United Time Change Question. Please Help.

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

After a cruise I had a noon flight booked. United just changed it to
5:00 pm. Im going to call them tomorrow when I get to work. 5:00 pm absolutely is awful.

Although Ill try to move to an earlier flight, wondering if I can move my flight to the next day without penalty or do I just need to stay within the day I booked. If I can move to the next day, may look at cruise options for a full week not six nights that I currently have but would need to price it all out.

My flight that Im talking about is on February 6, 2016.

Thank you.

With such a significant schedule change, call United Airlines. A reservationist will help you find new flights that meet your needs or will provide a full refund, even on nonrefundable tickets.

A full refund can be useful if another airline has the time and fare you want. But if you now have to pay far more than you originally paid, that's not so good.

Before you call United, know your options and decide what you really want. If United now has you on a flight 5 hours later than your original flight, it probably means your original flight is no longer on the schedule -- or, if your itinerary involved a connection, changes to one or both flight segments mean the connection will no longer work.

Yes, you can legitimately ask to have your flight moved to the next day, based on the justification that the 5 p.m. flight gets in too late at night to meet your needs. Just be aware that the schedule the next day is likely to be the same, so there probably won't be a noon flight the next day either.

Just have a reasonable solution to the schedule change planned before you call. Over the years working with legacy airlines (American, Delta, United) after schedule changes, I've successfully had connections changed to non-stops, had airports changed to other airports, and even had our outbound flights changed to make up for lost time on our return day. Sometimes I've had to ask for a supervisor, but usually the reservationist can take care of it.

Last edited:
With such a significant schedule change, call a United Airlines. A reservationist will help you find new flights that meet your needs or will provide a full refund, even on nonrefundable tickets.

A full refund can be useful if another airline has the time and fare you want. But if you now have to pay far more than you originally paid, that's not so good.

Before you call United, know your options and decide what you really want. If United now has you on a flight 5 hours later than your original flight, it probably means your original flight is no longer on the schedule -- or, if your itinerary involved a connection, changes to one or both flight segments mean the connection will no longer work.

Yes, you can legitimately ask to have your flight moved to the next day, based on the justification that the 5 p.m. flight gets in too late at night to meet your needs. Just be aware that the schedule the next day is likely to be the same, so there probably won;t be a noon flight the next day either.
Thank you. It is a non-stop flight. Ill wait until Im at work have my paperwork and the computer opened to their website and then call. First I want to price out cruise options.

Thank you.

I second knowing exactly what flight you would like when calling. I had United change both our flights last year and was able to easily reschedule both.

Thank you all. Ive had to change flights before due to schedule changes but always for same day. My real question is can you chsnge to a different day, such as the day after the original flight.

Thank you all. I really appreciate it.

Thank you all. Ive had to change flights before due to schedule changes but always for same day. My real question is can you chsnge to a different day, such as the day after the original flight.

Thank you all. I really appreciate it.

Maybe. I've had flights cancelled because of schedule changes. One changed from 0900 to 0600. The schedule change added a flight at 2355, and we were able to get on that one for the night before allowing us to get to MCO mid-morning instead of late afternoon. It never hurts to ask and be prepared with exactly what you'd like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter