'UNIVERSAL EDITION' discussion.

I always assume so too. They clearly really like each other. I love the constant joking around they do with each other, it is part of what makes the show great. Especially when JL is in the background indulgently wondering what to do with the two of them. They 3 of them work wonderfully bouncing off each other and I think there is genuine affection all around. (Nothing sexual though!)

When I was planning my wedding I kept getting ads for both wedding dresses and divorce lawyers. Funny old Google.
Yes. And I think I figured out why I was getting these ads. Last week, I went online for Lee Valley Tools. Its an incredible Ottawa-based merchant that has unique gardening, household but also woodworking tools. Hence the boring bits. I thought it was an ad for mining equipment (shows how little I know). It was an ad for woodworking drill bits.

I love the constant joking around they do with each other, it is part of what makes the show great.
Jadeey, do you guys listen to Hamish and Andy over there?
Craig and Shaun used to remind me so much of them... 2 mates just having a laugh, picking on one another, lots of personal jokes shining through.
And Craig and Ryno are now fitting that bill too.
Hamish and Andy are pretty big radio stars over here, and I love their chemistry and shenanery. It's awesome that the boys are similar to this on the Universal show!

Jadeey, do you guys listen to Hamish and Andy over there?
Craig and Shaun used to remind me so much of them... 2 mates just having a laugh, picking on one another, lots of personal jokes shining through.
And Craig and Ryno are now fitting that bill too.
Hamish and Andy are pretty big radio stars over here, and I love their chemistry and shenanery. It's awesome that the boys are similar to this on the Universal show!

Yep, we listen to Hamish and Andy here. It's a bit weird though because we just get reruns (is it still called that when it is radio?) of their show playing on the weekends, but I love them. I totally see the similarities.

I was so sad when Shaun left because that teasing back and forth was so great to listen to, I'm really glad Craig has a similar relationship with Ryno.

I really try to listen and be a fan but I don't get some of the jokes and I find myself turning it off mid way though. I love a good laugh especially when John and Kevin are doing resturant reviews, etc. however when Ryno starts with the movie quotes or they get off topic, I feel like I am missing some kind of inside joke and just turn it off. I try and listen weekly but don't think I have been able to get through a full podcast in the past few months.

I really try to listen and be a fan but I don't get some of the jokes and I find myself turning it off mid way though. I love a good laugh especially when John and Kevin are doing resturant reviews, etc. however when Ryno starts with the movie quotes or they get off topic, I feel like I am missing some kind of inside joke and just turn it off. I try and listen weekly but don't think I have been able to get through a full podcast in the past few months.

Waaaat?
Uni Edition, for me anyways, is essential listening/viewing!

I get ever reference, tho...but I think I'd still enjoy it even if I didn't (its not like the whole show is a big inside joke or anything).

Having moved far away from home, I really miss my family and friends who are sarcastic and enjoy messing with each other. Listening to this show each week feel like hearing from old friends. I love it.

This was the first one of the Dis shows I really got into. I started listening as part of my planning for my first trip and listening to Craig talk about how much he appreciates Universal has made me really excited about going. I thought the HP stuff would be cool, but now I am looking forward to seeing everything they have to offer. I've listened to all the Universal shows and can't get enough.

Thanks Craig, Ryno, and JL and keep up the good work. :disrocks:

I feel like I am missing some kind of inside joke
I can relate to this. I only get about half of the film references and maybe 75% of the jokes. Part of it may be generational (I'm in my 40s) and part cultural (I'd get classic film references and even some of the obscure ones like from "Baby" the McGoohan Disney vehicle) but some of the films released post 2000 I haven't seen. I accept this graciously as a learning opportunity. I ain't dead yet. Where else would I be able to hang out with 20-something males & not feel like Mommy. :-) Or wierdly worse.

I don't get many of the film references but I still find the show hilarious at times and just love it for the fact
they are discussing one of my favourite places in the world!

2i9o6rq.jpg

I feel so badly for JL... First she deals with Larry and Curley, then her eye. I hope she gets better soon

Straight off the heels of 'The Trip' thread, I feel the Universal show needs it's own space.

Out of all the Dis shows, this is my fav. I miss(ed?) Shaun when he was booted, but it quickly grew into a great match between the 3 of them (4 when dustin was there).

Also, remember when Julie was an occasional guest star? :D

I will admit...it took a while for me to adjust to the dynamic of this team, but it's quickly become one of my favorites along with the The Trip (R.I.P).
When I became I regular listener, I remember hearing Craig make the announcement that Julie would no longer be appearing on the show and I thought...well that's odd.

It took me listening ALL the way back to find out she was an occasional part of the team.

I posted a while back that I think this team is really hitting it's stride and the St. Patricks episode was the first "laugh till it hurts" episode for me. I'm curious to see what happens when they add whomever Pete hires from the FB job posting.

Julie probably isn't on anymore because she (i assume) wasn't as informed or cared to explore Universal as the other 3 (i'm just basing that off of her not knowing much of whatever they would be talking about when she was on).
I guess it wasn't necessary.

I would like another ladies only show, tho. They haven't done that in a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter