• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal’s Superstar Parade and Cinematic Spectacular:UPDATE

Test runs started already, we were there last week and every night had a test run. :thumbsup2

Were these the test runs that happened during park hours, or were they testing the show after the park closed?

I know they have been testing the show for nearly 2 weeks now, but from everything I have heard, it is after the guests leave the parks. The only thing people have been able to see (and take video of) is the fireworks. The fireworks are just a small portion of the show.

Sometime this week they were going to do a test run of the show with guests still inside the park, making it the first time guests got to see the water effects and fire effects along with the music and fireworks.

So, were you able to see the WHOLE show or just the fireworks?

Were these the test runs that happened during park hours, or were they testing the show after the park closed?

I know they have been testing the show for nearly 2 weeks now, but from everything I have heard, it is after the guests leave the parks. The only thing people have been able to see (and take video of) is the fireworks. The fireworks are just a small portion of the show.

Sometime this week they were going to do a test run of the show with guests still inside the park, making it the first time guests got to see the water effects and fire effects along with the music and fireworks.

So, were you able to see the WHOLE show or just the fireworks?

Yes, you are correct! It was after the parks closed. Very excited to see the whole show.:)

So will the parks adjust the hours for a later closing? At this point when we're planning on being at US/IOA May 30 and 31 the park closes at 8PM...I thought the show would be starting at 9PM. :confused3

Most likely the park hours will change for SOME dates. For example, the first three Fridays in May, the park is set to close at 6pm (for some odd reason). I can't see the show opening on May 8th only to have it not be shown on Friday of the same week.

However, keep in mind that parks having nighttime shows sometimes close the park before the show takes place. A good example of this is Disneyland with the World of Color show. Some nights (during the off-season), the park will close at 8pm and then World of Color will take place at 8:45. This allows them to cut back on paying more staff than needed. Why keep the park open until 9pm when most of the park guests will be finding spots to watch the show roughly 30 minutes before showtime?

By looking at the current hours, I can see them extending May 11th, 18th, 22nd and 23rd to 8pm and then having the show take place between 8:30 and 9:00pm. The latest the sun sets in May (in Orlando) is 8:18pm, so it will be dark enough to have the show. When June comes around and the park is open till 9:00pm every night, I except the show to start at 9:00pm.

Of course, Universal can (and most likely will) change the park hours. These hours were created months ago before they had a "firm" start date for the show. Now they a date has been set, they can change the park hours to fit the ends of the show and crowd levels that the show will bring.

Most likely the park hours will change for SOME dates. However, keep in mind that parks having nighttime shows sometimes close the park before the show takes place.
Of course, Universal can (and most likely will) change the park hours. These hours were created months ago before they had a "firm" start date for the show. Now they a date has been set, they can change the park hours to fit the ends of the show and crowd levels that the show will bring.

Thanks, that makes sense! In another post, the estimated time for the show is 8PM for May 29 and 30. If that time sticks, I can't imagine the show would be near as good as it would in the dark....I guess we'll see. :)

We were planning on being at Universal on 5/8, so this will work out handsomely :thumbsup2

Anyone have any idea on the time of the nighttime show??

We planned on going that day too! Hope it won't suddenly become busy now. We picked a Tuesday since those are usually one of the slower days.

I find it strange that they are opening the show on a Tuesday! :confused3 We will be there May 3-6. Does anyone think that they will have a soft opening/ be running tests still?

Also, the reason why the parks close at 6 on May 4 is because of GradBash but I don't know why it closes so early on the other days.

We have spectacular news, fans! The first preview of Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories was last night! The new nighttime show highlights 100 years of the most fun, dramatic & awe-inspiring moments in film on cutting-edge waterfall screens in the Universal Studios lagoon. While previews have begun, the show will only run on select nights until its official grand opening on May 8.

Great for those that will be there prior to grand opening! :thumbsup2

We have spectacular news, fans! The first preview of Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: 100 Years of Movie Memories was last night! The new nighttime show highlights 100 years of the most fun, dramatic & awe-inspiring moments in film on cutting-edge waterfall screens in the Universal Studios lagoon. While previews have begun, the show will only run on select nights until its official grand opening on May 8.

Great for those that will be there prior to grand opening! :thumbsup2

YAY!!
We'll be there April 28th and 29th. The 28th is a grad night so it won't run then, but maybe there's some hope for the 29th:)

If not, we'll be back in August.:)

YAY!!
We'll be there April 28th and 29th. The 28th is a grad night so it won't run then, but maybe there's some hope for the 29th:)

I think you're going to have to wait until August...don't plan around the show since it may or may it run on 4/29.

YAY!!

Always a chance! Hope you get to see it. :) We'll be back in August also and really looking forward to catching this.

Hopefully it will be running Sunday night, as my AP expires next Tuesday. Any chance on it running Sunday?

Thanks everyone:)
I won't plan around it but I'll keep an eye out. If they run it that night it will be a nice bonus. If not, then it's something new to see on our summer trip!

By the way... 4 MORE SLEEPS TO GO!!!:banana:

Fingers crssoed for a preview show! We will be there April 29-May 3! REALLY want to be able to see it!:thumbsup2

The parade is now in soft openings, and will be going every day until Tuesday when it officially Grand Opens. It's not only going to be a parade, but it will also be a series of smaller shows throughout the day leading up to the parade. It's got tons of fun characters. Check out a preview from yesterday

The parade is now in soft openings, and will be going every day until Tuesday when it officially Grand Opens. It's not only going to be a parade, but it will also be a series of smaller shows throughout the day leading up to the parade. It's got tons of fun characters. Check out a preview from yesterday

Seems like Block Bash Party. Looks pretty good (minus HOP)!

Any idea as to when and where the smaller shows throughout the day will take place? Just wondering'...'cuz I know Number One son is gonna want to know!

Any idea as to when and where the smaller shows throughout the day will take place? Just wondering'...'cuz I know Number One son is gonna want to know!

13 different shows will happen in the streets of Hollywood. That ranges from Lucy a Tribute all the way to the Horror Make Up Show. As for times, they haven't started with the smaller shows yet, and we don't know for sure. Chances are it will be every 30 minutes they will roll out a new set of characters and a new show. It will be on the show guides though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter