Unfair :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point just a way to scam the system and prevent others from getting a chance to ride. If in fact the poster is not just trolling.

I don't really disagree with the FP+ for onsite guests as a perk, but if FP- still exists for offsite and the onsite users abuse the system that is what I disagree with. Also with Disney's lack of control, communication and intentions fo the whole shabang

No FP will go unused, and I would never take for the sake of taking and letting it go to waste. Having said that, I have always enjoyed gifting FP that we could not use in the past. Usually these extras are a product of either a tired toddler or a toddler that has suddenly become to scared to do a ride that he did just the other day.

As I stated in another post, our kids force us into the playgrounds (like honey I shrunk the kids at HS) every once in a while, and while there, they often make friends for the period of time they are in the playground. I am genuinely hoping that they make a friend again this time and that we are then able to treat that friends family to a ride on TSM where the kids can play sit together for the ride so that we can share the magic with a deserving group of people.

I'll answer for me at least, even though this question wasn't posed to me.

A perk, for me, is something extra that I get that others (staying off site) don't get. It can be anything. I don't feel I need more. I think that's the wrong way of looking at it. I wouldn't turn any perks away, that's for sure. If Disney said they were giving x,y,z away as a perk, I'd say great!! Sign me up.

Well they kind of are giving x,y,z away and people like it but now they are sort of demanding a,b,c also. I understand human nature is to always want more but at what point does enough become enough?(not saying you are doing this, just generalizing)

While I agree it is sketchy Disney should have something in place to prevent it from happening, if not then it is Disney's fault.
So according to this post it is ok to rob a store because they obviously don't have enough security in place

I agree it is mainly Disney's fault. But I bet they never thought people would try to stick 8 year old KTTW cards in the FP machines either. :/

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

No, but things like this happen everyday on a much worse level than getting some extra rides at an amusement park.

Don't the perks associated with a KTTW card expire on check-out day - other than any unexpired park days remaining on the card? I thought only park tickets that had been used that day would work in the fastpass machines. If so - I don't understand how someone could use saved KTTW cards to get more fastpasses.

So according to this post it is ok to rob a store because they obviously don't have enough security in place

No, that is against the law, I don't believe that poster is breaking any laws by attempting to do what he is going to do. It is not ethical but not illegal.

While I agree it is sketchy Disney should have something in place to prevent it from happening, if not then it is Disney's fault.

It is almost like a chicken and egg thing. Is the shortage caused by something Disney did, or does Disney just need to respond to the social phenomenon that exists when there is a shortage of something, i.e., people tend to hoard an item when there is a shortage of that item, even if they don't need the item. This social behavior is not unique to Disney.

If people would restrain themselves from taking more fp's than would be considered fair, then Disney wouldn't have a problem. But since the hoarding phenomenon is well-known and common whenever a shortage exists, then is this really Disney's fault? I agree that Disney should have planned to regulate the scarce item in such a way that the hoarding ceases. Surely they can program their machines to eliminate some of the most egregious offenses. But I don't blame Disney for the fact that people are indulging themselves like this.

If people came to realize that taking six fp's for themselves means that five people aren't able to get any fp's, would they then take a little "morality moment" and consider that maybe they were being greedy?

I really can't blame the shortage of fp's for a few rides on the fact that resort guests are getting the chance to schedule a few fp+'s for their trips. This was happening when we were there in February, well before the MM+ was introduced.

Don't the perks associated with a KTTW card expire on check-out day - other than any unexpired park days remaining on the card? I thought only park tickets that had been used that day would work in the fastpass machines. If so - I don't understand how someone could use saved KTTW cards to get more fastpasses.

Its another glitch in the system that people are using to unfair advantage. Does not always work but sometimes it does.

JMW123 said:
I am sorry you are enraged, I would be to if I were in your shoes. Disney knows your upset too, but they value my $10 that goes to them for every $1 you spend on them. Your money is going to other hotels and restaurants offsite, mine goes 100% to them. Do you realize how much money all those keys cost? It is not like they "fell of the back of a truck". Stealing is taking something, I bought those keys and worked hard to do it.

And you are right, I am not screwing over Disney, nor would I, I really like Disney and have no problem giving them my money. In turn, they have given me this opportunity, and yes off-siters are at the losing end of this opportunity, but again this is by Disney design, not by my choice.

I travel for business quite a bit as well and I have some lofty loyalty status with hotels and airlines. Is it me stealing from the other 1 time guests at a hotel or airline when I sit in first class or get a complimentary suite, all while paying less than them and using my loyalty status? Nothing is by accident when a large well run company makes decisions and sets up the rules of the game.

I am now more saddened by your behavior than outraged at this point. Gives me a very dim outlook on our society if there are many more out there like you. Especially since you are also apparently raising two children to believe that money makes them entitled enough to skip past all the other children, and get exactly what they want (riding over and over again), exactly when they want it. Wow.

Those KTTW cards were for the visit you purchased for ONLY. Hence, using them AGAIN, when you are not supposed to, is in a fashion, stealing. I can buy something at Wal-Mart, use it, then go back and stick the same item in my pocket (without being seen) and walk out with it without paying......let's say because I think it's ok because I had already bought it once, and well, I DO spend a lot of money at Wal-Mart. Yup. STEALING. You just have a more interesting way of putting it.

And how do YOU know how much I've spent at Disney over the course of my life? My parents over the course of their lifetimes?? Don't assume.

And this could be completely wrong.....but perhaps what the few percent (like you) spend, vs. what the masses spend, may surprise you. I would bet the masses (combined, of course) that go for a day, a few days, whatever.....even staying off-site....probably spend way more in their lifetimes than you precious few EVER could. Don't flatter yourself.

No FP will go unused, and I would never take for the sake of taking and letting it go to waste. Having said that, I have always enjoyed gifting FP that we could not use in the past. Usually these extras are a product of either a tired toddler or a toddler that has suddenly become to scared to do a ride that he did just the other day.

As I stated in another post, our kids force us into the playgrounds (like honey I shrunk the kids at HS) every once in a while, and while there, they often make friends for the period of time they are in the playground. I am genuinely hoping that they make a friend again this time and that we are then able to treat that friends family to a ride on TSM where the kids can play sit together for the ride so that we can share the magic with a deserving group of people.

So you are going to be the Robin Hood of fastpasses

I'd like for you to look for me in the park and feel free to gift me any FPs you feel led to pass on! ;)

I guess I really don't care if someone takes extra KTTW cards to the park to get extra FPs. And I feel that way about a lot of things. I don't know if that makes me a bad person or not.

However, what I do find ridiculous is the need for people to brag about it. If you're going to do it, don't post about it, just do it. The only reason to go online and talk about it is to get a rise out of people.

And if you MUST brag about it, at least have the decency to admit you're unfairly gaming the system. Don't act like Disney owes you something or you're entitled.

I'm gonna call BS on this one. LOL, sorry. But if Disney suddenly said, "you know what... we're going to give you some perks!" You wouldn't take them? Of course you would, happily.

To say you don't want them is to say you would deny them if in fact given to you.

Maybe you're not actively asking Disney for more perks, or demanding more, but don't say you wouldn't take them or don't want any. Because I don't buy that.

Of course we would take them. We were perfectly fine with the perks we got in the past.
But in the last few weeks we did see we were always cheated out by those that got unlimited FP.
We had one ride and we saw people going on the same ride tree times. Those same people always cried foul when we told this and even Head Chief told us there were no perks, no they even had to wait longer. BIG LIE.
Now this perk is gone the hell is on and I am just honest.
Now it is our turn to use what we paid for. We have a lot of old KTWW tickets and if possible we will use them.

zetachi said:
I find this hilarious, the troll calling out a troll :)

JMW123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll buster View Post
Exactly! These are the same people who would be first in line to sue if their child was injured.
I would love to see the data that led to this statement. I am assuming you have this data, otherwise, this statement really seem to fit wiki's definition for...

internet troll
Web definitions

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows ******* on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Haha, I saw that, too! But unfortunately, I don't think he is a troll. I think he really feels this way.

I am now more saddened by your behavior than outraged at this point. Gives me a very dim outlook on our society if there are many more out there like you. Especially since you are also apparently raising two children to believe that money makes them entitled enough to skip past all the other children, and get exactly what they want (riding over and over again), exactly when they want it. Wow.

Those KTTW cards were for the visit you purchased for ONLY. Hence, using them AGAIN, when you are not supposed to, is in a fashion, stealing. I can buy something at Wal-Mart, use it, then go back and stick the same item in my pocket (without being seen) and walk out with it without paying......let's say because I think it's ok because I had already bought it once, and well, I DO spend a lot of money at Wal-Mart. Yup. STEALING. You just have a more interesting way of putting it.

And how do YOU know how much I've spent at Disney over the course of my life? My parents over the course of their lifetimes?? Don't assume.

And this could be completely wrong.....but perhaps what the few percent (like you) spend, vs. what the masses spend, may surprise you. I would bet the masses (combined, of course) that go for a day, a few days, whatever.....even staying off-site....probably spend way more in their lifetimes than you precious few EVER could. Don't flatter yourself.

Again Go to the DISabled board and tell them they 'stole' millions of FP without any reason.

JMW123 said:

Oh boy. And you are determining who is 'deserving' amongst those same people that you just took from in the first place. Oh my....

It is almost like a chicken and egg thing. Is the shortage caused by something Disney did, or is Disney just trying to respond to the social phenomenon that exists when there is a shortage of something, i.e., people tend to hoard an item when there is a shortage of that item, even if they don't need the item. This social behavior is not unique to Disney.

If people would restrain themselves from taking more fp's than would be considered fair, then Disney wouldn't have a problem. But since the hoarding phenomenon is well-known and common whenever a shortage exists, then is this really Disney's fault? I agree that Disney should have planned to regulate the scarce item in such a way that the hoarding ceases. Surely they can program their machines to eliminate some of the most egregious offenses.

If people came to realize that taking six fp's for themselves means that five people aren't able to get any fp's, would they then take a little "morality moment" and consider that maybe they were being greedy?

I really can't blame the shortage of fp's for a few rides on the fact that resort guests are getting the chance to schedule a few fp+'s for their trips. This was happening when we were there in February, well before the MM+ was introduced.

The people that would take a morality moment probably wouldn't be hoarding fastpasses to begin with. I guess Disney is trying to regulate the scarce item now with fp+. Can only get 3 in its current configuration. Disney can fix this by putting in more attractions also.

The people that would take a morality moment probably wouldn't be hoarding fastpasses to begin with. I guess Disney is trying to regulate the scarce item now with fp+. Can only get 3 in its current configuration. Disney can fix this by putting in more attractions also.

Disney didn't need to implement FP+ to stop the "hoarders". All they had to do was program the machines to give out only 3 per ticket per day.

Disney didn't need to implement FP+ to stop the "hoarders". All they had to do was program the machines to give out only 3 per ticket per day.

Plus, I'd argue that they already built-in the mechanism to keep people from taking "too many" with the delay until another FP is available. They easily could have tweaked that time delay over the years had they felt it was important.

Plus, I'd argue that they already built-in the mechanism to keep people from taking "too many" with the delay until another FP is available. They easily could have tweaked that time delay over the years had they felt it was important.

:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter