• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal Meal Pass & New Simpsons Restaurants?

aaronbynion

Earning My Ears
Me and my sis are going to Universal on the 29th of June and plan on getting the meal passes.

I tried searching and didn't find anything, at least that I could see, but does anyone know if the meal passes will work for the new Simpson's themed restaurants such as Moe's and Krusty Burger?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Me and my sis are going to Universal on the 29th of June and plan on getting the meal passes.

I tried searching and didn't find anything, at least that I could see, but does anyone know if the meal passes will work for the new Simpson's themed restaurants such as Moe's and Krusty Burger?

Thanks! :thumbsup2
Not as of now...only Louie's, Mel's and Monster's Cafe participate.

Maybe eventually they might one of those places but no time soon...they will be too popular.

I don't know how you could do just one as they are all connected in terms of how you pay. I have to go with the previous poster, this entire area only exists to get food and beverage sales, no way they ever go on the Meal Deal as it currently stands.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I figured prob not yet just wasn't sure...the thing that i'm thinking now is that even if they do add them to it in the future, they would probably raise the prices on the pass but that speculation of course!

Either way, still a good deal! :)

I don't know how you could do just one as they are all connected in terms of how you pay. I have to go with the previous poster, this entire area only exists to get food and beverage sales, no way they ever go on the Meal Deal as it currently stands.
I said maybe but who knows what will happen down the road. I don't...do you?

I said maybe but who knows what will happen down the road. I don't...do you?

Let's hope they do! I'd be first in line. It's an incredible deal if you don't mind the choices right now.

I'm just glad Universal fixed one of their biggest weaknesses and did so in a spectacular way. It removed quite possibly the "worst" (or at least the one most people avoided) counter service and replaced it with a whole bunch of incredible options that just so happen to perfectly tie in with the most popular television show of a generation. On top of that, the entire area is greatly themed (and will only get better once lagoon side done).

I'm looking forward to seeing how Duff Beer and Flaming Moes sales go. Butterbeer is like printing money, so much so that Disney just ripped it off thinking their guests would drink the copycat versions the same way. Didn't happen. Whether it's Butterbeer being better "tasting" or the fact that it has an actual connection to the Harry Potter property, nothing has approached it since it came out 3 years ago. Now here come two more drinks that many guests have dreamed/thought/hoped they would one day be able to try, and from all accounts they deliver. AND Flaming Moes has a unique concept that - like Butterbeer's foam head - is sure to be ripped off in the near future. If these two drinks (along with the food) bring in Potter type $$$ in sales, who knows what kind of things Universal will be able to do in the future.

Let's hope they do! I'd be first in line. It's an incredible deal if you don't mind the choices right now.

I'm just glad Universal fixed one of their biggest weaknesses and did so in a spectacular way. It removed quite possibly the "worst" (or at least the one most people avoided) counter service and replaced it with a whole bunch of incredible options that just so happen to perfectly tie in with the most popular television show of a generation. On top of that, the entire area is greatly themed (and will only get better once lagoon side done).

I'm looking forward to seeing how Duff Beer and Flaming Moes sales go. Butterbeer is like printing money, so much so that Disney just ripped it off thinking their guests would drink the copycat versions the same way. Didn't happen. Whether it's Butterbeer being better "tasting" or the fact that it has an actual connection to the Harry Potter property, nothing has approached it since it came out 3 years ago. Now here come two more drinks that many guests have dreamed/thought/hoped they would one day be able to try, and from all accounts they deliver. AND Flaming Moes has a unique concept that - like Butterbeer's foam head - is sure to be ripped off in the near future. If these two drinks (along with the food) bring in Potter type $$$ in sales, who knows what kind of things Universal will be able to do in the future.
:thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to seeing how Duff Beer and Flaming Moes sales go. Butterbeer is like printing money, so much so that Disney just ripped it off thinking their guests would drink the copycat versions the same way. Didn't happen. Whether it's Butterbeer being better "tasting" or the fact that it has an actual connection to the Harry Potter property, nothing has approached it since it came out 3 years ago.

Just a question - what is the drink offered by Disney that is supposed to be a knockoff of Butterbeer? I always think of Dole Whip when I think of a specific Disney concoction (not that I've had one). Now, I haven't been to WDW since 2009 - so be gentle on me. Last year was DL, and this year was our first onsite stay at Universal.

Not really a ripoff. More of an answer to it. It's call LaFous Brew. It is frozen apple juice with passion fruit foam. Same thing as Reds Apple Freeze in Carsland over at DCA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter