Universal for seniors?

Partyof12

Mouseketeer
We are seniors who will be going to Universal in April. We both have bad backs so want to avoid jerky rides and also roller coaster type rides. Which rides should we avoid? What do you think we would enjoy? Thanks for your help.

We are seniors who will be going to Universal in April. We both have bad backs so want to avoid jerky rides and also roller coaster type rides. Which rides should we avoid? What do you think we would enjoy? Thanks for your help.

My mom has a bad back also, and she went to Universal Studios before IOA was built, and loved it. At US, I would suggest Twister, as it is not really a ride, but a show. Jaws doesn't really have anything that would hurt you, but you might get a little wet. I don't know if you like cartoon movies or not, but we all enjoyed Shrek 4D. ET is a really cute ride that is not at all jerky.

I would definitely stay away from Revenge of the Mummy if you want to avoid rollercoaster rides.

Men in Black Alien Attack is really fun; if you have been to WDW and ridden Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin, it is along the same lines, but it blows it out of the water, the only thing I would worry about with it, is that it does some spinning.

At Islands of Adventure, you would probably enjoy Poseidon's Fury, and the Eighth Voyage of Sinbad. There are two obvious ones for you to avoid, and that would be Hulk and Dueling Dragons. Another one would be Jurrasic Park River Adventure, and that would only be if you can't take a long drop. Also Dudley Doright's Ripsaw Falls would probably be too intense.

Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges probably wouldn't bother you, but you will get soaked.

Alright, someone else come on and help me with this. I know there must be some I've left off and some of you may have differences of opinions.

hmmm, party-line from the park & your dr. would be to avoid most of the good ones.

I've got cervical disc issues; but still enjoyed most of the parks rides.

Def. avoid The Mummy (almost lost my noggin - oww; extreme jerky dark ride with unsuspecting wild mouse-like turns). It's a shame 'cause the themeing is extraordinary!

Do suggest you bring your meds;) ; little muscle relaxant goes a long way to correcting the days' damage (better living thru chemistry):thumbsup2 .

Well, my mom's 55 with a bad hip and knee; my hubby is 35 and has a very bad back; I'm 35 and have a bad neck and suffer from motion sickness. We're quite the trio, eh?

Here are the rides we're able to go on:

US

Shrek 4-D (sometimes we need the stationary seats if our ailments are acting up)
Twister
Earthquake
Jaws
MIB (although the part of the ride that spins you sometimes sets off my vertigo)
Fear Factor show
Animal Planet show
ET
Terminator

IOA

Spiderman
Popeye's Barge ride (we go on this dozens of times!)
Jurrasic Park (if we're feeling particularly brave)
Other flume ride in Cartoon Land (if we're feeling particularly brave)
Sinbad show
Poseidon's Fury
Little Seuss trolley ride

Add to these rides the incredible theming of both parks, the shopping, the food & drink, the character interaction, we always have very full and fun days at both parks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter