• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unique Disney World Traditions??

Our first night, we always eat at San Angel Inn at Mexico pavilion. We love the atmosphere and we just really feel like vacation has started when we are sitting there watching the volcano. After, we do the ride. We love it!

We begin and end our trips at MK. Right before we leave the park for the last time we go to the Walt and Mickey statue and tell them thanks and that we had a nice time and will see them next year. Then I start to cry and then we leave.

Our Disney tradition is to go to Magic Kingdom and ride pirates first. My wife and I have made our first two trips together and have started a new tradition of ending our vacation on imagination.

Liberty Tree Tavern for first night dinner and last day is always MK. we always take a final photo waving goodbye to the castle and saying see ya real soon

Are we weird that we really don't have any traditions? Maybe our tradition is that we simply go to WDW at least once a year.

Every time I think we have a tradition started, we stop doing it so it's not tradition anymore. For a while there, it was a tradition to go to Whispering Canyon Cafe but after a couple of disappointing meals, that stopped. The same happened with Via Napli so restaurant traditions don't work for us.

I like to think going to MK first and last is a tradition but depending on crowds and time of arrival and departure, that doesn't always happen.

Probably one of the longest lived traditions for us was making it a point to visit and explore one hotel that we have never been too each trip but we haven't been doing that in recent years.

Our final meal of every trip is the 'Ohana character breakfast. Such a great way to say goodbye to Disney before getting in the car and driving back home.

Oh my gosh - that is our family tradition too! We love breakfast at 'Ohana and always find it to be the perfect way to end our WDW vacations!

Sorry for the blank post, the DIS app can be "temper-mental"

Disney shirts on the plane
On MK day we walk straight down Main Street, pay homage to the castle, then straight through to Small World, which is our first ride.
We go to Hoop de Doo, every trip
Last night at EPCOT for Illuminations.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

after our 10 hour drive we arrive around 5PM. we check in and then head to Downtown Disney for a sandwich at the earl. Then a little light shopping. Bed early so we can hit the parks early and often.

Our first day always consists of an early dinner at Boma's, followed by a trip to the Poly for tropical macaws and to watch Wishes fireworks on the beach.

Other traditions include lunch at Sci fi and riding Soarin first.

We always make sure to get a picture of our 2 girls sitting in the Mickey ears of the statue that is behind CR. We have been doing this ever since they were 4 and 6 and they are now 10 and 12 (will be 13 at the time of our upcoming trip). We go every year so this is kind of of like our growth chart for them.

We begin and end our trips at MK. Right before we leave the park for the last time we go to the Walt and Mickey statue and tell them thanks and that we had a nice time and will see them next year. Then I start to cry and then we leave.

You just reminded me of one more tradition :goodvibes. On our very last day (departure day), we always go to MK and right before we leave to head back to the resort, we always stop at the HUB, turn around and wave to MK and Cinderella's Castle and we always say "See ya real soon!".

When I travel with my friend, we check into our resort around 6pm, drop off our stuff,
and grab a bus to MK to visit the Haunted Mansion!
When my dh is with me, we just walk around the resort & eat dinner there.... :)

We always go to Magic Kingdom on our first full day and our last night. We always eat at Crystal Palace.

We always take a picture with the wooden Indian chief in Frontier Land. I have pictures from there every year from when I was a kid and now I pose my son there every trip as well. It's fun to see them grow!

I love this thread! I almost started tearing up at the one from TT4DIS about thanking Walt and Mickey for the nice time and seeing them real soon. :sad:

Since TRex opened, we have been heading to DTD and having dinner there on our first evening then doing some shopping. We started a tradition a few trips ago to buy a Christmas ornament on every trip, so we always hit up the Christmas store. We always get a big treat from Goofy's Candy Co, and we have that to snack on throughout the trip. Which parks what days and what we do in the parks varies, but at some point we must have Crystal Palace breakfast before park opening.

My DD and I are always so sad to leave, that I have a pep talk for the Magical Express (which, on the way back to the airport, DD calls the "magic killer"). I always say, look, I have been coming to Disney since I was 5 years old. I miss it every single time, but the fact is, it is ALWAYS here for us! Little changes happen from time to time, things get bigger and *hopefully* better as time goes by, but it will ALWAYS be here when we are ready to come back, for the whole rest of our lives!! Helps a little!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter