• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

unhappy neighbors

That's crazy! (And kinda funny, especially since you aren't involved.)

We live on the lake, and some of our neighbors put up, "Slow, No Wake" signs on their docks, which we thought was completely stupid. Most everyone would put out on their boats to the end of the cove, then go fast. But it's a large cove that's popular for wakeboarders and skiers. After the signs, my Dad started speeding by their docks just to annoy them. Yeah... we're those neighbors. :confused3 :rotfl:

Anyone ever have neighbors both put signs in their yards making a negative comment about the other? We have this going on right now. I just can't imagine that either will give up and we may have to look at the signs for some time to come..:headache: I don't blame the house that put the first one up. The one neighbor is CRAZY. She talks to no one unless she has a complaint, then usually just calls the police or DFS.

OP, watch and read this article.

I just saw this on a recent DATELINE or 20/20. Its very interesting.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...hbor-from-hell-arrested-charged-with-felonies

We had a next-door neighbor years ago who was on the outs with everyone in a two-block radius. EVERYBODY had had a run-in with him at one time or another.
We went on vacation once for a week and while we were gone, somebody spray-painted obscenities on the side of his house. Of course, he told the police it MUST have been us. It was a small town and the police asked everyone going on vacation to let them know so they could keep an eye on your house. Since we had registered our vacation with the police, they told him it couldn't have been us. He then said we must have HIRED someone to do it while we were gone. The cops told him if they had to go interview everyone in the neighborhood who disliked him, they wouldn't have time to do anything else, so please go away and stop bothering them. I could go on and on the things he had done to people and accused people of doing, but the craziest thing he did was paint a "no-parking" zone on the street in front of his house, so nobody could park there (now, mind you, this was a public street and anyone could legally park anywhere they wanted as long as it wasn't blocking a driveway). The town made him sand-blast the paint off the street and he was furious!

Yikes! No signs, but down our road a guy hung about 30 fake owls with glowing eyes on a tree in his yard. The tree (and the owls) loom over the fence and glare into his neighbor's yard. For whatever reason, they are feuding.

Everytime I see the glowing eyed owls I literally laugh out loud.

At my moms we had one down the street. She was in and out of the mental hospital. One of her fellow neighbors would take her (very sweet of them).

She randomly planted random trees all over, bushes. Would mow random sections of the yard. Was always talking to herself etc!

The people who live across from my moms now are just annoying and trashy! They live toys and everything out in their front yard. Have loud, annoying trucks that they park BEHIND our driveway which is a massive hill. Then they have friends come over and park on either side of the drive too, so you can't get out!

That's crazy! (And kinda funny, especially since you aren't involved.)

We live on the lake, and some of our neighbors put up, "Slow, No Wake" signs on their docks, which we thought was completely stupid. Most everyone would put out on their boats to the end of the cove, then go fast. But it's a large cove that's popular for wakeboarders and skiers. After the signs, my Dad started speeding by their docks just to annoy them. Yeah... we're those neighbors. :confused3 :rotfl:

I grew up on the water. I would think the signs were meant for those who didn't have sense enough to drive safely and sanely NEAR THE DOCK. That's what ours were for. Speeding by the dock causes large waves that cause the shoreline to wash out quicker. It's a big hassle that leads to a huge expense for the homeowner trying to maintain his land, dock, and seawall. It amazes me that people don't understand this. (For non-water people...It's similar to someone on land parking in your yard occasionally. It doesn't show damage if done once, but over time it's going to destroy things and cost you money.)

Nobody we knew with a no wake sign expected people to idle over the whole lake. (And for the record, we didn't have a sign, but there were penty around. It's a common thing to see on the water.) It sounds like people like your Dad might be the reason he put the signs out in the first place.

ETA: A No Wake sign on your dock isn't in the same league with neighbors with dueling yard signs. It's a common thing. I think when you can buy a sign premade at most any boat store it's kind of normal. ;)

http://victorystore00.stores.yahoo.net/nowakesigns.html

Anyone ever have neighbors both put signs in their yards making a negative comment about the other? We have this going on right now. I just can't imagine that either will give up and we may have to look at the signs for some time to come..:headache: I don't blame the house that put the first one up. The one neighbor is CRAZY. She talks to no one unless she has a complaint, then usually just calls the police or DFS.

Eh, as crazy as the one neighbor sounds, the other neighbor should never have put up a sign. If you ignore the "cray cray's" they tend to move on.
My sister's first house was priced so low because the people who owned it had a fued with the next door neighbors. It had gotten so bad that they (people selling the house) turned off their phone service and went to cell phones which they would not give out to anyone (this was way before this was common) When they moved out they wouldn't tell anyone where they were going and had police there so the neighbors wouldn't follow them (which they tried to do :eek: )
The neighbors on the other side (who my sister is still friends with today even though she has moved out of state) made it clear that the people who sold my sister the house could have ended all of it had they just ignored the people and not fed into the crazy.

Reading all of these makes me appreciate my HOA. I will no longer complain that I can't use multi-colored Christmas lights:lmao:

I was just thinking the same thing.

I am so grateful for my current neighbors. These stores are scaring me. :eek:

I had the post about my crazy neighbor--
But then I opened the can of worms by calling Sheriff on him.
He 2 weeks later still has a display in his backyard of a dead bush and two huge Lowe's bags full of sticks and leaves. He mows around it. Bags have holes in them and stuff falling out---when they blow over he picks them up. Don't get the point but we are having a laugh about it. Yesterday at the $1 store I saw tree decorations of a skeleton and scarecrow that you tie around tree. Friend and I had a laugh about getting and tying to trees but they remained on shelf at $1 store. Know doing anything would set him off more....figure eventually he will see we don't care about display and throw away...or bags will rip open and he will have trash and sticks all over his yard in a wet pile!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

To the one who has the neighbor with the tall grass strip nobody cuts. Same with this neighbor we have. Between this nut of a neighbor and another house there is a strip. Nobody cuts. It is TALL now!!

Thinking fence is sounding better and better and better. Probably in the spring. Thankfully winter approaching and nobody will be out! :)

BUT can say 90% of neighbors I wouldn't trade....for anything.

Sign story is amazing....can't imagine. If I were second person I wouldn't have put sign up but called to see what could have been done.

We don't have to put up signs - we have a town intranet message board. Sit back and watch the crazy happen from the comfort of your couch! :rotfl:

At least I don't have to live with the crazy people here on the DIS. :crazy:

We don't have to put up signs - we have a town intranet message board. Sit back and watch the crazy happen from the comfort of your couch! :rotfl:

At least I don't have to live with the crazy people here on the DIS. :crazy:
GMTA. :rotfl:

Our neighbors don't fight but they don't socialize either. They keep very much to themselves which is fine with me.

There is some dispute where the property lines are and in between these two houses is a strip around 24 inches wide of tall ugly grass. Neither of them will mow it. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Usually property disputes happen in the other direction where the two neighbors both claim to own the few inches in question.

These neighbors need mediCation as soon as possible.

fixed

This thread reminded me of a story one of my friends told me in Lubbock, TX. Lubbock is home to Texas Tech University and is very much a college town. A man there owned a 4 bedroom house that he rented out to college students. Then, his HOA decided to no longer allow anymore than 2 unrelated persons to live in a house in that neighborhood citing that it lowered the property value of their homes. He brought his case to them citing that his house had 4 bedrooms and it would be highly unlikely for him to find people who could rent the home under the new guidelines. They stood firm and repeated that it would lower the property value of their house. As he left he said, "You want to see the property value of your homes lowered? You got it." He stood by that. He went and painted the house bright purple. Then, he decided that wasn't enough. He painted yellow and dark purple polkadots on the purple background. Then, he turned some of those dots into smiley faces. Neighbors were none-too-happy.:rotfl2:

A picture of the house I found online:
purplehouse.jpg

jennadeedoodah said:
this thread reminded me of a story one of my friends told me in lubbock, tx. Lubbock is home to texas tech university and is very much a college town. A man there owned a 4 bedroom house that he rented out to college students. Then, his hoa decided to no longer allow anymore than 2 unrelated persons to live in a house in that neighborhood citing that it lowered the property value of their homes. He brought his case to them citing that his house had 4 bedrooms and it would be highly unlikely for him to find people who could rent the home under the new guidelines. They stood firm and repeated that it would lower the property value of their house. As he left he said, "you want to see the property value of your homes lowered? You got it." he stood by that. He went and painted the house bright purple. Then, he decided that wasn't enough. He painted yellow and dark purple polkadots on the purple background. Then, he turned some of those dots into smiley faces. Neighbors were none-too-happy.:rotfl2:

A picture of the house i found online:

i found a mickey near the window!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter