Universal Hollywood with Grandparents

num1tigerfan

Mouseketeer
I was at UH about 7 years ago and was thinking of visiting again in May on our vacation.

I know this is a sore subject, but my parents are those that think they have to have to ECV electric scooters. I emailed the park and they stated they did not have ECV's only regular wheelchairs, but to head to the guest relations and they could get a handicap pass. Mom is heavy and I hate to admit it, but I really do not want to push her around all day.

My mother has had both knees replaced and does tire easily, but she does fine walking in our mall or at target without an ECV. Is it silly to try go to this park with them?

I took her to New Orleans in January and she fell and was hurt pretty bad while walking because Bourbon street were really cracked and uneven and she caught her toe.:sad2:

Any advice? My 20 yr old daughter & her BF really want to go here.:confused3

HELP:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I personally don't think it's silly to want to rent an ECV for doing a theme park. Visiting the Mall normally takes a lot less walking then a theme park, as the latter is normally more spread out, with long periods of time spent standing. I'm afraid I don't know the Californian parks very well, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were an external rental company that deals with ECV rentals. Do a quick Google search, and you should find some. If you want more information using an ECV, or ECV rentals, we'd be more than happy to help you over on the disABILITIES board! :thumbsup2

Hope this helps a bit! :goodvibes

Yes do a local rental!

US is built in the moutains and has two levels. It is not a level park and might cause issues. It has been a long time since I have visited the park, but the hilly part I remember.

definitely rent an ECV. it is hilly and there is a lost more walking than you would think.

agreed, not to mention all of those damn escalators, which are like 1 mile long!

Here is a picture of what VegasMike was referring too and I think there are couple more sections not in the picure. We try to do everything we want to on the lower level of the park when we are there cause it takes forever to get up or down.

Picture641.jpg

yeah that's what i'm talking about there's i think one more super big and long one too. never seen anything like it before, i found it quite amazing when i first seen it.

wow, thanks for that. I am amazed. I was there a long time ago and do not remember anything like that. Either I am getting old or it has changed! LOL

I will look into local rentals!:)

wow, thanks for that. I am amazed. I was there a long time ago and do not remember anything like that. Either I am getting old or it has changed! LOL

I will look into local rentals!:)

not sure if that's new or not but a lot of the stuff in that area below is the newer attractions like jurassic park and the mummy, my favorite two rides in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter