Universal New Year's Fireworks Cancelled

CoileyTheSpringSprite

Earning My Ears
As per today's Orlando Sentinel, Universal has cancelled fireworks in both theme parks and CityWalk for New Year's Eve.

No explanation was given for the cancellation.

This is VERY bizarre, and I for one am extremely surprised this was done. Truth be told, I don't see any valid excuses for them to cancel it either.

URL Link to News story:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...121001dec10.story?coll=orl-business-headlines

Wha?!?! Well, there goes my plans! Hopefully this will change!

The Orlando Sentinel will be retracting that article. Universal will still have fireworks for the 31st. The only difference is guests may not be able to see the all the festivities from CW. :(

Ok good, as long as you can see them from IOA I'm fine.

Sorry but if i am paying the bucks i am to get into IOA, CW concerns are of no concern. let them bring thier own fireworks. Another Orlando sent-to-hell foul up.:smooth:

I was trying to get a room reservation and I asked them about this. At the reservation center they hadn't heard of this yet. They contacted the Hard Rock Hotel to check about the New Years fireworks. They called me back and informed me that they are cancelled for this year. This is a real shame.

She said that they don't know why they cancelled it yet. They will try to find out why and let me know. They will be contacting Bradford Dennis, Universal's director of tenant relations and legal affairs tomorrow. I hope this will change.

If they do cancel this will help make my mind up as to where I will be going. I might go up to Georga to Wild Adventure for their New Year Party that they have planned, 2 days of Rock and Rollercoasters. Along with Fireworks and a midnight ride on Cheetah.

I too heard resention news-will let you know when I find out the news...

The Orlando Sentinel updated their news about UO's fireworks cancellation today:

The New Year's Eve fireworks at Universal Orlando may not be as visible from some areas of the attraction this year, but they will go on inside the two theme parks.

On Monday, Universal officials amended a recent letter that had been sent to managers and owners of CityWalk businesses stating there would not be a light show. Universal said the letter from the attraction's director of tenant relations went too far in saying there wouldn't be any fireworks. Although some of the fireworks may not show their colors quite as high as last year, they will be visible in Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios.

You can also see fireworks when Robin and Spider-Man have their romantic date on 12/31.

Ahem...just a note here...I plan to hold Robin hostage in the MYTHOS restroom, so she won't be making her date with Spidey!:D That is, of course, unless I'm invited too! :mad: :D ;)

I hope they have fireworks, I'm really looking forward to being able to go to a theme park for NYE for the first time ever! :smooth:

Anyone know what time they'll close? Is it, "OK, it's midnight, get out of here!?" or what? :confused:

Should be lots of fun!!!

Karen

Didn't I tell you that Spidey was joining us in the bathroom, MsDisney???
remybussi.gif

I'm talking him into paying that $65 for dinner at MYTHOS! :earseek:

I am SO glad to hear that the fireworks will be happening! I was looking forward to them! That is IF I can keep my son up that late! :tongue:

Love that nickname for the paper, MIB!
laugh1.gif

If MsDisney, Robin, and Spider-Man are going to meet in the bathroom, make sure your meet is after I eat the utlimate burrito and use the facilities. :)

[/QUOTE] If MsDisney, Robin, and Spider-Man are going to meet in the bathroom, make sure your meet is after I eat the utlimate burrito and use the facilities.

Um...Barry?

When I met you, I had NO idea that you were the sort of person who would use the ladies' room...It's like a reverse Crying Game!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh MAN, Spidey was greeting inside of the queue today, as usual...and I had a VERY hard time NOT staring...um...well, let's just say, his costume fit him VERY nicely...and I'm wondering if he "stuffs" - but I don't really want to know! I don't even trust myself to take a photo with him, I'm afraid I'd grab his spidey butt! (can I SAY Spidey butt here??? :eek:)

Ooooohhhh, baby!!!!

Karen :D

uh, excuuuuuuuuuuse, me, Karen......

HANDS OFF!!! The "stuffing's" MINE! :D
<marquee>
spiderman.gif
kiss.gif
smash.gif
</marquee>

And thanks for the visual, Barry! :o

Oh My God, you guys are too funny. I never noticed spidey's "stuffing", now i am sure i wont be able to take my eyes off.

Patty

Patty,
If you're a living, breathing hetero-sexual female...then NO, you won't be able to take your eyes off of "it" !!!

And Robin...I didn't see YOUR name on it! :D (I would have noticed THAT, I'm sure!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: )

Karen

Put me down as a Storms' "stuffing" fan!
Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter