Universal or Sea world

mlfernan said:
Which would you recommend for a 7 year old... Sea World or Universal Studios?

Sea world. Does your 7 year old like shows, simulation rides or roller coaster then universal. Not much shade at universal and didn't see alot of excited kids. Most characters stood there bored.

Most definitely SeaWorld. Great Animal Shows and exhibits. Much more for a 7 year old to enjoy. The rides at Universal are targeted towards older kids/teens market. SeaWorld offers these kind of thrills with Kraken and Manta. But is also not so reliant on thrill rides. Also offers an educational aspect.

Another vote for SeaWorld :thumbsup2 . While we loved the Universal parks, SeaWorld definitely has more younger kids. And its our favourite Orlando park.....the shows are awesome, the exhibits are so interesting, and its just a wonderful family place overall.

Another vote for SeaWorld :thumbsup2 . While we loved the Universal parks, SeaWorld definitely has more younger kids. And its our favourite Orlando park.....the shows are awesome, the exhibits are so interesting, and its just a wonderful family place overall.
While there are plenty of rides at both Universal parks for a youngster, I will agree SW is probably the better choice.

mlfernan said:
Which would you recommend for a 7 year old... Sea World or Universal Studios?

Our kids, ages 4 and 8, love SW. We were huge Disney fans, but our kids are enjoying the SW park better. They love the shows and the sea animals. We bought a pass last year and plan on renewing it. I feel SW is more doable in a day Nd not as rushed.

I agree with all the comments. SW is nice I have 7 kids in ages from 13-1 and they all love it. And the shamu harbor is so much fun to sit and let the kids have fun in the fountains. Definitely a park that you can do in one day and not miss anything. Have a fun time on your trip.

This is a SW forum, so that answers will sway that way. We went to US when DD was 8 and she loved it. We went for the Harry Potter area, but we both ended up really loving both parks, and she didn't do a single wild coaster. We went back a year later and spent even more time in the parks -- 4 days. So, for my child, riding is more exciting for her than sitting and seeing shows. I think it really depends on the kid. We're only doing 1 day at US this year and maybe 1 day at SW as we are doing Discovery Cove.

We decided on 3 days WDW and 2 days SW. Maybe universal next year as he isn't very much into roller coasters. Will be there in 2 weeks and so excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter