Unexploded suitcase bombs found on German train.

UGH - that just adds to my nervousness. My 20 yo DD leaves Sunday for Germany. She will have a layover at JFK airport in NY and then will be in Berlin for 10 days. She's so excited to go but things like this make me very nervous.

No Nostradamus here, you know. . this prediction's mine. . . ;)

I bet when (if) they find out who these terrorists are that left the bombs there, they'll find out they are also ISLAMIC terrorists.

Kendra17 said:
No Nostradamus here, you know. . this prediction's mine. . . ;)

I bet when (if) they find out who these terrorists are that left the bombs there, they'll find out they are also ISLAMIC terrorists.

Ten points for Slytherin!

lindalinda said:

So do you think they will be or are you just interested in rudeness?

Charade said:

Ummm, yes I think they will be, and no I'm not interested in rudeness.

That was funny. I could dissect it and explain it to you, but I'm afraid it would still be lost on you! :goodvibes

Charade said:

Gosh, I wish we had someone on our side who spent their time pointing out every time they thought someone on the right was being rude....:rolleyes:

Of course it would be difficult to find someone with that much free time.

:rotfl:

To my knowledge, Germany doesn't have a credible local terrorist threat, does it (such as Spain has with ETA)?

Rich::

dcentity2000 said:
To my knowledge, Germany doesn't have a credible local terrorist threat, does it (such as Spain has with ETA)?

Then it's more likely it is but for what goal?

peachgirl said:
Gosh, I wish we had someone on our side who spent their time pointing out every time they thought someone on the right was being rude....:rolleyes:

Would you like me to help yous guys out?

peachgirl said:

Of course it would be difficult to find someone with that much free time.

:rotfl:
Have you looked in the mirror? Gosh, maybe Im wrong. Maybe you just jump in and actually start the rudeness yourself.

dcentity2000 said:

Skinheads vs. Immigrants?

dcentity2000 said:

Do you mean an indigenous threat? I thought there was a huge Turkish labor population in Germany. I can't remember ever hearing about Turkish terrorists, though. In any case, why does the terrorist threat have to be local?

Question: why is this story being circulated now when it happened on August 1?

oxfordcircus said:
Question: why is this story being circulated now when it happened on August 1?

Well, I just heard about it yesterday and the dateline on at least one of the articles is the 18th. Sorry if it was "old" news. It was new "news" to me yesterday and I didn't see anyone on the DIS talking about it.

Charade said:
Well, I just heard about it yesterday and the dateline on at least one of the articles is the 18th. Sorry if it was "old" news. It was new "news" to me yesterday and I didn't see anyone on the DIS talking about it.

I agree, I saw the recent dateline, but also saw that it happened a while back. I'm not criticizing you, I was just wondering how I didn't hear about this when it happened. That's something I would notice.

I just saw a CNN/AP video (I can't find an actual article yet) that stated they have arrested someone in connection with this. They also stated that there were some papers with Arabic writing on it and they will not yet release the guy's name.

The only reason I can think of for not releasing the story sooner is that they wanted to catch the guys and needed him to stay in the area or something (they had some video of the suspect). I am obviously guessing, though.

Well, I was just re-looking for the link and couldn't find it, but found an article instead:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1772597,00050003.htm

Here it doesn't mention the arabic writing, but does speak of a link to Lebanon.

****No need for Nostradamus, when you have capable Conservatives!

lindalinda said:
Ummm, yes I think they will be, and no I'm not interested in rudeness.

That was funny. I could dissect it and explain it to you, but I'm afraid it would still be lost on you! :goodvibes

People, people, can't we all just get along???
really, though, who is a betting type? it's not as though they found th bombs in Ireland, so odds ARE for what the OP said....just being realistic peeps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter