Unique MNSSHP costumes

MCB

Earning My Ears
For those of you who have been to MNSSHP (this year or in the past), what have been the most unique costumes that you have seen?

For those of you who have been to MNSSHP (this year or in the past), what have been the most unique costumes that you have seen?

The ones that I remember weren't so much unique as they were well done homemade costumes. A few I recall from last week:

Two ladies as Haunted Mansion ghosts. Very well done costumes
A great Frankenstein and his bride
A family of pacman ghosts with a toddler as pacman
The smallest Darth Sidious (my boys were Jedis) I'd ever seen. He had to be three and hammed it up in the street for the crowd before the parade.

Last week we saw -

Three Blind Mice complete with the canes and Mickey ears. They were really neat.

The Haunted mansion Ghosts

There were some other cool ones but I honestly forget them

Two ladies as Haunted Mansion ghosts. Very well done costumes

Was this on Thursday night (10/6)? If so, I saw them, too... and yes, they were great!

I thought that we had a good one - Myself, DW, and the four oldest kids were all pirates. The baby was our parrot - he got a lot of comments.

Was this on Thursday night (10/6)? If so, I saw them, too... and yes, they were great!

I thought that we had a good one - Myself, DW, and the four oldest kids were all pirates. The baby was our parrot - he got a lot of comments.

Yep. When I saw them, they were in the hub (can't remember if before or after HalloWishes). They even had the walk going on.

At the party on 9/30, there was a group of 4 women dressed as the members of that skeleton villains band from the Boo to You parade. They even had their fake instruments (the "drummer" just carried around drumsticks). They stood in front of the train station during the parade and CMs in the parade seemed to go pretty nuts over their costumes...many approached them. The CMs in the "actual" band were pretty pumped...all facing them, blowing kisses, etc. It was awesome.

The most memorable for me were the couple dressed in full Marie Antoinette-era court regalia, complete with wigs. It was a little warm that night, so they must have been sweltering, but they looked amazing.

I saw a pretty impressive Prince Charming on 10/10. You get used to seeing princesses all the time, and most of the men are pirates, Buzz Lightyear, or army men, but this guy was 100% Prince Charming, with red sash, gold braid, and black, slicked-back hair... very unique costume.

DD, DH, and I went as M&Ms... tee shirts with white "m" on front and back, with painted crocs to match the shirts and khaki shorts. DH was turquoise (and was "the guy" at the Laugh CLub/comedy floor), DD was lime green, I was red. Simple and easy to pack but fun, and we got quite a few comments!

By far the best (or should I say funniest) was last year. We saw the "Aladin" gang consisting of Aladin, Jasmine, Genie, Rajah the tiger, Abu the monkey, and I think Jafar. That doesn't sound all that unusual until I tell you that Jasmine was about a 6' 5" guy!! After we pulled ourselves together, we asked if we could take a picture. We had to ask what the heck happened that this huge guy was dressed as Jasmine. He said he lost a bet :rotfl2:

We saw the 3 blind mice and thought it was totally cute!
The family dressed as the auto decals was the coolest thing I saw at all 3 parties.
We were Tangled characters and got a ton of reaction from CMs (and little girls who either loved me or feared me, lol). My son (who was Flynn) had girls stopping him for photos all night long.

Edward Scissorhands. This guy looked like he walked right out of the movie & he played the part. I never saw him come out of character. Very cool!

By far the best (or should I say funniest) was last year. We saw the "Aladin" gang consisting of Aladin, Jasmine, Genie, Rajah the tiger, Abu the monkey, and I think Jafar. That doesn't sound all that unusual until I tell you that Jasmine was about a 6' 5" guy!! After we pulled ourselves together, we asked if we could take a picture. We had to ask what the heck happened that this huge guy was dressed as Jasmine. He said he lost a bet :rotfl2:

would love to see the pic of that! :rotfl:

There was a girl in her late teens or early 20s dressed as Rapunzel after her hair was cut at the party we attended. She had an amazing, detailed dress and she styled her hair so that it "stood out" the way the character's hair did in the movie. It looked like Rapunzel came to life and walked right off the movie screen. There was a good Flynn and Snow White's prince in her party as well.

We also saw several very well done Roman emperor costumes. One of the best costumes I saw was not at MNSHHP however. On 10/1 there was a young girl (10ish) dressed as the Mad Hatter complete with large hat at MK. She had an Alice style dress on, but it was designed to look like the Mad Hatter's outfit. It was amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter