Universal in the rain?

Jajone

DIS Veteran
I am use to touring Disney in the rain and know what attractions stay open, but am clueless about Universal. We are considering just one day during our vacation week and have not bought tickets yet. If the day is a total rain out, will I have wasted my money? I know summer weather in Florida calls for rain daily so I am not talking about that. I am talking about an all day downpour day.

Most of the rides are inside in Universal. IOA has more outside attractions. Your day won’t be a loss. :)

All day downpours are extremely rare. If a day is supposed to be rainy most of the day, which still isn't common but can happen, then I plan the IOA side for when the chance of rain is smaller. For summer, I always start at IOA so I'm on the Studios side by the time the rain chance has increased.

Yes- all day rain is rare- unless there's some kind of tropical system in the area. I agree with @kohlby - start at IOA where there are many outdoor rides and move over to the Studios. I like to make a lunch reservation mid afternoon because if there is an afternoon storm, the restaurants get instantly packed! If you're a walk-in you'll have a long wait vs already having a reservation. But you don't need to plan in advance- we usually make our reservation either the night before or morning of online.

Don't run away from the rain, not only so many available options but it's warm. I loved walking through to puddles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter