Unfriendly DIS users??

Once a thread turns nasty just skip over it. I find myself having to do that more often lately.

As far as asking question on threads I've experienced nothing but the best responses.

I think overall the DIS is friendly, but a few have very strong opinions on certain subjects that can come across as harsh. For me it's best not to even read those certain threads. I'm here to learn about Disney and to have fun reading what others have enjoyed as well.

:lmao: :guilty: I agree. Your posts ( with all the odd smileys ) ...Very annoying ... :cool1: :thumbsup2 :sunny: ;) :rotfl: :rotfl2: :) :goodvibes :confused3

P.S. Just kidding...but please...lighten up..we are at war

I'm sorry that your feelings were hurt by some other DIS'er. I personally have been friendly to everyone, so just go right ahead & keep on posting. :)

As Michelle stated I think you just have to ignore some of it, and as Cleo said you can always filter them out completely.

But I also think that when you participate in a public forum you also have to be less sensitive than if you were having a personal conversation with a close friend.

You truly don't know these folks, so don't let them get to you. Also sometimes what appears rude or stern to some is not to others. It's hard to get the tone correct sometimes in this format.

Also I think at times some get upset more about what is said and less about how it is said. They want everyone to agree with them, and when that does not happen I see people getting accused of being rude.

So I see it as a two way street, some probably need to be more polite and some need to be less sensitive. :thumbsup2

The ignore feature is nice to learn about. Luckily I haven't had any truly upsetting comments - some were a little rough to take though. It's a shame when you feel like you have to defend yourself. Mostly, the posters are nice here though. If I had the power, I would kick rude people off the board, but that's not my place. It is in our power to 'ignore' though.

I'm going to have to tear myself away from the boards to start packing! I leave this Saturday...Hurray!! :goodvibes :grouphug: :hourglass

I haven't been in that exact situation yet... but have been corrected once( about outdated info) but the OP was very polite and sincere when I apologized . Then yesterday I replied to a post and another person asked a question to me about the reply I gave and couldn't possibly accept it as the truth.Arent we all here to be helpful and insert our own personal experiences and share that with other people? :confused3

I haven't seen it here but I have seen it on other Disney Boards. That is why I am here! It's too bad, we'll all just here to help each other have the most magical trip ever.

I've known enough psycho people to know that they are everywhere. Disney does attract alot of people, because its such a special place, but not all of them are nice to other people, because they're a little too into themselves. Personally, if I can come up with something great, I love zinging them back, but I know it's not the right thing to do, so my best advice, is be a better person than I, and either be super nice back and hopefully it will shame them for their rude behaviour, or ignore them and only respond to the nice people. :thumbsup2 Hope the rest of your expiriences are good ones!

Hey CrazyChic ... don't you ever sleep?JUST KIDDING !!! WE JOINED AT THE SAME TIME AND YOUR BLOWING THE DUST OFF OF ME (WHILE STANDING STILL)with posts! :thumbsup2 ps I enjoy reading your posts!!

MinnyGranny62 said:
:teeth: Have fun on the boards and don't take anything too seriously.

:thumbsup2 I could not agree more!.

I'd say that 99% of the people on the DIS boards are very friendly and helpful. Don't let that 1% get you down.

Yes. People can be very mean here. I had a small group of people going after me on the design board so I left. I have no desire to be in a petty jealous nit picky environment like that. Too bad to, because there were also some very nice people there. I now share my t-shirt designs on Tour Guide Mike.

I do agree that the texting type message is very frustrating to read here. (gr8 etc.) I will not spend time trying to figure out what is being said.

Nor will I spend my time trying to read things that have no punctuation. I do not judge people based on spelling or improper use of punctuation, but if you (general you) don't use punctuation at all... not worth my time to figure out where one sentence ends and the next starts.

I am in no way perfect. I tend to use "..." too much - and sometimes I do too many "-" but at least it does indicate some sort of break in thought. ;)

That is not an attack on you, just how I feel about message boards. I do think the post you are referring to was presented in a very poor manner. There was no reason for that person to be so snotty to you.

Everyone I have met on the boards have been friendly. However reading notes in shorthand are annoying. Some words ok but not every other word.

I also noticed the thread in question and it was difficult to read. But I also notice that crazy girl is only 12 and I can only guess that is the language of our youth.. :lmao:

Ok. I am posting to this again. As of yesterday, I had no problem on this board. Today is a different story. I just want to say some people think they know everything about WDW. They must sit in front of their computer all day long looking at this web site. To those people, GET A LIFE!.
Sorry, I had to vent. I Had a bad experience today and needed to get it off my chest.

Just like in real life, there are nasty people here. But the MAJORITY of people here are just as friendly as could be! If you come across someone rude, don't take it personally.

Welcome to the DIS!

munchkin bunchkin said:
Hey CrazyChic ... don't you ever sleep?JUST KIDDING !!! WE JOINED AT THE SAME TIME AND YOUR BLOWING THE DUST OFF OF ME (WHILE STANDING STILL)with posts! :thumbsup2 ps I enjoy reading your posts!!

Yes i sleep for about seven hours. Keep the posts up i'm sure you can catch up lol. Thankyou i enjoy reading your posts when i come across them :thumbsup2

Jennifer Hemric said:
Ok. I am posting to this again. As of yesterday, I had no problem on this board. Today is a different story. I just want to say some people think they know everything about WDW. They must sit in front of their computer all day long looking at this web site. To those people, GET A LIFE!.
Sorry, I had to vent. I Had a bad experience today and needed to get it off my chest.

:thumbsup2 I agree!

robinb said:
I am sorry that your feelings were hurt by the other poster :(.

I read the thread in question and I agree that the other DISer was pretty mean. However ... s/he did have a good point buried in the meanness. Your way of writing may go over well over on the Teen Board, but the adults don't want to have to puzzle out exactly what "now thats a gr8 attitude so many people in my skwl go how gay 2 things they dnt lyk i'm glad sum1 has the rite idea" means. I quoted that verbatim, with no capitalization and no punctuation. Please don't even get me started on the word "skwl"! This isn't a chat room and we're not IMing to each other. This is a message board where the grown-ups try to write in complete sentences. You might want to make more of an attempt to do so when you are posting on the adult forums. I guarantee that you will be taken more seriously.

Excuse me since when did forums just become "adult forums" Plus this isn't an English class, people can write the way they feel like it. Who are you and others to judge them. Just because you can't understand shorthand writing and can't make it out, you should skip it. Nobody asked for your opinion on how they write.

I find it interesting that the majority who have posted they feel that others are rude or mean at times have less than 300 posts.

Stay around awhile, get 500 or more posts under your belt and it won't bother you as much. You will get used to how people post, their style and sometimes they truly are not being rude, just stating the facts.

Many times when someone corrects someone else, that person becomes defensive and accuses the others of being rude.

Also if you don't want to not get your feelings hurt avoid the hot topics such pool hopping, refillable mugs, and room occupancy and it will go easier for you. :thumbsup2

Laila_Adam said:
Excuse me since when did forums just become "adult forums"

All the forums that are not specially for teens and children are here on the DIS are adult forums. It was that way when you joined this month and it was that way when I joined 5 1/2 years ago. That doesn't mean that a teen or even a child cannot post to those boards. However, it does mean that they should be prepared to write in a way that can be understood by everybody.

Nobody asked for your opinion on how they write.
LOL! Opinions are one thing that DIS members have in excess! And we rarely wait for someone to ask for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter