida Resident Discount Savings $214.99+tax$189.99+tax $294.99+tax$259.99+tax $434.99+tax$384.99+tax
Florida resident FlexPaySM option with automatic renewal Less than
$10 a month^ Less than
$13 a month* Less than
$19 a month†
A year of unlimited park-to-park admission Blockout dates apply
img_checkbox_tcm13-24992.png

Free self-parking (after first visit)

Free valet and preferred self-parking (after first visit Restrictions apply)

Discounts on theme park & special events tickets**

Online price is $185.99. That means gate price is $205.99. Take 10% off of that and then add 6.5% tax. So $197.44.

Price for this ticket at UT is $177.99 with the buy 2 get one free deal. I don't believe you can get the AP discount on that same ticket at the gate since they don't discount already discounted tickets. You could just purchase that same ticket online at www.universalorlando.com for $175.99 plus your 6.5% tax. As usual, UT is the better deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter