Universal in December question...

Sally_fan

DIS Veteran
We will be in California in nearly December & plan to spend 1 of our days at Universal Studios. If you had to chose between Sunday (hours are 10-6) or any weekday (10-5) which would you chose? We originally thought Sunday as there is 1 extra hour but would that just be offset by a heavier weekend crowd? Also, does anyone know if there is anything Christmas-y that goes on either there or in City Walk on weekends in December that might influence our decision? Thanks! :)

Just read on their Facebook page that "Grinchmas" will start on Saturday the 11th. That makes me sad. :sad1: I love the Grinch, it's one of my all time favs.
Anyhow, now I am wondering if that would mean that the weekend before (4th & 5th) would just be like any other regular weekend? Is there alot more going on on the weekends in the park & in City Walk than through the week?
Also, do they decorate the park for Christmas? And if so, does anyone know when?

I would for sure pick the weekday even with the one hour less. Every attraction should be close to a walk on, and you should easily be done everything by about 3:30-4:00. From what I recall, there are a few decorations, but nothing even close to Disneylands. A giant sized Nut Cracker Doll is all I remember.

Thank you for your reply!!! :)
I am am pretty sure that is what we will do. We also want to have dinner in City Walk after the park closes & I am assuming that it will be less crowded there on a week night as well.
A giant nutcracker sounds rather amusing! Can't say I have ever seen that before! We haven't been in a few years so there is alot of new stuff for us to see (The Simpsons Ride, King Kong 3D the the rest of the rebuilt backlot sets) so I am really looking forward to it!!

A giant nutcracker sounds rather amusing! Can't say I have ever seen that before!

HaHa yes, the only reason it stands out is that we have a photo of our 7 year old(at the time) sitting under him with her arms streched upwards, it was so funny.

I highly reccomed the Saddle Ranch Chop House at the Citywalk. Everything was so delish!

HaHa yes, the only reason it stands out is that we have a photo of our 7 year old(at the time) sitting under him with her arms streched upwards, it was so funny.

I highly reccomed the Saddle Ranch Chop House at the Citywalk. Everything was so delish!

Well, if he's still there, we'll have to get a picture of him for sure! :rotfl:

Is the Chop House kid friendly? We have an 11 year old & a 9 year old. They will pretty much eat anything so menu isn't an issue.....just wondering if kids are welcome?

Yes, it is. We had DD with us and most tables were families. I think they get a lot of kids while Universal is open, and turns more into a party atmosphere much later. They even gave us a free dessert which was the biggest most delicious apple crumble I have ever had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter