Unit N/A on DVC, but avail for rent???

bbn1122

DIS Veteran
????I guess I already know the answer but would love confirmation.
HHI no 1 bedroom available for points the night I want, but if I go online to the WDW website it is available for rent fro $435 per night. Do they hold units for cash rental, meaning not all are available for DVC???

thanks....:confused3

????I guess I already know the answer but would love confirmation.
HHI no 1 bedroom available for points the night I want, but if I go online to the WDW website it is available for rent fro $435 per night. Do they hold units for cash rental, meaning not all are available for DVC???

thanks....:confused3

No, what probably happened was an owner at HHI booked a non-DVC Disney reservation and their points were used to pay for it. So DVC gives that lodging to Disney to sell to pay for the non-DVC Disney trip (like a cruise, ABD or WDW or DL resort).

Do they hold units for cash rental, meaning not all are available for DVC???

as stated, if an HHI owner trades their pts for a cruise or wdw hotel stay, DVC has to rent a reservation made with those pts in order to pay cash to the cruise or hotel division.

also, DVC may own some HHI pts themselves due to ROFR or foreclosures. DVC has the right, just like any other points owner, to rent those pts for cash.

Thanks for your information. I was able to book only 3 nights with points, I wanted 4-5 nights. I am waited listed, still no openings, so I was curious if I could book for cash and I could. Has anyone booked some of their nights for cash? Any discount for DVC?

Thanks

you can call MS and check. if a DVC member discount is available, it would be for 25% off rack rate.

A small percentage of each resort belongs to Disney to book for cash.

Also as stated when a member trades out that room goes to cash to pay for that trade.

Also at 60 days out, rooms not booked on points go into brokerage and they are either taken out for repairs etc or rented for cash.

So yes many times there will be rooms available by paying cash that you can not rent with points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter