Universal Goes to Seasonal Pricing

IronFozzie

Mouseketeer
It's being reported that Universal Orlando has gone to a seasonal pricing structure for their one day tickets when purchased at the park. When purchasing a one day ticket at the park gates Guests will be met with an increased price based on the season and projected attendance similar to the ticketing structures at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Universal Hollywood. Tickets purchased online will remain at the original price and are currently not subject to seasonal pricing. Tickets purchased prior to this change will remain valid without any additional purchase required. As of now there has not been a calendar released of when tickets are expected to be higher prices, but I would expect the summer months and holiday season to be the biggest price hikes. Tickets purchased at the park today will cost $169 for a one day park to park ticket for adults ($164 for children) and $119 for a one day base ticket for adults ($114 for children).

Hmm..less than 4 months after their price-hike?? Where did you hear this? I could see them adopting it to Universal Orlando but I wouldn't think they would adopt the structure for this year. I could see them implementing it for their price adjustment next year.

I'm not sure it will really effect that many people. Many Guests purchase their tickets online either same day or a couple of days in advance. This update does not effect the online pricing, just the gate price.

It's interesting that's it's the exact opposite pricing plan than Universal Hollywood. At Universal Hollywood, if you buy in person you are required to buy a good any day ticket at the most expensive price. If you buy online, you can choose to pay a lower price based on what day you go. At Universal Orlando, the good any day online is the cheapest price. If you wait until you arrive at the park, how much extra you'll pay depends on when you go. Here's what's currently showing up on the website.

upload_2016-5-29_17-36-16.png

If you were caught off guard, you could always buy your ticket online from your smartphone in front of the park for kiosk pickup.

$155!!! That's as much as a 1 day MK ticket!!! I knew Universal would put theirs up to match Disney!!

$155!!! That's as much as a 1 day MK ticket!!! I knew Universal would put theirs up to match Disney!!
Actually Universal raised their prices on 2/10/16 which was BEFORE Disney did...http://www.disboards.com/threads/universal-ticket-price-increase-2-10-2016.3482933/

So a 1-day park to park has been $155 since 2/10/16. The difference now is at Universal Orlando if you wait to buy your 1-day ticket at the gate the price depends on the day you go. That's where the "Currently gate price is $169 adult/$164 child" part shown on the website is meaning.

Actually Universal raised their prices on 2/10/16 which was BEFORE Disney did...http://www.disboards.com/threads/universal-ticket-price-increase-2-10-2016.3482933/

So a 1-day park to park has been $155 since 2/10/16. The difference now is at Universal Orlando if you wait to buy your 1-day ticket at the gate the price depends on the day you go. That's where the "Currently gate price is $169 adult/$164 child" part shown on the website is meaning.

Aaah. Now I understand.

If you were caught off guard, you could always buy your ticket online from your smartphone in front of the park for kiosk pickup.
The only issue with this, is purchasing your tickets online can take up to 12 hours to fully process. So if you're standing in line and make your order to pick up at the will call kiosks it may not be ready until the next day due to processing times. (There's still a real person that processes the order in most cases.)

those multi day tix are close to AP cost. let's just hope the AP prices/renewal rates don't take a big bounce too

The AP renewals took a big bounce a couple of months ago. The Power Pass went from $139 to renew to $187.
yes, we are preferred. I paid $180-something last year to renew. It's up to $230-$250+, but certainly in the same ballpark as a 4 day ticket.

I don't mind the bite as much as our 'discounted' WDW AP cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter