• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

United Did It Again!!

WHIT1

Mouseketeer
Today United called to tell me a schedule change has taken place ,plus they didn't have my dh reservations. Well, got that straighten out then they said your return fl is no longer available. The problem is the airport is just 5 min up the road and in the 14 yrs I have lived here I have yet to fly out of it.They always cancel me and I have to go elsewhere. I usually go to Dulles with no problem. But United came back to the valley and they said we have plenty of fl to and from dulles. What a joke, I am so mad I could spit nails. I told the girl who is hard to understand anyways that I want to get rid of the middle man and go out of Dulles without paying out of pocket and she said she would. The good news is I get to orlando at 11am instead of 5pm and that makes me happy but I have to pay out of pocket $114 to stay at the airport with park and fly , plus the gas to get there . Never again will I trust what they say here in the Valley about having plenty of flights.:::mad: At least this way they won't be changing my flight for the 3rd time. I was hoping to get some money back but now it cost $900 per person to leave from here. This whole situation with the airlines is so :sad2: and all I want to do is go see MICKEY.

I feel your pain.:hug:

Jetblue cancelled THREE of my flights for this trip!!! Worse they only notified me of one!:scared1: The other two I discovered checking my itinerary. Worse, they didn't just change flight times...they cancelled it completely!!

Air travel stinks these days!!!

If you were to stop flying every airline that changes and cancels fights you would be walking.

This is the worst I have every seen. Buyer beware check your flight every few days.

Yes, that stinks big time!! But everyone I know of has had their flights changed in some way. Is there anyone out there that has made a reservation and it has NOT changed?? I would find that hard to believe!!

WOW, thats hard to take.
I use SW and have NEVER had a change thus far. I guess I am lucky. I'm glad that atleast you're getting "extra" time at Disney but the cost is a hard one.
Have a great vacation!!!

Yes, that stinks big time!! But everyone I know of has had their flights changed in some way. Is there anyone out there that has made a reservation and it has NOT changed?? I would find that hard to believe!!

I have not had one single flight changed on me since I started flying Southwest. :thumbsup2

The only time my flights with southwest were ever changed, was when I changed them to an earlier flight. Southwest doesn't play around with their flights, they know how bad we need to get to Disney. ;)

Me. Close to 150,000 miles this year, over that last year. Flying UA, LH and mostly *A airlines. I have had some weather delays, which is completely understandable, but zero schedule changes.

But I don't do what most people do here - I don't book my flights so far in advance. That is the price one pays.

UA has an excellent 'EasyUpdate' system to advise of flight changes. I can't quite understand the OP's post due to the attempts to avoid the filter (combined with my language skills), but many small airports are losing flights and carriers are pulling out altogether as it is not viable to operate in these markets any more.

It sounds like UA did make it right to the customer.

Me. Close to 150,000 miles this year, over that last year. Flying UA, LH and mostly *A airlines. I have had some weather delays, which is completely understandable, but zero schedule changes.

But I don't do what most people do here - I don't book my flights so far in advance. That is the price one pays.

UA has an excellent 'EasyUpdate' system to advise of flight changes. I can't quite understand the OP's post due to the attempts to avoid the filter (combined with my language skills), but many small airports are losing flights and carriers are pulling out altogether as it is not viable to operate in these markets any more.
It sounds like UA did make it right to the customer.

I just read today that Alaska/Horizon was cutting thirteen flights from the Portland market. It really is a shame; I used them all the time to fly to Burbank California and really liked them.

And PDX isn't even that small of an airport! At least you still have Lufthansa ;)

Today United called to tell me a schedule change has taken place ,plus they didn't have my dh reservations. Well, got that straighten out then they said your return fl is no longer available. The bi---- of the problem is the airport is just 5 min up the road and in the 14 yrs I have lived here I have yet to fly out of it.They always cancel me and I have to go elsewhere. I usually go to Dulles with no problem. But United came back to the valley and they said we have plenty of fl to and from dulles. What a joke, I am so pi---,I could spit nails. I told the girl who is hard to understand anyways that I want to get rid of the middle man and go out of Dulles without paying out of pocket and she said she would. The good news is I get to orlando at 11am instead of 5pm and that makes me happy but I have to pay out of pocket $114 to stay at the airport with park and fly , plus the gas to get there . Never again will I trust what they say here in the Valley about having plenty of flights.:::mad: At least this way they won't be changing my flight for the 3rd time. I was hoping to get some money back but now it cost $900 per person to leave from here. This whole situation with the airlines is so :sad2: and all I want to do is go see MICKEY.

Is this SHD (Shenandoah Valley Airport)? I flew out of it one time and was not a bit impressed. I think they just had USAirways at the time I flew out of there. I had never been on a plane where every seat was both a window and an aisle seat! Every time I try checking the United schedule out of SHD, it only shows one flight in the morning and that's it. Honestly, it's just easier for me to drive up to IAD. Richmond isn't too bad either. While it's costing you more money (and I would be ticked, too!) I really think you'll be happier flying out of IAD.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with the number of people that have responded that their flights have NOT changed!! I guess reading this board you get a lot of the bad changing and you don't "see" the good! It's really nice to know that more flights do not change their times as often as others!!!

I have never had a SW flight cancelled or changed (unless I changed it myself). However, when the new schedule comes out they will be eliminating one flight in and one flight out daily. That is one good thing about not having the flights out so far in advance. I love SW!!!!!

Sorry for the changes and extra cost incurred. Have a great vacation.

Is this SHD (Shenandoah Valley Airport)? I flew out of it one time and was not a bit impressed. I think they just had USAirways at the time I flew out of there. I had never been on a plane where every seat was both a window and an aisle seat! Every time I try checking the United schedule out of SHD, it only shows one flight in the morning and that's it. Honestly, it's just easier for me to drive up to IAD. Richmond isn't too bad either. While it's costing you more money (and I would be ticked, too!) I really think you'll be happier flying out of IAD.

YES, its SHD.When USAir was there it really went down hill. But since United came back and all their talk on the radio about all their flights they had to and from IAD, I thought I would give a try. Well they have canceled all incoming flights from IAD on Sat and the earlist flight back to the valley is at 5:30 pm on sun. So its either go to Charlottesville or Dulles and thats what I do. Less of a headache this way.

We must be semi-neighbors! I don't like the Charlottesville airport either. They were notorious for cancelling flights even before all of this airline mess in the last few months. I had read one time that 40% of the flights out of C'ville were regularly cancelled. USAir going out of C'ville screwed me over so bad one time that I almost missed a cruise in Miami, and I was even flying down the day before the cruise!

We've never had any changes flying SWA either. Delta, on the other hand, changed our flights at least 4 times from the time we bought the tickets until the time we actually flew. But all segments of our flight ran on time and even arrived at the destinations early. We didn't have that good of luck on our last SWA flights!

I

It looks like you may be very close. Are you near Grottoes?

I feel your pain. We're DC area folks and do United out of Dulles all the time. I think they've changed my flights for next week 3 or 4 times since we booked in May. It looks like there are 4 direct flights a day, getting in at 11, 3, 8, and way too late to consider.

I'm checking my flights everyday to make sure there are no more surprises before we fly out next week. . .

Judy

United got rid of my flights between Portland Maine and IAD. Now I am connecting thru ORD as they are the best flights I could get to get me to MCO early and leaving MCO later.

Delta has good flight times connecting thru CVG or ATL but the flights out of and into Portland are only maybe 30% full making me think that they may combine and cancel some of those flights so I am staying with United.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter