Universal Next Week - all in or take the cheap way?

Thanks for all the comments. I am still having a mental block with the near $400 per nite Portofino cost (after taxes and parking). Anyone have a non-universal resort they feel is top notch, super close to universal? I have stayed at the hilton on destination parkway once, and that was a nice hotel. About 5 miles from Universal. I am not a fan of the skyscraper type hotels though.

Thanks for all the comments. I am still having a mental block with the near $400 per nite Portofino cost (after taxes and parking). Anyone have a non-universal resort they feel is top notch, super close to universal? I have stayed at the hilton on destination parkway once, and that was a nice hotel. About 5 miles from Universal. I am not a fan of the skyscraper type hotels though.

The other two onsite deluxe hotels are cheaper than Portofino. If you are going to spend 200+ for a top notch off-site hotel, I think it is probably smarter to stay at Royal Pacific. Have you checked third party sites to see if there is anything available through anyone else? Are you even sure Portofino is still available? Hotels.com and cheaptickets.com have RPR for $304 next week plus taxes.

What are your exact dates? I'll look around and see what is available that I think is as nice as the Universal hotels. You could just stay at the Drury Inn. It's a really nice place.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter