Universal increased ticket prices yesterday

Just bought our tickets for November on Tuesday. Although I doubt any increase by Disney would have broken the bank.

I was talking to a CM yesterday on the phone while making a reservation for BBB and she said that she could add tickets for me for our August trip. I hadn't bought them yet so I asked if she heard anything about ticket price increases and she said no but she would not be surprised if it happened before the end of February. I bought them while I was on the phone with her and now I am glad that I did.

So, we really don't know how long we have before it happens? Will there be any notice (like a day), or do the prices just go up?

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I want to purchase tickets in advance for our next few visits. I was hoping for a few short trips over the next year. I'm not so concerned if they go up a few dollars as they have in the past but the potential for a tiering system makes me nervous that it may end up being more than a few bucks this time around.

I had heard Universal jacked up the price for AP's a couple months ago so I looked it up and for my preferred AP I'm still in shock in that it looks like it went up about $70.For years I paid like $110,then it went up to $159 and now its about $230 and that's with the renewal discount of like $120,so I guess it's not that outrageous,but for years I always looked at my Universal AP as a cheap pass and its just not as cheap anymore.I sure do hope this increase will include the new water park when it opens.

Just curious what did universal 1 day tickets go to?? I looked 2 weeks ago and 1 day was at $147.

$155 for park to park tickets, $105 for single park tickets (and anything else is a lot less per day)

UT is still selling their stock of tickets at the old price.

omce they are depleted, they will sell the current ones that have the increase.

This may be a dumb question, but I will ask anyway because I can't really get a straight answer off of google. We aren't planning on going until April 2017. What exactly is the expiration date on tickets? If I were to buy tickets now (or, a couple at a time as money presents itself) would they end up expiring before we could use them? Or is the expiration date dependent upon the FIRST day that you actually use the tickets? Do any of my Universal guru's know??

This may be a dumb question, but I will ask anyway because I can't really get a straight answer off of google. We aren't planning on going until April 2017. What exactly is the expiration date on tickets? If I were to buy tickets now (or, a couple at a time as money presents itself) would they end up expiring before we could use them? Or is the expiration date dependent upon the FIRST day that you actually use the tickets? Do any of my Universal guru's know??

As long as you are not buying the buy two get one free tickets that expire this year, there is no expiry date. The expiry date is only dependent on the first day of usage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter