Universal guide book

All of which means that I hold a very special place in my heart for you guys and the tremendous support you have shown for me and the book over the years.

Thanks again!

I really appreciate the book! And all the research and care you put into writing it :) you can find plenty of WDW ones but one that covers Universal is rare and not nearly as in depth, so thank you for what you do for us fans!

Thank you Kelly for continuing to get these guides completed & published. I got the 2010 book a month ago and thought I would have to just deal with the WWOHP situation through other routes. So happy that your 2011 book will be out in plenty of time for our November trip, that it includes WWOHP, & that it is affordable on top of the 2010 book. Ordered it just now.

Thanks again! :yay:

Just pre-ordered.

(Speaking of issues with the book industry---you might want to think about making a kindle edition available, or perhaps in one of the other e-reader formats. Depending on how much more production effort is required, it could be another good outlet.)

Thanks to the books I've purchased here before, we found some things we never would have known about. . .like the Desert Lady and some go-cart tracks plus the largest McDonalds I've ever seen :goodvibes

I don't know if the 2011 edition mentions it but the Dessert Lady on Kirkman Road has gone out of business. We tried going there a couple of weeks ago and all we found was an empty storefront :eek:

The Church Street Station location is still open.

This is my first post.
Just had to say thank you for the book tip. I too placed an order for one.
This is a great site. We are planning a trip for next year. Either April or May. :woohoo:

This is my first post.
Just had to say thank you for the book tip. I too placed an order for one.
This is a great site. We are planning a trip for next year. Either April or May. :woohoo:
17.gif
to the boards! :thumbsup2

I'm going to pre-order one as well. Never been to Universal and we want to make the most of our time.
I second the Kindle edition suggestion!

I can't find the 2010 edition (looked today) so I'm looking forward to the new one hitting the stores. And paper for me please!

I don't know if the 2011 edition mentions it but the Dessert Lady on Kirkman Road has gone out of business.

Actually, the Dessert Lady has never been mentioned in the guidebook, although Lord knows I've raved about it here and elsewhere.

I too made the sad discovery you did. Yes, there's always Church Street, but it's a bit of a schlep.

Add me to the list of pre-orderers. On a whim at 11:30 last night I decided I NEED this book for our trip in March. I have read most of the Unofficial Guides to the 'other' place and use the touring plans. Does this book have something similiar for IOA/US? Is there anything like best/worst days of the week to go? I have only visited US (both FL & CA) but never IOA. Can't wait!! :cool1:

Add me to the list of pre-orderers. On a whim at 11:30 last night I decided I NEED this book for our trip in March. I have read most of the Unofficial Guides to the 'other' place and use the touring plans. Does this book have something similiar for IOA/US? Is there anything like best/worst days of the week to go? I have only visited US (both FL & CA) but never IOA. Can't wait!! :cool1:

There are some touring suggestions but Universal doesn't require the kind o military campaign like planning you need to get thru WDW. That's especially true if you stay on site and if you can swing it I highly recommend that you do. We also mention best/worst days but, honestly?, things can change for so many reasons that there's really no predicting.

One thing's pretty certain though: WWoHP will be packed for the foreseeable future!

The new 2011 edition of "Universal Orlando: The Ultimate Guide..." will ship from the printer next Wednesday (Aug. 18), which means we should get them here at our office by as early as the 23rd or 24th.

We have envelopes ready to go for everyone who took advantage of the half-off pre-publication offer and everyone here will pitch in to make sure they get to the post office as soon as possible. (BTW, we'll probably take that offer down when the books ship.)

If you are worried that this schedule will get the book to you too late for an upcoming trip to Universal, send me a PM with your travel plans. We might be able to send the book to you in Orlando. I can't promise anything except that we'll give it our best shot.

Once again, many thanks for your super vote of confidence.

17.gif
to the boards! :thumbsup2

Agreed!!!!!:thumbsup2

There are some touring suggestions but Universal doesn't require the kind o military campaign like planning you need to get thru WDW. That's especially true if you stay on site and if you can swing it I highly recommend that you do. We also mention best/worst days but, honestly?, things can change for so many reasons that there's really no predicting.

One thing's pretty certain though: WWoHP will be packed for the foreseeable future!

This is one of the reasons we want to do Universal as opposed to WDW, we're looking for a more relaxed vacation. WDW takes up so much energy, you need a vacation from your vacation when you get back haha!

The new 2011 edition of "Universal Orlando: The Ultimate Guide..." will ship from the printer next Wednesday (Aug. 18), which means we should get them here at our office by as early as the 23rd or 24th.

We have envelopes ready to go for everyone who took advantage of the half-off pre-publication offer and everyone here will pitch in to make sure they get to the post office as soon as possible. (BTW, we'll probably take that offer down when the books ship.)

If you are worried that this schedule will get the book to you too late for an upcoming trip to Universal, send me a PM with your travel plans. We might be able to send the book to you in Orlando. I can't promise anything except that we'll give it our best shot.

DISers get first shipping priority, right? :lmao: just kidding!

Thanks so much for coming and talking about your book too, it is sooo appreciated that someone has a book like this out there for more than JUST Disney.

Another question: Do any of you have any suggestions on a good book for Seaworld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens? I'm just looking for anything that can tell me about the places, best ways to get there, etc. Something to tie me over until we actually leave haha!

Another question: Do any of you have any suggestions on a good book for Seaworld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens? I'm just looking for anything that can tell me about the places, best ways to get there, etc. Something to tie me over until we actually leave haha!

I have very good news for you! I highly recommend Kelly Monaghan's SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and Aquatica: Orlando's Salute to the Seas! It even has a bonus Busch Garden Africa in Tampa chapter -- sounds like exactly what you are looking for! :thumbsup2

Maria :upsidedow

Oh my! I'm leaving Sunday August 29th. Hopefully I'll get it just in time for my trip. Thanks!:cool1:

Kelly

I can't send a Pm as you suggested as I only have 4 posts, this is 5. We leave on Aug 26th for our first visit to US and I would love to get the 1/2 price offer and shipped to my resort. Is this still possible? I wll try to post to get up to 10 to PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter