Unique Romantic Honeymoon Ideas

Ariel864

Disney Princess
My fiance and I met as professional interns in Disney's World. So we've spent a lot of time there when we weren't working playing in the parks, but we also didn't have much to do anything special on. Any romantic ideas of unique things to do in Disney?

Anywhere where there are twinkly lights, a little water, and less people makes for a beautiful romantic stroll; I like walking all around Crescent Lake through Boardwalk and the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts. There are even some porch type swings out on the beach to sit a cuddle for a little while. Epcot is gorgeous at night, especially most of the WS pavilions. The beach at the Polynesian is perfect for a late night drink and a nice snuggle down by the water. Weird though this sounds, I find the Peter Pan ride, though short, to be romantic, travelling over London. If you hit the Gran Fiesta Tour boat ride in Mexico when it is not busy (which is rarely is), ask if you can have your own boat. The CM will often oblige and it is nice to be able to chat with your sweetie knowing no one is nearby to hear your sweet nothings! In addition, many of the resorts have little hidden gardens, walkways, and even carriage rides, all of which are very sweet and romantic. The further back you are in any park as late as possible, the less crowded and more couple friendly they are.

I hope those are some good ideas!

I have booked the Epcot Segway Tour for the day after our wedding as a surprise for DF. He got so excited when he got to have a go in the trial area in Epcot but the CM didn't let go of the handlebars the entire time he was on it and he was very disappointed so I know he is going to love it!

We are also going to go on one of the wagon/carriage rides at Fort Wilderness. We meant to do it on our last trip but our ADR at Trail's end meant we weren't there at the right time. More info here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/trailride.htm

I believe they do something similiar at POFQ too :)

I don't have anything unique to add but we had a wonderfully romantic anniversary dinner @ Citricos and they treated us like royalty there. They gave us our own personalized anniversary menu and a special dessert and offered us a champagne toast. The food was wonderful and we got a nice private seat with a view of the open kitchen. After we took the monorail over to Epcot to watch the fireworks and get a drink and have a late night walk. It was a great evening! Oh, and before dinner we had a drink @ mintzer's lounge and relaxed while we listened to the band play. We'll definitely do it again for our vow renewal, it was such a great evening!

Ditto on the segway tour!! I booked the Fort Wilderness Tour for our 2yr anniversary/seasonal work trip and he absolutely loved it!! So did I!

If you hit the Gran Fiesta Tour boat ride in Mexico when it is not busy (which is rarely is), ask if you can have your own boat. The CM will often oblige and it is nice to be able to chat with your sweetie knowing no one is nearby to hear your sweet nothings!

That is an awesome idea! I would love to have a whole boat to ourselves :lovestruc

That is an awesome idea! I would love to have a whole boat to ourselves :lovestruc

It was lovely! They offered it that time, since we were honeymooning, but on both that ride, and PotC, I have asked if we can have our own boat when the lines are really short. They will almost always oblige if they can. It's so sweet snugging up in the boat and not worrying that someone will hear you call your loved one "pookie face". :lmao:

I don't have anything unique to add but we had a wonderfully romantic anniversary dinner @ Citricos and they treated us like royalty there. They gave us our own personalized anniversary menu and a special dessert and offered us a champagne toast. The food was wonderful and we got a nice private seat with a view of the open kitchen. After we took the monorail over to Epcot to watch the fireworks and get a drink and have a late night walk. It was a great evening! Oh, and before dinner we had a drink @ mintzer's lounge and relaxed while we listened to the band play. We'll definitely do it again for our vow renewal, it was such a great evening!

They don't offer the sweetheart dinners any more. :sad1: We are going to have dinner at Victoria and Alberts instead.

The thing is, you probably got all those things for your dinner just because the cast members were being nice. The official Sweetheart Dinner packages charged an arm and a leg for basically the same thing. :thumbsup2

In my opinion the most romantic things are usually the simplest, like catching one of the outdoor movies the resorts show. We went to the beach club to see The Princess and The Frog one evening, it was a freezing December evening so we were all cuddled up with out hot chocolate on the beach, with the Boardwalk lights reflecting in the water :lovestruc

We also used to enjoy walking down to the Boardwalk Bakery and sitting on one of the benches to have our breakfast together in peace over looking the water rather than in a room full of over excited little ones.

Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter