Unhappy with parking this weekend at Coronado Springs!!

KigerKat

DIS Veteran
I understand that there is a car show here this weekend, and that means there will be more cars here on the property. What I don't understand is why the resort allows the large trailers that are taking up 5-7 spaces to park here? We saw numerous trailers at the MK parking lot, so that must have been the plan for all trailers. If there are trailers here taking up multiple spaces, they should be ticketed and/or towed!

Also, there is an entire lot sectioned off lot near the cabanas for cast members only. If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't Disney shuttle their cast members from an off site parking lot to allow guests more parking options? Especially if parking is already tight?

Maybe I'm just venting here, but it does seem a bit ridiculous.

That is all. :-)

Why not present your questions politely at the Lobby Concierge Counter? Perhaps there's a valid reason for all of it.

My husband did after he dropped me off by the room last night and continued to drive all over the entire resort to find one spot. He first asked a security guard who shrugged off his question and told him to park wherever he saw any kind of space, no matter if it was an actual space or had a sign by it. He ended up running over some parking comes over by the convention center.

On his walk back to the room, he stopped by the front desk and told them that the parking situation was ridiculous. They just reminded him about the convention and apologized.

I know they are sorry, but an apology won't make it easier to park.

I checked in at CSR last night. Yes, many lots are full. But the front desk informed me of this when I arrived. They said I could remain parked at the check-in lot as long as I wanted.

On a different note, I was very pleased to see that my MB worked at CSR. I was not expecting this until Tuesday, when I move to AKL. I've been very impressed with the service at CSR, and will post more later.

They don't care if you can't find parking. We ran into the same thing at the Boardwalk. They told us we could park across the street and walk over to the resort! Really? $400+ a night and you can't provide a freakin parking spot at the resort!? I was livid. DH ended up driving over the curb and parked in the valet lot (we had our Ford F-350).

The trailers are there as part of the car show--expensive classic cars are often hauled instead of driven.

Seems like they could/should have a designated lot for all of the trailers to park together and conserve space.

The trailers are there as part of the car show--expensive classic cars are often hauled instead of driven.

Seems like they could/should have a designated lot for all of the trailers to park together and conserve space.

The thing is, they did designate a lot for trailers. We saw tons of them in the MK parking lot. The problem is that they aren't enforcing it in any way. Instead, other guests like my husband and I end up suffering the consequences by not having any convenient parking options.

We love to have the independence of using our own car to visit the parks each day. We hate waiting for a crowded bus, and then possibly not having the option to sit down once we are on it. We prefer driving over Disney transportation any day. Now, we are stuck with having to use Disney transportation just to avoid having to run not parking issues later tonight. I just think it was poor implementation of the parking process on Disney's part.

There isn't a whole lot Disney can do about the parking situation now. This eve and is in full swing, and several parking lots have "lot full" signs posted. I am in Casitas building 1, and the event is going on right outside my room. But it's not bothering me in the least.

This morning I drove to Magic Kingdom and got front row parking. When I left the park at 12:30 p.m. I took the bus back to the hotel, and was the only passenger. Now I'm getting ready to take another bus to Epcot, and tonight I will take the monorail back to Magic Kingdomsince for EMH. Then I'll Drive back to Coronado Springs, and park in the check in parking lot again, just like I did last night.

I used to sweat the small stuff. But I've learned in my life, that there are more things to be happy with (like going back to WDW), then there are to be upset. Different strokes for different folks. I'm sure the parking situation is a bad thing for the OP. But I personally choose not to let a minor annoyance becoming a major inconvenience.

If that happened to me I would be LIVID - bad enough at home we often have to park 3 or 4 blocks away, but to have that happen on vacation to guests that paid to be there and are no less important than the convention-goers? Unacceptable.

Forgive me if I missed this, but have you tried asking to be transferred to a different resort?

Forgive me if I missed this, but have you tried asking to be transferred to a different resort?

We are only here for the weekend, so tonight is our last night. We literally just pulled in to park, and there appears to be plenty of spots now. We'll just have to take the bus to MK tonight.

I probably wouldn't complain so much is I wasn't pregnant and constantly tired! So, being here at WDW probably isn't helping! LOL!

There isn't a whole lot Disney can do about the parking situation now. This eve and is in full swing, and several parking lots have "lot full" signs posted. I am in Casitas building 1, and the event is going on right outside my room.

I used to sweat the small stuff. But I've learned in my life, that there are more things to be happy with (like going back to WDW), then there are to be upset. Different strokes for different folks. I'm sure the parking situation is a bad thing for the OP. But I personally choose not to let a minor annoyance becoming a major inconvenience.

Have to agree here. We were in Casitas 2 and the closest open parking lot was Casitas 4. Not too bad except for one thing. Just three days before our trip, I ended up needing a wheelchair. I didn't change anything like requesting a first floor or handicapped accessible room so my husband had to unload and repack the car on his own. Plus, the room was on the second floor. We just dealt with things, had some laughs along the way, enjoyed the car show (the registration tent was right outside our room), and found Cafe Rix where we had dinner twice - yummy place!

The thing was, I had had a miserable month of August and Disney World kept me sane when I was in the hospital for two weeks and then just had two weeks to get to where I could be in a wheelchair while in the parks and a walker around shorter distances. My husband was an absolute saint pushing me around and having that weekend had me doing things I wouldn't have been doing sitting at home. My reward? My home services outpatient treatment is getting reduced! And my walker will soon be a thing of the past. Life gives you lemons, suck 'em dry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter