Universal FAQ's

Sorry. More questions from newbie here. Since someone suggested that Sunday is a good day for us to visit US/IOA in June 2013, which park should we do first? We are a family of six: me, dh and four dd ages 14,13, 8 and 6. We want to be able to see most of the must see attractions at both parks. Dh and I aren't harry potter fans but my teenage daughters would probably want to see it. I'm open to seeing the Harry potter castle but wouldn't be crushed if we could ride the rides since my youngest one probably wouldn't be tall enough to ride those rides. Anyway any suggestions on touring the two parks will be appreciated by the first time newbie here. Thanks!

If the Transformers ride is open by then, the dynamics of the two parks will be different. If Transformers is open, it is probably a good idea to do IOA first since most people will be heading to USF. The parks will be open a bit longer in early June, so at least you will get a full day. The Wizarding World is really nice and night and it might be a good idea to leave it until later.

Hi Everyone! We just got back from our Disney Trip last weekend. We had a great time. We would now like to visit Universal Studios, Island of Adventure and Sea World next October. We would like to stay in a hotel that has a full service kitchen. I would like to make most of our meals. Can anyone help me. Is it better to stay closer to Universal or is is better to stay closer to Sea World? Are the Orlando Flex Tickets a good deal? Any suggestions and help are much appreciated! I feel that I really do not know a lot about either parks. Thanks again!

Hi Everyone! We just got back from our Disney Trip last weekend. We had a great time. We would now like to visit Universal Studios, Island of Adventure and Sea World next October. We would like to stay in a hotel that has a full service kitchen. I would like to make most of our meals. Can anyone help me. Is it better to stay closer to Universal or is is better to stay closer to Sea World? Are the Orlando Flex Tickets a good deal? Any suggestions and help are much appreciated! I feel that I really do not know a lot about either parks. Thanks again!

if you plan to spend most of your vacation at the darkside, then chose a hotel near UO.
likewise with Seaworld and other venues nearby.

flex tickets.......depends on how many days you plan for the parks that are included for the price. and, how many days you will be spending in orlando.

offsite hotel with a full kitchen........
this question is out of my league.
i don't cook, clean, do laundry or think about those type of things while on vacation...:laughing:

Just wanting to confirm - (I'm new to Universal Orlando)
We plan to stay at HRH and the opening time in December is listed as 8:00 am. So by staying on property, we will be able to enter the park at 7:00 am?

If this is true, would we be able to get through HP wizardry rides in time to be there at the 3 Broomsticks for a breakfast reservation?
Thanks For your help!
:wizard:

iuelliott said:
Just wanting to confirm - (I'm new to Universal Orlando)
We plan to stay at HRH and the opening time in December is listed as 8:00 am. So by staying on property, we will be able to enter the park at 7:00 am?

If this is true, would we be able to get through HP wizardry rides in time to be there at the 3 Broomsticks for a breakfast reservation?
Thanks For your help!
:wizard:

Yes, and yes. I'd make the reservation for around 9:30a or so--that would leave you ample time to do "everything" in WWoHP before you eat.

I am going next April with the family , for the kids the Neal Deal looks the best option as we have an 11 year old human garbage can:rotfl2:Does evryone have to get in line for their meal or can one person go up with the bands ?? Also what are the lines like at the 3 restaurant you have to choose from ??

I am going next April with the family , for the kids the Neal Deal looks the best option as we have an 11 year old human garbage can:rotfl2:Does evryone have to get in line for their meal or can one person go up with the bands ?? Also what are the lines like at the 3 restaurant you have to choose from ??

One wristband per person, one meal at a time per wristband. If your son is the big eater you might want to just get a meal deal for him and everyone else can split a meal. The lines are long and slow, which discourages multiple trips.

I have a time share at HGVC. They now have 3 properties in Orlando. The Sea World property is the oldest but is closest to Universal. These feature a full kitchen, washer/dryer, king size beds in master w/ a jacuzzi bath tub big enough for two! :lovestruc

A one bedroom sleeps 4, a two bedroom 6, a 3 bedroom 8. You could go on a "vacation" deal and yes, have to spend a morning viewing their TS info, but the room is so much better than a regular motel room.

Another option is the Homewood Suites. They have small kitchens where you can cook a meal. Frige, stove, MW, reg oven, cabinets and a dining table. They also have a good breakfast bar and evening reception.

Sea World and Universal are about 3 miles of each other. Any place within a mile or two would be close.

We are going to Universal mid-december. Mainly to do HP. My boys are 19 & 20 and are big HP fans!

Have FUN!

Jacquelyn :thumbsup2

Hello, we are headed to Orlando June 4th-12th and are planning on visiting Universal for the first time. There are five of us (the kids are 11, 9 and 2) and we have set aside two days for Universal. We are not planning on getting park to park tickets at this time, though we haven't purchased any tickets yet. We are planning on adding express pass to speed things up.

We are early risers and have never had problems making it to the disney gates about 15 minutes before they open. My question is if we do the same at Universal, and only tour one park per day, about what time would we possibly be heading back to Disney? I'm trying to plan dinner for those nights, as well as decide how many days we need on our Disney tickets.

Thanks in advance, this thread is great!

Hello, we are headed to Orlando June 4th-12th and are planning on visiting Universal for the first time. There are five of us (the kids are 11, 9 and 2) and we have set aside two days for Universal. We are not planning on getting park to park tickets at this time, though we haven't purchased any tickets yet. We are planning on adding express pass to speed things up.

We are early risers and have never had problems making it to the disney gates about 15 minutes before they open. My question is if we do the same at Universal, and only tour one park per day, about what time would we possibly be heading back to Disney? I'm trying to plan dinner for those nights, as well as decide how many days we need on our Disney tickets.

Thanks in advance, this thread is great!

i am assuming you are staying off site.

do not buy the express passes until you are in the parks.
you might not need them.

if it rains, the parks clear out quickly.

you can buy the epp at the stores or guest services while you are in the park if you decide they are needed.

the epp are non refundable and date/park related.
if you decide to change days around for when you will visit the darkside and have ordered/paid for your epp in advance, you will be out of luck.

since the parks will already have the hotel guests inside, be at the gate for entrance 30 minutes prior.

what time to leave the parks i can't answer for you.
check out www.citywalk.com for restaurant menus in case you want dinner at UO after you leave the park.

hth

Hi, I have a quick question about visiting Islands of Adventure at the end of January. On the crowd calendar for Tuesday the 29th it shows IOA in red. Any ideas why would it be the busiest on every Tuesday?

Hi, I have a quick question about visiting Islands of Adventure at the end of January. On the crowd calendar for Tuesday the 29th it shows IOA in red. Any ideas why would it be the busiest on every Tuesday?

no idea.

that site listed red for ioa when i went in october and it was not accurate at all for my dates.

We have gone twice now our dates were in early Dec first year we went on tuesdays and is was crazy quite nearly saw anyone ... So second year thought to try tuesday again and yup dead walk on for most of the day my vote is :thumbsup2 get there 30 mins prior to park open and hit the headliners you'll be good to go pixiedust:

Heading to Universal very soon :) We are unsure if we want to spend one or two days. Ideally, we'd like to go with the flow and see if at the end of the first day if we need another day. Is it possible to buy a one day park-to-park and extend it. Especially saving $20 like it says on the website.

Heading to Universal very soon :) We are unsure if we want to spend one or two days. Ideally, we'd like to go with the flow and see if at the end of the first day if we need another day. Is it possible to buy a one day park-to-park and extend it. Especially saving $20 like it says on the website.

yes, you can upgrade while you are in the park that day with the one or park to park one day ticket.

upgrade at the shops that offer it or at guest services.

easy to add the second day which will also be a park to park ticket.

I haven't been to US/IOA in about 16 years (honeymoon). We have twin boys that are 11. One is autistic and they both have food allergies ( one is allergic to gluten and dairy, while the other is allergic to dairy and eggs).

The question is: will there be things for them to eat while in Universal or do we have to bring our own food?

We have been to Disney with them and know how they are treated there. Can we expect the same from Universal?

The allergy food situation is not as good as Disney but I've had very good treatment at Uni. In IOA I eat at 3 broomsticks and in Uni I eat at the Monsters Cafe. They have info at most f the snack carts too. I stick to the refillable popcorn and prepackaged snack stuff though. I try and stick to places that offer lots of choices and seem to have full kitchens so they have options for me. The chefs talk to me and either pull safe items from the back or cook fresh without whatever is an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter