Unfair :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
but you don't mind being a slave to Disney's horrible transportation system?

I+don+t+understand+why+people+get+ridiculed+for+not+using+_ee5ad0e6b6c444f7cc39790eb2ba202c.png

What is your issue? I in no way think Disney is the be all end all, but geez, you seem to seriously have animosity towards it. To the point I have to ask, why are you on a Disney message board and why do you go at all. You have not said anything positive at all in all your posts on this thread. It is tiring....

I find this hilarious, the troll calling out a troll :)

JMW123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll buster View Post
Exactly! These are the same people who would be first in line to sue if their child was injured.
I would love to see the data that led to this statement. I am assuming you have this data, otherwise, this statement really seem to fit wiki's definition for...

internet troll
Web definitions

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows ******* on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Really, you think I am trolling out here. You are looking through my past history on these boards which would clearly indicate that

1. I have an upcoming trip
2. I am a member of DVC (rented points for may years before buying in)
So, that would lend credence to my intentions and what I have in hand

also,
I would say that I am quite on topic with my posts. This whole thread is about people who think this new FP+ is unfair and the majority of posters complain about FP+ because they are on the wrong side of unfair. I come into here to give you the other side of the argument, where I represent the being on the good side of unfair. While I expect most people to be inflamed by my posts, I am just trying to show why Disney has created and unfair system and why I ended up on the right side of that.

So, call me a troll if you want, but I am just trying to drive discussions and show you the other side of a debate.

As for the time I called out a troll, during a discussion of height strategies, I suggested Timberland work boot to a fellow poster as a way to get e 3 year old over the 40 inch mark. My post was then rebutted by someone saying I would sue Disney if my kid got caught. In a thread about height strategies, I thought that was an offbase comment, so yes I called them out. I was hoping to keep that thread on topic about height requirements and shoes, not about on ones probability of suing disney.

So, how again based on the troll definition am I trolling. Is a troll someone who does not agree with you but stays on topic? Not sure if you can find that definition. In fact I feel bad that I have had to take away from this thread by going off topic right now, but felt I needed to defend myself. The ball is in your court kind sir.

I agree 100% with this!! I get asked many times, what the incentives are for staying onsite and I think that Fastpass+ should be one of them! It helps to sell the resorts to some skeptics!!

If those of us who have concerns about FP+ need to "suck it up and deal" with the changes, then the onsite people also need to "suck it up" and accept that FP+ is going to be available to offsite guests as well.

It's possible that onsite guests may be able to prebook while offsite can't, or that onsite will have a larger window to book (like +10 ADRs), but Disney has already said that FP+ will be available to everyone with a valid ticket to the park.

Well they kind of are giving x,y,z away and people like it but now they are sort of demanding a,b,c also. I understand human nature is to always want more but at what point does enough become enough?(not saying you are doing this, just generalizing)

Well anyone who is demanding perceived "perks"... well let's just not even air that opinion of mine here. ;) Receiving and demanding are definitely two completely separate entities.

No, but things like this happen everyday on a much worse level than getting some extra rides at an amusement park.

Ok, but we're not talking about that are we? Just because worse things happen in the world doesn't make this one "bad" thing right. I don't get your logic.

No, that is against the law, I don't believe that poster is breaking any laws by attempting to do what he is going to do. It is not ethical but not illegal.

So it's ok to do something unethical as long as it's not illegal???

Ok, but we're not talking about that are we? Just because worse things happen in the world doesn't make this one "bad" thing right. I don't get your logic.

Its silly to get all worked up about someone trying to get extra fastpasses when the system may allow it. Personally I don't think its going to work anyway.

Of course we would take them. We were perfectly fine with the perks we got in the past.
But in the last few weeks we did see we were always cheated out by those that got unlimited FP.
We had one ride and we saw people going on the same ride tree times. Those same people always cried foul when we told this and even Head Chief told us there were no perks, no they even had to wait longer. BIG LIE.
Now this perk is gone the hell is on and I am just honest.
Now it is our turn to use what we paid for. We have a lot of old KTWW tickets and if possible we will use them.

That's the old "two wrongs make a right" logic.

Its silly to get all worked up about someone trying to get extra fastpasses when the system may allow it. Personally I don't think its going to work anyway.

Using old KTTW cards works- at least it did in June (I did a split stay and found out by accident since I put in the wrong card). You can't use all old cards- they have to have RFID chips (at least they did this summer)

I'm not bringing my old KTTW cards on my trip this weekend for the half marathon because we go frequently and I don't really feel the need to ride TSM 6 or 7 times, but I understand the temptation to do so.

No one is getting "worked up" about it. It's been reported that it does work. So I think he has an excellent chance of getting said FPs.

Regardless, all I'm saying is just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Are people just assuming FP+ won't be offered to all guests once the test is done?

FP+ is a part of the overall MB project. Of course they would test it with on-site guests since on-site guests have access to all MB components to test (room access, room charge, FP+, Tickets...etc).

In the end, if FP+ remains an on-site only perk, why is that "unfair"? Companies are always adding perks to attract new and retain repeat customers. Disney is no different.

There is nothing sinister about it and everyone will have choices to make. Disney is not obligated to provide anyone anything. Just like you are not obligated to give Disney your money.

This whole "fair" thing is frustrating. We are all going to Disney World for vacation while many others will never be able to afford to even go to six flags. Is that fair? It's called life. We are not born with Disney rights. Some Disney magic just costs more, we need to accept that.

But all of that may not matter because we have no idea what this will look like after rollout.

I am now more saddened by your behavior than outraged at this point. Gives me a very dim outlook on our society if there are many more out there like you. Especially since you are also apparently raising two children to believe that money makes them entitled enough to skip past all the other children, and get exactly what they want (riding over and over again), exactly when they want it. Wow. Those KTTW cards were for the visit you purchased for ONLY. Hence, using them AGAIN, when you are not supposed to, is in a fashion, stealing. I can buy something at Wal-Mart, use it, then go back and stick the same item in my pocket (without being seen) and walk out with it without paying......let's say because I think it's ok because I had already bought it once, and well, I DO spend a lot of money at Wal-Mart. Yup. STEALING. You just have a more interesting way of putting it. And how do YOU know how much I've spent at Disney over the course of my life? My parents over the course of their lifetimes?? Don't assume. And this could be completely wrong.....but perhaps what the few percent (like you) spend, vs. what the masses spend, may surprise you. I would bet the masses (combined, of course) that go for a day, a few days, whatever.....even staying off-site....probably spend way more in their lifetimes than you precious few EVER could. Don't flatter yourself.

AGREED....there are some self righteous people on these boards sometimes. You kinda get the gist of how America is run as a whole. Sadly those with "money" (which really they don't have money they just have access to a lot of debt and when the can't afford their lifestyles anymore take drastic measures..I digress). I've been to WDW world quite a few times in my lifetime but I've NEVER heard of such entitlement of felt that I was owed anything because of it. But it is a juicy read lol

I'm not bringing my old KTTW cards on my trip this weekend for the half marathon because we go frequently and I don't really feel the need to ride TSM 6 or 7 times, but I understand the temptation to do so.

:thumbsup2

One of these days, my husband thinks he can beat me. ;) Not a chance.

That's the old "two wrongs make a right" logic.

Yes I agree fully but go tell that to those that live on public money, come over here and tell sob story's just to scam money out of people and than book a vacation at the Grand Floridian. :sad2:

Are people just assuming FP+ won't be offered to all guests once the test is done?

FP+ is a part of the overall MB project. Of course they would test it with on-site guests since on-site guests have access to all MB components to test (room access, room charge, FP+, Tickets...etc).

In the end, if FP+ remains an on-site only perk, why is that "unfair"? Companies are always adding perks to attract new and retain repeat customers. Disney is no different.

There is nothing sinister about it and everyone will have choices to make. Disney is not obligated to provide anyone anything. Just like you are not obligated to give Disney your money.

This whole "fair" thing is frustrating. We are all going to Disney World for vacation while many others will never be able to afford to even go to six flags. Is that fair? It's called life. We are not born with Disney rights. Some Disney magic just costs more, we need to accept that.

But all of that may not matter because we have no idea what this will look like after rollout.

I think a lot of people are assuming this.

I don't think it will remain only an on site thing. They've said from the beginning that FP+ is supposed to be included with every admission.

Yes I agree fully but go tell that to those that live on public money, come over here and tell sob story's just to scam money out of people and than book a vacation at the Grand Floridian. :sad2:

Don't even get me started.

AGREED....there are some self righteous people on these boards sometimes. You kinda get the gist of how America is run as a whole. Sadly those with "money" (which really they don't have money they just have access to a lot of debt and when the can't afford their lifestyles anymore take drastic measures..I digress). I've been to WDW world quite a few times in my lifetime but I've NEVER heard of such entitlement of felt that I was owed anything because of it. But it is a juicy read lol

Excuse me but this is totally BS. Those that have no money? Come on. You are only talking about a few people and the rest of the world has saved more than enough money to pay for Disney without going into debt.

I am now more saddened by your behavior than outraged at this point. Gives me a very dim outlook on our society if there are many more out there like you. Especially since you are also apparently raising two children to believe that money makes them entitled enough to skip past all the other children, and get exactly what they want (riding over and over again), exactly when they want it. Wow.

Those KTTW cards were for the visit you purchased for ONLY. Hence, using them AGAIN, when you are not supposed to, is in a fashion, stealing. I can buy something at Wal-Mart, use it, then go back and stick the same item in my pocket (without being seen) and walk out with it without paying......let's say because I think it's ok because I had already bought it once, and well, I DO spend a lot of money at Wal-Mart. Yup. STEALING. You just have a more interesting way of putting it.

And how do YOU know how much I've spent at Disney over the course of my life? My parents over the course of their lifetimes?? Don't assume.

And this could be completely wrong.....but perhaps what the few percent (like you) spend, vs. what the masses spend, may surprise you. I would bet the masses (combined, of course) that go for a day, a few days, whatever.....even staying off-site....probably spend way more in their lifetimes than you precious few EVER could. Don't flatter yourself.

Money does not make one entitled, loyalty does. Look at the rise in loyalty programs around the country. I spent a few years working for a loyalty marketing company and presented mounds of data on the results. The easiest way to increase revenues is to increase your share of wallet of your current customers. The old strategy of trying to mine new customers for increased sales is more costly and less effective across the board. A barand like Disney does not need to overspend to get new people in, everyone knows Disney and what they are, so this is not like selling some new invention. Disney needs to segment there current customer base by share of wallet and size of wallet. Then they need to determine a way to increase there share of wallet by focusing on the customers that have the either the largest wallets or the customers that have the greatest opportunity to increase share of wallet.

The 2 categories come down to your
1. high paying guests onsite that you need to give them more reasons to come back and thus spend more by increasing the utility the receive by visiting your property. (i.e Show them the benefits of FP+)
2. identifying current guest that are willing to shift spending from outside your property to inside your property (i.e. off-siters who are willing to move on-site to get FP+)

Again, not saying this is fair, but Disney has a great plan here, and if I was consulting for them, I would be giving them the thumbs up, because this is the current trend in all consumer goods & services sectors, incentivize loyal behaviors in your customers, preferably without having to spend any additional money to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter