Universal FAQ's

the outside of the park guest services opens at least 30 minutes prior to park opening.

kiosk pick up could be quicker than will call.

the outside of the park guest services opens at least 30 minutes prior to park opening.

kiosk pick up could be quicker than will call.

Thanks for the info! Can you tell me where the kiosk machine is for both parks, as not sure which will be our first park? Are the AP's plastic cards or paper? How do the kiosks work? I'm just used to getting a voucher in the mail and picking up an AP at guest services in WDW...completely clueless to how US works lol.

Thanks for the info! Can you tell me where the kiosk machine is for both parks, as not sure which will be our first park? Are the AP's plastic cards or paper? How do the kiosks work? I'm just used to getting a voucher in the mail and picking up an AP at guest services in WDW...completely clueless to how US works lol.
The kiosks are outside the park gates at both parks. Look for Will Call and you'll go to the kiosks, insert the credit card used for the transaction and type in the confirmation number given. The tickets will print out and you can go directly to the gates. The APs look like regular tickets...not plastic.

The kiosks are outside the park gates at both parks. Look for Will Call and you'll go to the kiosks, insert the credit card used for the transaction and type in the confirmation number given. The tickets will print out and you can go directly to the gates. The APs look like regular tickets...not plastic.

Thanks! One more question from a "newbie"...my DH is a "worrywort" and may want to get in line ASAP. If we get the Fed Ex option ($14 shipping), will they send us the actual AP's which can be brought straight to the turnstiles or do we have to stop at guest services first? Just trying to save some time.

I know there is an area where you can see what discounts were offered at WDW in the past .. is there a similar one for Universal? We're looking to go after a cruise next spring and wasn't sure if there will be anything offered in the upcoming months.

We are going to visit in October and because we have not been there in about 5 years I thought I would do some research here to find out some basic info. About 4 years ago I bought $99 7 day park to park tickets that I have had in the safe. In reading here I see a lot of talk of "upgrading" tickets.
What are you upgrading to or adding?
Will I need to upgrade these tickets?

Thanks!

It is generally for the Harry Potter sections but often there can be other rides included. You'll have to ask when you are there.

How is early entry working since DA opened? I am sure the answer is here but I just can't find it. We are staying on site (Portifino) 4 nights 3 days. Is early entry Studios only? Do the parks alternate EE days? Can you choose which park?

I've been so busy mapping, diagraming, spreadsheeting, note-taking, for WDW, I've just realized I've done nothing to plan for USO - and it's a significant part of the trip!

How is early entry working since DA opened? I am sure the answer is here but I just can't find it. We are staying on site (Portifino) 4 nights 3 days. Is early entry Studios only? Do the parks alternate EE days? Can you choose which park?

I've been so busy mapping, diagraming, spreadsheeting, note-taking, for WDW, I've just realized I've done nothing to plan for USO - and it's a significant part of the trip!

When are you going? We just left Portofino. Had two days at the parks. We slept in, hit the parks about 11 or noon and barely even used our express passes. Most lines were 10-20 minutes. With our Express Passes everything was a walk on (except the HP exclusions). Minions got up to 50minutes and Gringots was never more than 60 minutes. Harry Potter stuff was busy but we never even considered we would need EE. The hotel staff did talk like it was just for Harry Potter.

When are you going? We just left Portofino. Had two days at the parks. We slept in, hit the parks about 11 or noon and barely even used our express passes. Most lines were 10-20 minutes. With our Express Passes everything was a walk on (except the HP exclusions). Minions got up to 50minutes and Gringots was never more than 60 minutes. Harry Potter stuff was busy but we never even considered we would need EE. The hotel staff did talk like it was just for Harry Potter.

We're going the 3 days after thanksgiving. Eeek. I think we'll need our early entry and express pass.

New question - havent been to US/IOA in many years, but still have one, or possibly two days left over on our passes as they were non-expiring, 3 day park to park tickets. Where should we go to check number of days left on our tickets? They are paper tickets. I don't want to waste a lot of time getting into the park on the morning we go, is there a way to check in advance? We will be there the week of April 13th.

New question - havent been to US/IOA in many years, but still have one, or possibly two days left over on our passes as they were non-expiring, 3 day park to park tickets. Where should we go to check number of days left on our tickets? They are paper tickets. I don't want to waste a lot of time getting into the park on the morning we go, is there a way to check in advance? We will be there the week of April 13th.

Best bet is to go to Guest Relations, available to the right at each park.

Are the prices for express pass a good indication of what guest traffic is going to be like? On the Sunday before July 4th week starts, a 1 park express pass is $59, as opposed to the weekdays following ranging from 69 to 99.

Figured it wouldn't be as busy on a weekday that week, but is this a good gage on a better day to go (on a Sunday especially)?

Yes, the express cost is a good way to estimate expected crowds.

Thanks. But, arg. Plans just changed.
Might be going a different day.

Is it really realistic to think the parks would be less crowded on the weekend of july 11-12 than on a weekday during that time?
Again, just basing this off of the express pass being 69 on the weekend and 99 on the weekdays.

Basically, I'm asking if I should go on a weekday or weekend. I know it's crowded regardless, but trying wondering if its worth paying 69 for express when I get go on a weekday where I dont need it at all.

I'm going with 2 family members and trying to cut down on wait times if possible :D

if the airmiles 7 day ticket were free, don't know how they can be upgraded to an ap.
check with guest services for current policy about that.

if the airmiles 7 day ticket were free, don't know how they can be upgraded to an ap.
check with guest services for current policy about that.
Is there a number I can call or e-mail before I go? I would like to know before I plan as I'm trying to figure out what to do for 14 nights (don't want to do Disney this time).

If I were to buy express passes for a specific day in advance, but for whatever reason can't go to the park that day, can I still use the express passes for a different day (provided I pay the difference if it costs more)?
I'm assuming it's non-refundable in any case, right? or no?

nonrefundable means you are out of the money if you don't use them.

wait and buy them when you get into the park.
if you go and it pours rain, you won't even need to buy them that day.

If I were to buy express passes for a specific day in advance, but for whatever reason can't go to the park that day, can I still use the express passes for a different day (provided I pay the difference if it costs more)?
I'm assuming it's non-refundable in any case, right? or no?

EP are date specific and non refundable.

It's why we always tell people not to buy them in advance. Sometimes you won't need them so it's better to wait and see.

And of course sometimes plans change, so no you wouldn't be able to use them for another day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter