Unique Baby Boy Names

My sons are Trevor Shea -- somewhat original
and the other is Justin Anthony -- not so original but I like it! :)

My DS is a Liam Andrew. I've loved that name since I was a teen, and we wanted something Irish and uncommon. It's really starting to pick up in popularity now, though!

Same thing with my DD, Madeline. When I named her it was considered an uncommon, old-fashioned name. Now, you'll find Madeline's, Madelyn's, Madelynne's, etc. everywhere you go!

Gotta Get To Disney! :moped:

When I found out my first child was a boy I had to dig thru the
Miami Dolphins roster. Trace Armstong was playing for them, so
he became Trace. Second is Brady, not very uncommon but we
liked it. Third (1st daughter) is Lily and my favorite name of the

GottaGetToDisney! said:
My DS is a Liam Andrew. I've loved that name since I was a teen, and we wanted something Irish and uncommon. It's really starting to pick up in popularity now, though!

Same thing with my DD, Madeline. When I named her it was considered an uncommon, old-fashioned name. Now, you'll find Madeline's, Madelyn's, Madelynne's, etc. everywhere you go!

Gotta Get To Disney! :moped:
Liam !!! Love that name . I have 2 cousins in Ireland who are named Liam :thumbsup2 . If I had a third boy , I would have chosen Liam . I have a "Ryan Andrew" and a "Sean" ...both are very common around here. :shamrock:

I named my three boys

Adam
Thomas
Daniel

Not unique but pretty soon they will be since so many want uncommon names that the normal names are not being used. If I had a fourth it would have been Joseph. I like strong names not unique names.

Casey

It's a great boy's name, and my son also has an Irish surname. It's different enough, but not too different.

My DS's name is Chase. I love his name. He's the only Chase in his class. At the school I teach at, there are only 2 Chases. Both are in 4th grade.

If my DH have a 3rd baby and if it is a boy, we will name him Logan. Love that name, too!

Our DD is Erika.

Some different boy names I've heard are Bryce, Tre, Stephan (pronounced Stef-Ahn), Daaquan.

I love the name Harrison, but never thought of it when our son Samuel was born. Also, I w anted to name him Damien but my mom said she would refuse to call him that.
Too bad because Damien really fits him right now. :stir:

Decklan
Arden
Alastiar
Calum
went with Mason after my father for our youngest DS
Good luck!!!

NotUrsula said:
Shamus ... Declan ... Keiran ... Maverick ... Quinton

Yeah, you could say those are unique: 3 are mis-spelled, and one came from a 1950's TV show (or from the movie Top Gun, which is more likely if he is a child.) The only real name in the bunch is Declan.

FTR, the proper spellings are Seamus, Ciaran, and Quentin. (The first two are Irish, the third is Latin.)

Please think twice before deliberately choosing an unconventional way to spell a name. Surveys have actually shown that having a "creatively spelled" name can disadvantage a person over time: http://www.babynamesworld.com/naming_tips/eb12.htm

I wondered if anyone would pick up on the non-irish way of spelling Seamus....my son is Riley Seamus O'Sullivan. Just a little irish. In baby name books it does list both ways to spell it, just the one is proper irish and the other is slang for a policeman.

Kieren
Corwin
Kellen Michael ... DS 5

When we named DS Kellen I had never heard the name before. Now I hear it alot, not as much as Aiden or Liam, but ever once in a while!

As you can deduce from my screen name our son is Camden.

We chose it because DH proposed to me in Camden, ME.

We weren't even sure it was a real name, but I've come across several since he's been born.

Sometimes we call him Cam.

nani said:
Been teaching for a while some of the ones I have not heard often are
Olin
Owen
Jayden(hear it all the time now)
Eamon
Stowe
Andre
Malcolm
Teeghan
Elias
Tain
Walter( old name not so many now and such a good Disney name!)

How about "Walter Elias"...the "true" Disney name! If only DH would've agreed with it!!

I like the names:

Davis
Payne
Bryce
Makay (McKay)

Almost twenty years ago awaiting the birth of our son, we couldn't agree on any boy names. It also didn't help that the family members kept sharing their thoughts as well. Anyway, DH and I finally decided on "Cody". We then decided not to tell the name to anyone until he was born - thereby avoiding any and all discussion of the matter. Well, upon his arrival into this great big world and the announcement of his name, his dear grandma exclaimed "Cody!, Now where in the heck did that come from!" It took them all awhile to get used to and we still laugh about grandma's utter astonishment.

my 2 boys Bryce & Blane. Kinda hard to shorten those.

A famous football player from MO is Kellen Winslow, now a NFL announcer. His son Kellen Jr is now an NFL player.

Angela

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter