Unique Family Name Announcements

I've been trying to come up with something creative also. Traveling with my parents (the Newtons) and my family (Raesis) and nobody can ever say our last name correctly. I love the "Princess.....and her possie" idea but that would leave my son out. Kids are Reagan (DD) and Ethan (DS). I'm stumped and not very creative.

Not very original, but how about Reagan and Ethan's family?!:goodvibes

winniedapooh said:
Not very original, but how about Reagan and Ethan's family?!:goodvibes

I was thinking something like that too, maybe Princess Reagan and Pirate Ethan and their crew. Lol

This makes me so sad.. i had read info on this before our first cruise which was this past May and so here we were... going on board.. big camera recording the whole thing.. big cheesy smiles.. they asked what our names were.. i said the potato head family.. she said no mam, we can't say that! What's your "REAL" last name?? So that made for a lovely video entrance onboard the disney ship. :sad:

This makes me so sad.. i had read info on this before our first cruise which was this past May and so here we were... going on board.. big camera recording the whole thing.. big cheesy smiles.. they asked what our names were.. i said the potato head family.. she said no mam, we can't say that! What's your "REAL" last name?? So that made for a lovely video entrance onboard the disney ship. :sad:

Bummer! Sounds like a noob at the door. I guess it needs to be someone with a little more seniority who knows what they can get away with and not.

They said what is your family? I said "The Moores" (we are C. and S. Moore) and they said "please welcome the Moores Family!" I was bummed at that, getting it wrong. If someone asks your family name and you say "The Johnsons" you don't assume they are the Johnsons Family, right? But I figure they have to do this, like, literally a THOUSAND TIMES TODAY, so they aren't listening too closely.

Our last name is Donald, so we usually stick with that for the announcement since that is a significant Disney name, but I was on a cruise with just a girlfriend recently, and we were announced as "Thelma and Louise." Alas, we did not have a young Brad Pitt in tow.

I definitely want to see some more suggestions on this thread, lol...DH and I are cruising with my mother and her boyfriend. Two adult couples, three last names...no kids to be cutesy Princesses or Pirates! I'm stumped!!! :confused3

Do you recall the movie A fish called Wanda?

I think we might be the Manfriendshendenden family!:rotfl2:
:)
I loved that movie!
We are goofs.. our daughter would not get it..
She just thinks we are silly!
Mary

I definitely want to see some more suggestions on this thread, lol...DH and I are cruising with my mother and her boyfriend. Two adult couples, three last names...no kids to be cutesy Princesses or Pirates! I'm stumped!!! :confused3

Something like "The Get-Away Gang", maybe? "The Mixed-bag Assortment"? "This 'n That"? "The Sunnyside Kids" (Toy Story daycare center).

:cutie:

You could board separately. You and your DH go as The XX Family, then your mother and BF right behind you as First name and First name. DH and I were not married on our first cruise and we just used our first names. The only people who hear the announcements are you and the CMs in the atrium.

Our last name is Papadopoulos. I just get a kick out of hearing them try to say it properly. Since 80s sitcoms have come up, my older brother's name is George, but he chose not to name his son Webster.

We usually bring my mother-in-law with us but she just gets lumped with us. I tried to convince my wife to hyphenate her last name, but she had no desire to. I dunno, I think having a last name of Sarantopoulous-Papadopoulos would be fun! Maybe next time that's how I will request we are announced so she can hear first hand how her last name could sound.

Our last name is Papadopoulos. I just get a kick out of hearing them try to say it properly. Since 80s sitcoms have come up, my older brother's name is George, but he chose not to name his son Webster.

We usually bring my mother-in-law with us but she just gets lumped with us. I tried to convince my wife to hyphenate her last name, but she had no desire to. I dunno, I think having a last name of Sarantopoulous-Papadopoulos would be fun! Maybe next time that's how I will request we are announced so she can hear first hand how her last name could sound.

:rotfl2:

Our family name is Adams. On the last cruise my husband told the CM, Gomez, Morticia and Wednedsay Adams. You could tell instantly who the American's were in lobby, they were the ones laughing.

OMG!!! That is just too funny!! I took a drink just as I read this and spit water all over the place!!!! :rotfl2: You're husband is a genius!! :worship:

And now I feel the challenge to come up with something funny for my brother, his wife, my mom and me! Two last names... three areas of the country... hmmmm... gonna have to think on this one... :cool1:

Ok, DH and I have been racking our brains for the last week for a unique family announcement. We are taking his mother for her 80th birthday, along with a sister and her husband. So we are going to use --- The Queen Mother of Hearts and Her Entourage. --- She doesn't know it yet. Hope she likes it. Any thoughts?

Off topic...cruise on another line, captain was from Greece. His last name started with S and ended with ogus. Every comedian had him as "Captain Michael Snuffleupogus." It was as good as the "brown ****ies." (now we'll see who was on THAT cruise!)

Well, that's nice. I quote Captain Tom and the censor screens it out! Oh well.

We used the "Outtamoni" family this past summer.

There were some threads with tons of funny name announcements in the past but I cannot find them but will post link if I finally find them.

All these names are great ideas. I didn't know you could mix-it up and I will definitely be putting it on my planning list.

A couple of years ago we were on the Wonder. Our server was Marianne from Hungary. The first night she introduced herself and made sure she was pronouncing our names correctly. She did great until she came to my husband Gary, whom she addressed as "Mr. Gravy". She was so embarrassed, but our entire group assured her there wasn't a more fitting name for him. Every since, we ask to be called "The Gravies" when boarding! It's our very special DCL name!:love:

Sure wish DFIL was still alive. His name was Frank and my husband's is Steve. They were always together. People were always saying "Frank and Steve this" or "Frank and Steve that." We'll people started running it together and before you knew it they seemed to be one person. Frank-N-Steve. Would love to use that on the cruise, but don't know how it could work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter